New Player Nothern Ireland

Janis

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Its unknown brand ak that i bought from my friend.he only played few times with it and quit airsoft.

he got tight bore barrel fitted in local repair shop.i played 4 times and decided i want hight torque motor and 9.6v battery.as u do๐Ÿ˜‚

so it got done by a shop again and i also got tracer if it matters.

played one two hour session all good.half way thrue next seasion bbs started to shoot off on random sides.more i played worst it got.it coud shoot ok three or four times and fifth bb woud fly off on on side or up and down .

setimes i put on full out for testing and they go everywhere.

i did think that as i had it on wrong treads for a second but then i put it right and pull the wee chube out of centre turned it around and it lloks all centered and good.it only wee small tracer.i will try to shoot without it but its harder to see where bbs going without it

Hi @Janis! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Welcome to the forum, have fun when you can! ๐Ÿ”ซ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘

Good luck sorting your AK, Iโ€™m an AK guy, still have to master the tech side, when I can be bothered! ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ‘

๐Ÿ’ทGAMBLE๐Ÿ’ท

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Hi @Janis

Welcome to the brotherhood of softies, oops my mistake,softers lol. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Regardsย 

ย 

ย 

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Janis said:

55FA3D82-652F-4BD6-99C1-6125A2B3FCA8.jpeg

So inner barrel is badly scored.its hard to make photo but its full of stuff as far as u can see in.

is there a problem with gun ir its just matter of giving it a good clean after every game?

ย 

Is that just white powder on the surface?

ย 

If it is then thats bb residue, in part down the choice of ammo.

ย 

Getting into the habit of cleaning the barrel before every game is worthwhile, one of the best "upgrades" you can do in terms of cost/difficulty to performance ratio

Guest Mr. No_Face

@JanisWelcome! Picked a crappy time to start airsoft since almost every local/field is closed due to Covid. But the plus side is; you can spend this time building a loadout!

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, Janis said:

Yes its residue of pellets by looks of it.will get some surgical spirit tomorrow and cleane it.newer knew it can go that bad.thats why i jojn forum cos u can learn a lot of wee things here.

ย 

small strip of microfibre and one of them plastic cleaning rods most guns comeย with works very well.

ย 

some folk use silicon, some use isopropyl, and i sit right in the middle and use nothing :P

Took inner barrel off yesterday.give it a good clean.looks like its weebit scored inside also no brand printed on it so must be cheaper stuff.

put it all back together and same thing.4 bbs go straight ish and 5th pulls on left.

any ideas?thinking of getting new good quality innerย barrel and new hop.coud it be anything else before i start buying this?also what woud be good brand for inner barrel and new hop and hop rubber?

anything else shoud be changed along with this?

What make of bbs are you using? Is there anything that could be scratching bbs enroute like the inside barrel end having been cut badly with hacksaw. Possible may need a new barrel... worth checking out the hopunit too.ย 

Also welcome. Where in ni you playing? I'm outside portadown so have a few sites

Playing in the mill.

no no cuts or anything.

it all happened midย game out of nowhere.same bbs out of shop beside.same one been using for couple games.did check hopup and change hop rubber and nub this weekend still all the same.

Ah my local then. Might be worth asking chris to have a gander at it if he's taking any guns in atm. Does sound barrel is the issue.ย 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.