Drones

Robert James

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've had a Parrot Anafi for about a year but not really used it much.

I did register as required now. (If above 250g)

...But I just got (myself) an underwater drone 😃  'Chasing Dory'

Going to find treasure in the Thames 😉

7 hours ago, Robert James said:

Just got a drone for Xmas - Thanks Dad. Anyone else use Drones on here?

Yeah. I've got a hubsan 501s

Great drone.

In loft at moment.waiting for summer to come around.

My record is two miles out and 1200 ft high.

Outside of CAA  rules but had to try it.

Have got drone license now so am more responsible 😉🙂

Have fun !

REGARDS 

Edited by Shamal
Wrong info

3 hours ago, Shamal said:

Yeah. I've got a hubsan 501s

Great drone.

In loft at moment.waiting for summer to come around.

My record is two miles out and 1200 ft high.

Outside of CAA  rules but had to try it.

Have got drone license now so am more responsible 😉🙂

Have fun !

REGARDS 

Any photos?

I got the mavic air 2. Haven't taken it above 120m yet. Still need to register it as well but keep forgetting 

43 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Any photos?

I got the mavic air 2. Haven't taken it above 120m yet. Still need to register it as well but keep forgetting 

Wow that's a serious bit of kit.

Big bucks as well.

Yeah I've taken plenty of video and pics with it which are all on desktop.

Mine was a budget drone. I paid 300 couple years ago. But it has lots of feature which are on more expensive drones. Videos and pics are pretty good quality although camera is fixed with no stabilisation but drone is so steady in flight that it's not a problem.

🙂

Regards 

2 hours ago, Shamal said:

Wow that's a serious bit of kit.

Big bucks as well.

Yeah I've taken plenty of video and pics with it which are all on desktop.

Mine was a budget drone. I paid 300 couple years ago. But it has lots of feature which are on more expensive drones. Videos and pics are pretty good quality although camera is fixed with no stabilisation but drone is so steady in flight that it's not a problem.

🙂

Regards 

You should post a few on here. Would be great to see some other photographs to give some ideas etc

3 hours ago, Robert James said:

You should post a few on here. Would be great to see some other photographs to give some ideas etc

Ok will get on it.

How do you post up vids cause I cant seem to do it?

🤔

Regards 

12 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

In regards to COVID or “drone” legislation bud?

The new drone rules if it weighs a certain amount and all the different bits. With drones being classified as a1 etc.

I have a friend who bought the £9 pilot license and basically said as long as he doesn't fly stupid he thinks he will be fine. I tend to agree.

35 minutes ago, Robert James said:

The new drone rules if it weighs a certain amount and all the different bits. With drones being classified as a1 etc.

I have a friend who bought the £9 pilot license and basically said as long as he doesn't fly stupid he thinks he will be fine. I tend to agree.

Yeah I took the online test,passed and paid nine pounds for operator number and flyer Id 

34 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

I purchased a DJI Phantom 3 back in 2017 but have only used it a handful of times, such a fun device but haven't really had the time and inclination to use it anymore - been thinking about getting into FPV but again it's time.

I think i might struggle but i think about taking it away etc. or some airsoft events

46 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Been licensed since 2014

The new rules from Dec 2020 I mean

• 1 month later...

Digging this up again as I’ve just noticed it. I’ve had an Anafi since they came out and love it - the technology has definitely matured a lot since the early days. 

I’ve had a couple of crashes, and written one off (taking off from the top of my motorhome into an unnoticed overhanging tree) but been lucky with repairs and Parrot replaced one FOC.  I’ve done the online test and paid for a licence now, but previous to that I’d properly taken the piss and gone super high, and used flight plan to go miles away in the countryside. Awesome pieces of kit for the money. 

i’ve not used it in ages, but hope to be trying to get it on some milsim events for recce purposes. Has anybody else managed to successfully use a drone for airsoft without getting it shot down?

12 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

One of the lads who plays at our site brought his out and put together a cool little video:

Wow thats some good footage.Great action shots.

He was close to some trees couple of times but has really good control of drone.

I do like the reverse panning out shots. Good work👍

Regards

2 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

Has anybody else managed to successfully use a drone for airsoft without getting it shot down?

We have done, using drones and other gadgets for promos and in game, but no matter how many times you tell people not to they do shoot the gadgets - and we get hi def footage of them doing so.

One of our early drones was the parrot and while filming a particular mission it was shot and paintballs wedged into the body, that model could have been taken down if hit in the wrong spot or put out of control in the middle of an manouvre.

Our mans newer models are much more beefy which makes them tougher but could also hit you harder if it’s brought down and any damage risks much more £

We’ve used drones and other devices for filming games, but are more likely to use for filming staged pieces such as promo shots.

They also get used as part of the game such as dropping items, missions, clues etc and in conjunction with a suitcase full of screens for a team that gains control to fly over/drive among and watch the opposition 

More here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2282319458481183&type=3

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.