Return to Tg?

RonLancs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

So after a year of pecking my Mrs decided to get me a CYMA MP5 Blue edition. Unfortunately it arrived and the motor made a clicking sound and the gear box doesn’t turn over. I could open it up and fix it but my Mrs is adamant she wants to return it. Anyone had problems returning shiz to TG? I understand it may be problematic with what’s going on atm but just thought I’d ask. 

cheers 

Ron

32 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Hi all, 

So after a year of pecking my Mrs decided to get me a CYMA MP5 Blue edition. Unfortunately it arrived and the motor made a clicking sound and the gear box doesn’t turn over. I could open it up and fix it but my Mrs is adamant she wants to return it. Anyone had problems returning shiz to TG? I understand it may be problematic with what’s going on atm but just thought I’d ask. 

cheers 

Ron

just to check have you made sure your battery is charged 1st? 

• Supporters

click sounds like the motors at least trying to spin.

if it's not a weak battery like @BigStew suspects then i'd be looking at motor height being too tight or possibly as simple as they've plugged in the polarity wrong.

TG normally supply a Chrono sheet to prove the pew works & is consistent I had the same issue as you.......Try a different battery , one that you know holds a good charge & punch

i ordered a gun from them and the battery supplied in the box was useless, dead & wouldn’t take a charge.

One of my own batteries proved the gun was ok

Sorry, I should’ve said. I tried a different battery & adjusting motor height. Maybe I’ll check the motor wires. But how can that be an issue if they’ve supposedly test fired it.

When I returned to TG for the one time (arcturus AK), I bought a UPS label online and arranged a pickup. It was like £30... I've made myself a rule to never buy from taiwangun unless i'm adamant I will not return it if it goes wrong. So ye, i only use it for parts and some pistols.

I returned a faulty STTi MK23 last year.

They were really good actually.  Gave me a return label to put on the package and arranged a courier to pick it up.  Got refund about a week later.

I can't remember how much the return was but its worth it if the product is really broken on arrival.

Things will be quite a bit slower and possibly more expensive now.

4 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

When I returned to TG for the one time (arcturus AK), I bought a UPS label online and arranged a pickup. It was like £30... I've made myself a rule to never buy from taiwangun unless i'm adamant I will not return it if it goes wrong. So ye, i only use it for parts and some pistols.

So let me get this right.You would but from them but not send it back if it broke. I cant see how that's a good deal🤔

Regards 

1 minute ago, Shamal said:

So let me get this right.You would but from them but not send it back if it broke. I cant see how that's a good deal🤔

Regards 

Seems i worded what badly. What I meant was: I buy from TG, but only if i'm confident that it's what I need and cannot find elsewhere in the UK. Returning internationally is just a pain in the arse in general.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Shamal said:

So let me get this right.You would buy from them but not send it back if it broke. I cant see how that's a good deal🤔

Regards 

Its just the price you pay for importing cheap stuff from poland rather than paying a premium to get a uk shop with logistically easier returns.

For folks who do a lot of tinkering it's pretty standard to accept the warranty aint gonna be worth jack the moment you do something as simple as put a set of proper connections on it.

12 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

Seems i worded what badly. What I meant was: I buy from TG, but only if i'm confident that it's what I need and cannot find elsewhere in the UK. Returning internationally is just a pain in the arse in general.

So what you save by buying abroad pays for the repair parts. 

Mmm....

• Supporters

So what you save by buying abroad pays for the repair parts. 

Mmm....

Not really, think of it more like buying a gun in mint condition on the secondhand market.

For example when i'm buying i tend to be looking for external condition/quality and dont give a stuff about internals because even if they're good i know im going to end up changing them because i refuse to shoot a gun twice without doing some kind of tinkering.

If a warranty is important to you, and you're in the habit of leaving guns totally stock then fair enough, but tbh i've seen the kind of shit that gets pulled as warranty repairs/fps downgrades and i'd rather do the work myself.

13 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Not really, think of it more like buying a gun in mint condition on the secondhand market.

For example when i'm buying i tend to be looking for external condition/quality and dont give a stuff about internals because even if they're good i know im going to end up changing them because i refuse to shoot a gun twice without doing some kind of tinkering.

If a warranty is important to you, and you're in the habit of leaving guns totally stock then fair enough, but tbh i've seen the kind of shit that gets pulled as warranty repairs/fps downgrades and i'd rather do the work myself.

Still not sure of logic but kind of see what you are saying.

I guess I apply my reasoning to anything I buy. If it goes wrong it goes back and back and back until it is as it should be or I get my money back.

I'm old fashioned lol

👍🙂

Regards 

• Supporters

Still not sure of logic but kind of see what you are saying.

I guess I apply my reasoning to anything I buy. If it goes wrong it goes back and back and back until it is as it should be or I get my money back.

I'm old fashioned lol

👍🙂

Regards 

I guess it's just different ways of looking at things.

From my perspective i dont get why folk would spend loads of money paying someone else to fix their gats for them.

Granted i'm sure the amount of shit i've broken over the years learning to tech properly means cost wise it probably evens out, but lets face it no matter what path you choose if you're playing airsoft financial sensibility has already gone out the window :P

Yea, if it was up to me I’d just fix it as I’m going to service the gearbox anyway. I do feel bad because my Mrs has finally bought an airsoft gun (you don’t realise what this means in Ron world) and when it gets here it doesn’t work.

She sees it similarly to Shamal: “I paid for a product and I expect it to work” 

I’d say fair beans but I don’t think she realises what a ball ache it’s going to be returning it. 

Either way if anyone’s interested in this battle of wills with TG I’ll keep you updated. 

1 hour ago, AK47frizzle said:

dude what... 

What what?🤔

Regards 

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Watts his name

Haha. But whatts his game??

🤭

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.