Upgrade Vs New Gun?

jrgllgr

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

Currently running the CYMA CM.515 (https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-515-m4a1-carbine-w-keymod-handguard?fv=1047)

Obviously a cheap option, but I've definitely got some good use out of it in the last year (must have got a good one through quality control) with relatively ok range + accuracy from stock.

At this stage I'm unsure whether it is worth upgrading such a cheap platform, or looking at an alternate M4 (and keep the stock CYMA as a spare).

Does anyone have any experience upgrading the CM.515, and what I would be able to push out of it use wise, or if there are any cost effective upgrades I should look at first?

If it's just a case of it's going to be better to swap to something new - what would everyone's advise be? (I have been looking at the Speca series or Krytac) ideally I would be looking for something that would be a night and day difference compared to my Cyma, but there's so much to choose from!

If it's a two-tone, I'd get a new instead of upgrading as long as you have a UKARA defence now. In my opinion, there's no point throwing money at a cheap two-tone, but it'd make a great backup gun in case you have issues with a new one down the road. Unfortunately, I don't have masses of experience with M4 AEGs, so I can't really advise on which one to get though I've heard G&G CM16s are good?

However when it comes to upgrades, I can throw in my two cents there. As long as your RIF is firing near or around 1J, don't touch the gearbox at all. The only thing I would change out at first would be barrel and hop up, as that's where the majority of your performance is going to come from. The only thing I did to my Cyma m14 was an r-hop inner barrel from Umbrella Armory and it fires amazingly . Some people might say that you can get the same range with the Maple Leaf Macaron rubbers, and they may be right; I have no experience there either so I cannot comment on the efficacy of those rubbers (but the VSR rubbers made by Maple Leaf are fantastic, so I have no doubt the Macarons are fantastic too). What I do have experience with is an otherwise stock Cyma m14 chucking .4g BBs to hit a man-size target at 60m 9/10 times and 70m 2/10 times. More than enough range for a 1J gun that is used like a DMR (but without an MED thanks to being 1J power)

If it's not a two-tone, then I'd just upgrade what you already have. I am definitely more of the "quality over quantity" camp when it comes to airsoft, as I'd rather have 5 RIFs that shoot like dreams and work exactly how I want them to, rather than 50 semi-decent RIFs.

If you've only got one at the moment I'd say get a second. It's always nice to have a spare, whether it be a loaner or a reliable backup for if/when the other goes down or is being worked on.

Two sided argument really.

I could say throw money at it and make it good, on the other hand I know how frustrating it is to have your ONLY gun act up in the field and having to take the walk of shame when everyone else is having fun..

What I would suggest is to buy a new gun AND some really basic upgrades for your current cyma :)

Namely a hop rubber that is capable of lifting 0.3s, €15/20 tops if you look at the good ones like Maple Leaf or Prometheus.

So you get a new gat to play with and you get to keep one as spare/loaner, win win really :D

What's your budget? 

Definitely worth getting a maple leaf hop up and nub for the cyma regardless. Easy and cheap 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.