Lmg Hop up

Mancave

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Advice needed

I have a A&K MK46, used it on Sunday FPS was at 350 on .2s but the bbs were only reaching about 40 meters.

Would a heavier bb help or a new hop up?

Thanks 

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Mancave said:

Advice needed

I have a A&K MK46, used it on Sunday FPS was at 350 on .2s but the bbs were only reaching about 40 meters.

Would a heavier bb help or a new hop up?

Thanks 

heavier bb's will always help (caveat: assuming the hop can spin them), wether or not you can stomach feeding a support gun the expensive stuff is a different story.

whilst i can't comment specifically on the mk46, if it's the same type of hop unit as the m60/pkm then you could look at the bullgear hop unit, it's a big improvement over stock and you can use standard rubbers/nubs (such as a ml macaron+omega nub combo) to lift whatever weight you like. alternately i've had good results with some redneck modification to the stock unit.

I would move up to 0.28's at least as a minimum...and defo would recommend a Bullgear hop unit, (Do not lose the O-ring from the A&K Hop unit as the Bullgear does not come with one) as I got a one in my A&K Mk46.  I also use a Bullgear boxmag as ones that come with A&K are wank.  Bullgear does not use flexible tubes or cheap plastic internals.  I have had x2 Large box mags and x2 small nutsack boxmags to go with my A&K and all have died, some on the same gameday..  Also have flat hopped my Mk46 with prommie purple in the hop unit.

Just google Bullgear box mags, £138 all in from Moscow and they even do a battery version, if you don't fancy wiring it into the gun. (You have to ask them on Facebook about them sending you the battery verison)  

Here is a cut&paste message I sent to Hatchet about the boxmag earlier today.......

Some things I've noted (Some good/some negative)

Good

1)Sturdy and well built

2)simple to operate

3)Asking for the battery operated version is a good if you don't want to run it via internal cable.

4)They still supply all the wiring so you can solder it internally and not use the battery. (I use a small 11.1 to run the mag)

5)There is a small rotary dial inside the box mag to control the speed of bb feed motor..very clever.

4)holds a lot of bb's. (BB's feed opening has a magnet, so won't open by accident)

5)Quite fast ordering/Shipping from Moscow and for £138 not bad, considering you can buy a large shitty A&K mag for £99.

6)Quite a few different camo patterns and quality material as well, in all a well made product.

Negative (These are only minor quibbles)

1)No sound activation.

2)Being a left handed shooter, the button to feed bb's from the mag is designed for right handed shooters. (So I will be getting a tech to wire it up for me anyway so it activates on trigger pull)

3)Detaching the bottom of the mag from the magazine feed arm(That fits inside the mag well) can take a while of attaching/detaching before it locks with a click.  My box mag would not click/engage with the lock at first, took a bit of time taking off/on again before it locked securely. (Still takes a bit of force to lock, but once it's locked it's solid)

Overall, this is the best box mag so far I've tried..I've got x2 of the Large box mags and x2 of the smaller nutsack ones, which all 4 are shit and break so quick.(Cheap plastic internals)..the Bullgear is solid and the 3D printed parts seem very strong.

If your've thinking of getting one, send a pm via Facebook to them with your order nummber asking for the "Battery verision" - What they do is wiring in a deans connector into the bottom of the mag externally for a small battery to sit tucked away.  (I can cram a 3 stick 11.1 lipo in there)

Good quality upgrades from them...

One part of the box mag stays in the gun all the time and you just detach the bottom (Main boxmag) when you come in and out of the safezone.  (As you can see it comes with the cables to wire to the gun, I just run these under the top cover & taped as the wires are live when battery connected)  I will be getting it wired in as they even supply more cabling to do this)

20201010_110411.jpg

20201010_110133.jpg

20201010_110140.jpg

20201010_110201.jpg

20201010_110210.jpg

20201010_110321.jpg

20201010_110417.jpg

20201010_110504.jpg

20201010_110509.jpg

20201010_140629.jpg

20201010_140637.jpg

20201010_140655.jpg

Not sure if they changed them or not, but when had an A&K M249 the hop nubs were a couple of mm too short so they couldn't give enough hop to be effective. IIRC the general consensus was to either replace the whole hop unit or cut off the right size piece of the inner bit of a biro to replace the nub

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Not sure if they changed them or not, but when had an A&K M249 the hop nubs were a couple of mm too short so they couldn't give enough hop to be effective. IIRC the general consensus was to either replace the whole hop unit or cut off the right size piece of the inner bit of a biro to replace the nub

or if you're a redneck like me you tap out the hole to take a grub screw and use that instead :P

5 hours ago, Monkman said:

I would move up to 0.28's at least as a minimum...and defo would recommend a Bullgear hop unit, (Do not lose the O-ring from the A&K Hop unit as the Bullgear does not come with one) as I got a one in my A&K Mk46.  I also use a Bullgear boxmag as ones that come with A&K are wank.  Bullgear does not use flexible tubes or cheap plastic internals.  I have had x2 Large box mags and x2 small nutsack boxmags to go with my A&K and all have died, some on the same gameday..  Also have flat hopped my Mk46 with prommie purple in the hop unit.

Just google Bullgear box mags, £138 all in from Moscow and they even do a battery version, if you don't fancy wiring it into the gun. (You have to ask them on Facebook about them sending you the battery verison)  

Here is a cut&paste message I sent to Hatchet about the boxmag earlier today.......

Some things I've noted (Some good/some negative)

Good

1)Sturdy and well built

2)simple to operate

3)Asking for the battery operated version is a good if you don't want to run it via internal cable.

4)They still supply all the wiring so you can solder it internally and not use the battery. (I use a small 11.1 to run the mag)

5)There is a small rotary dial inside the box mag to control the speed of bb feed motor..very clever.

4)holds a lot of bb's. (BB's feed opening has a magnet, so won't open by accident)

5)Quite fast ordering/Shipping from Moscow and for £138 not bad, considering you can buy a large shitty A&K mag for £99.

6)Quite a few different camo patterns and quality material as well, in all a well made product.

Negative (These are only minor quibbles)

1)No sound activation.

2)Being a left handed shooter, the button to feed bb's from the mag is designed for right handed shooters. (So I will be getting a tech to wire it up for me anyway so it activates on trigger pull)

3)Detaching the bottom of the mag from the magazine feed arm(That fits inside the mag well) can take a while of attaching/detaching before it locks with a click.  My box mag would not click/engage with the lock at first, took a bit of time taking off/on again before it locked securely. (Still takes a bit of force to lock, but once it's locked it's solid)

Once again, some great info there.

I think the green wire is the signal wire, so it should just be a question of connecting the gearbox end of that up to the trigger switch (unless they've completely disconnected it inside the box mag and replaced it with the button). 5 min solder job.  In theory I guess you could use the battery in the box mag to power the gun as well, but that'd depend on the size. I could see it working in the larger 200 round box, with some customisation (perhaps they'll make a drop in for that).

The only other downside is it makes using M4 mags in a pinch a bit more tricky since you need to open up the top cover and disconnect/de-thread the wires before you can remove the adapter.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.