M14 DMR Project - E110 Cerakote, Winchester Trademarks and Wooden Stock Refinishing

Alimcd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

That's looking awesome.

I was toying with sending my AK off for Cerakote in Sniper Grey later this year. The only thing is that some parts (like the mag catch) can't be easily removed. Did your M14 have any non-strippable parts and if so, did the Cerakote work OK on those parts?

I couldn’t for the life of me get the pin that held the mag catch/trigger guard assembly in place. In the end I sent it off complete and held my fingers. 

I think I lucked out as the release still moves freely. The AK mag release springs are at least as stiff as the M14 one (sweeping generalisation based upon experience with TM, LCT and Cyma so ymmv) so I’d hope it’d be fine.

What type of AK?

3 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

I couldn’t for the life of me get the pin that held the mag catch/trigger guard assembly in place. In the end I sent it off complete and held my fingers. 

I think I lucked out as the release still moves freely. The AK mag release springs are at least as stiff as the M14 one (sweeping generalisation based upon experience with TM, LCT and Cyma so ymmv) so I’d hope it’d be fine.

What type of AK?

Thanks.

I have a tacticalool one. Namely an E&L

Have this:

image.png.aecc32298a9b9c24039b710f746ed68b.png

Want to end up similar to this:

image.png.e5891c688d06c6305ce223e776b4e87f.pngimage.png.30ee7d0984290b7960732cebd0567c9d.png

2 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Thanks.

I have a tacticalool one. Namely an E&L

Have this:

image.png.aecc32298a9b9c24039b710f746ed68b.png

Want to end up similar to this:

image.png.e5891c688d06c6305ce223e776b4e87f.pngimage.png.30ee7d0984290b7960732cebd0567c9d.png

Absolutely love the AK. Looks like a proper “bad-guy-gun” 

If they remade (please don’t) Die Hard they’d have those instead of MP5’s and AUGs 

For the sake of my own sanity, ran it through the chrono again after reassembly.

Wouldnt want to end up finding it’s magically hot after not skirmishing for a year!

Sitting pretty at 430 lows and 435 highs. 

• 1 month later...

Finally got to try this out at my local field... With the hop actually set, I was outputting 245fps/0.4. A huge reduction from its overall happyness testing in my garage with 0.2. 

Stripped it down, stuck an m150 in there and with the current hop settings I’m now getting about 305-310 with 0.4’s (eqv 450/0.2). It’s a hell of a spring and getting the shell together was a palava!

Ive treated myself to some Geoff’s 0.43’s to see if the power and the mass can give me a bit of an advantage.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.