Experience of the Mancraft Pdik Gen 2 V2?

BigStew

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello can any give me some info on the Mancraft PDIK Gen 2 V2 as Mancraft web site is lacking. what are the dimensions specifically length? and can it be run on C02? Are they actually any good they seem to be significantly cheaper than other manufactures is it because they are purely mechanical single shot? 

• BigStew changed the title to Experience of the Mancraft Pdik Gen 2 V2?
  • Supporters

Been looking at these myself. They'll definitely run on CO2 but I'm still on the fence as to whether or not they're actually proper closed bolt.

Not a gen 2 owner but have owned the old open bolt one for a couple of years. Has worked fine and dandy for me and have had no qualms about its accuracy even though it is an open bolt system. The newer version is closed bolt, at least based on a video of a prototype version on Facebook. I highly doubt they'd be lying about the operation of it though as it was one of the major selling points about the update.

As for dimensions, no idea. You'd probably get an answer from then via email or Facebook though, they're not too shabby on that. Their website is a bit of a mess for descriptions and specs I'd agree. You'd be looking at a max length of the internals of a V2 gearbox though, from front to rear of where the piston/cylinder/spring, etc, sit.

Edit: Judging by some design renders it's a bit shorter than that length, but dependent on version. Best off contacting them I'd reckon

• Supporters

afaik isn't mancraft's whole deal accuracy? i'd assume that you'd be getting proper closed bolt operation.

you other option might be the polarstar kythera, for a mechanical only semi-locked action.

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Shaydee said:

Not a gen 2 owner but have owned the old open bolt one for a couple of years. Has worked fine and dandy for me and have had no qualms about its accuracy even though it is an open bolt system. The newer version is closed bolt, at least based on a video of a prototype version on Facebook. I highly doubt they'd be lying about the operation of it though as it was one of the major selling points about the update.

See now, that video was the bit that threw me. It looks almost like the nozzle is back while he holds the trigger back. Compared to the Kythera that is very definitely a full cycle on the trigger break.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

See now, that video was the bit that threw me. It looks almost like the nozzle is back while he holds the trigger back. Compared to the Kythera that is very definitely a full cycle on the trigger break.

The pdik and kythera operate completely differently cycle wise, the latter completes a full cycle whilst the pdik does half on trigger pull and half on release (A sort of explanation can be found here although I don't think the PDIK was created as a solenoid based system first, maybe he's referencing the Redline N7 in the video) - note the kythera has a reset system with that extra wire also. The key definition of a closed bolt HPA system is that the nozzle is locked forward before the trigger is pulled. On the older gen the nozzle would be held back and would seat and fire the BB when the trigger was pulled, resetting to an open position when releasing the trigger - hence open bolt. Hope that clears things up a bit!

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Shaydee said:

The pdik and kythera operate completely differently cycle wise, the latter completes a full cycle whilst the pdik does half on trigger pull and half on release (A sort of explanation can be found here although I don't think the PDIK was created as a solenoid based system first, maybe he's referencing the Redline N7 in the video) - note the kythera has a reset system with that extra wire also. The key definition of a closed bolt HPA system is that the nozzle is locked forward before the trigger is pulled. On the older gen the nozzle would be held back and would seat and fire the BB when the trigger was pulled, resetting to an open position when releasing the trigger - hence open bolt. Hope that clears things up a bit!

Nice, thanks. So basically the PDiK pulls the nozzle back and allows a BB to be loaded on the trigger pull, then seats the nozzle and fires the BB on release?

19 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Nice, thanks. So basically the PDiK pulls the nozzle back and allows a BB to be loaded on the trigger pull, then seats the nozzle and fires the BB on release?

I'd presume the first thing it is doing (on the new version) when pulling the trigger is releasing the air in the chamber to fire and then pulling the nozzle back, with the trigger release pushing the nozzle forward and loading the BB. No first hand experience, though I'm toying with the idea of getting a newer gen one.

Old gen (open bolt) - nozzle back > pull trigger > nozzle forward to load BB and air released to shoot > release trigger > nozzle back

New gen (closed bolt) - nozzle forward > pull trigger > air released to shoot and then nozzle backwards > release trigger > nozzle forward to load BB

I'd guess typically when you're reloading a closed bolt HPA system you'd end up dry firing once before you start shooting again as the nozzle being forward stops the first BB from entering the chamber.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Shaydee said:

I'd presume the first thing it is doing (on the new version) when pulling the trigger is releasing the air in the chamber to fire and then pulling the nozzle back, with the trigger release pushing the nozzle forward and loading the BB. No first hand experience, though I'm toying with the idea of getting a newer gen one.

Old gen (open bolt) - nozzle back > pull trigger > nozzle forward to load BB and air released to shoot > release trigger > nozzle back

New gen (closed bolt) - nozzle forward > pull trigger > air released to shoot and then nozzle backwards > release trigger > nozzle forward to load BB

I'd guess typically when you're reloading a close bolt HPA system you dry fire once before you start shooting again as the nozzle being forward stops the BB from entering the chamber.

That makes more sense!

I'd like the Kythera but the PDiK is way cheaper (hence the interest).

The Kythera appeals partly because of the ability to manually "cock" the weapon instead of having to dry fire. I'm looking at fitting it to a MK12 DMR running from CO2 so not having to waste a shot would be nice!

19 minutes ago, Lozart said:

That makes more sense!

I'd like the Kythera but the PDiK is way cheaper (hence the interest).

The Kythera appeals partly because of the ability to manually "cock" the weapon instead of having to dry fire. I'm looking at fitting it to a MK12 DMR running from CO2 so not having to waste a shot would be nice!

I think the wire is there to reset the system in case of low pressure or something of the sort and not to cock/load a round. I think you'll be dry firing one regardless of which system you grab!

The trigger setup on the Kythera does look very nice though, all adjustable and that fun stuff, though like you said it's a fair whack more expensive. You can get a PDIK Gen 2 for less, or roughly the same price already fit into a gearbox (just need a selector plate and a trigger) from Mancraft themselves. And on top of that the Kythera is pretty much out of stock everywhere.

• Root Admin

All I'll say is that you should all be looking into the trigger more than anything else. As much as I liked the v1 and as easy as it was to install, it had one of the worst triggers I've put in a DMR. It's not that bad vs. the whole pack (and was of course more responsive than most AEGs) but it was a bit spongy.

Just a quick input on the kythera. I recently installed one into a cyma 076 AK and I'm really impressed with it.

No hassle installing and so far its been faultless on the field with no alignment issues etc. Being a v3 its not as versatile in regards to trigger customisation like an m4 it seems, but I will get around to lightening the trigger a bit later on.

The only other thing I found was the IGL lines are not compatible with this unit, so i sent the original line off to highpresssureairsoft who swapped it over.

I fitted the PDiK V2 Gen2 to my Ares M110K a few months back. Used it for 3 games and loving it.

yes the trigger cycle is:

1.fire bb, dwell and retract on held pull

2. load bb and remain closed bolt on release.

in my case I changed the trigger and springing within the Area gearbox. The GB had a lot of metal to remove as has strengthening fins everywhere. Also the clearance around the trigger valve was tricky in mine. However i was committed so made it happen. 

Oh and the trigger feel is superbly weighted, crisp with great feel and audible clicks/felt release.  Felt bit like the GBLS trigger (later one) for weight.

Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Biarnred said:

I fitted the PDiK V2 Gen2 to my Ares M110K a few months back. Used it for 3 games and loving it.

yes the trigger cycle is:

1.fire bb, dwell and retract on held pull

2. load bb and remain closed bolt on release.

in my case I changed the trigger and springing within the Area gearbox. The GB had a lot of metal to remove as has strengthening fins everywhere. Also the clearance around the trigger valve was tricky in mine. However i was committed so made it happen. 

Oh and the trigger feel is superbly weighted, crisp with great feel and audible clicks/felt release.  Felt bit like the GBLS trigger (later one) for weight.

Hope this helps.

it does thank you. i intend to use the v2 in a completely custom gun so just need find dimensions now. 

4 hours ago, Biarnred said:

Sounds like I might have to grab an upgrade. My wallet weeps 😄

On 23/12/2020 at 14:39, Shaydee said:

Sounds like I might have to grab an upgrade. My wallet weeps 😄

if you buy direct they have a discount code MCXMASS might run out tonight

Mancraft got back to me 124mm buy 25.5mm wide i only have 22mm of space back to the drawing board

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.