What's the Most Efficient Stock GBB Pistol You've Used!

Lex Dangler

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

10 hours ago, Lex Dangler said:

How do they compare otherwise? 

The AAPs against the TM G17?

Roughly the same performance, 55/60 metres on 0.3s with a good degree of consistency.

Mind you, I have replaced the hop rubbers on all 3 guns (running 50/60° ML decepticons). Stock none could reliably lift 0.3s (you'd get 1 in 5/6 shots properly hopped and the rest was diving down at about 20/25 metres).

Efficiency wise, they're similar, they go through the full magazine with enough gas left to go through almost a second one (haven't really tested, I top up gas anyway when reloading).

I run the glock on TM and AA mags because it light strikes on WEs (in summer), I run the AAPs on WE and AW mags (it sounds stupid to run "inverted" mags but I found the AA mags to not be as efficient as the WE ones)

Nifty little guns for the price, if it's your first GBB I'd go TM though, as plug&play as it gets for everything airsoft really and there are tons of upgrades available as they are the benchmark when it comes to airsoft guns (all the gearboxes are TM clones, all the GBBs are TM clones, all the VSRs are TM clones, you get the idea ;))

11 hours ago, Lex Dangler said:

I'm on it dude! I think my decision has been made, just got to sell a few bits and bobs and I'll be getting one, in black of course, that's a no brainer 🤷‍♂️ I'm with you on that awful tan colour! I will report back with my thoughts on it and I'll let you know IF I get bored of it 👍 

Good man 😂

Talking of AA-P01’s I joined the Facebook group and saw this. Seems like the platform is beginning to get a huge following similar to the MK23. I have no HPA equipment myself so can’t really speak about the platform. However a drum mag with loaded up with MAPP gas is something else. 

D4C59938-8A5B-4B48-9144-C2848CC8BA1D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Skara said:

The AAPs against the TM G17?

Roughly the same performance, 55/60 metres on 0.3s with a good degree of consistency.

Mind you, I have replaced the hop rubbers on all 3 guns (running 50/60° ML decepticons). Stock none could reliably lift 0.3s (you'd get 1 in 5/6 shots properly hopped and the rest was diving down at about 20/25 metres).

Efficiency wise, they're similar, they go through the full magazine with enough gas left to go through almost a second one (haven't really tested, I top up gas anyway when reloading).

I run the glock on TM and AA mags because it light strikes on WEs (in summer), I run the AAPs on WE and AW mags (it sounds stupid to run "inverted" mags but I found the AA mags to not be as efficient as the WE ones)

Nifty little guns for the price, if it's your first GBB I'd go TM though, as plug&play as it gets for everything airsoft really and there are tons of upgrades available as they are the benchmark when it comes to airsoft guns (all the gearboxes are TM clones, all the GBBs are TM clones, all the VSRs are TM clones, you get the idea ;))

Cheers for the info 👍 

I'm not so keen on the aesthetics of the aap. 

It won't be my first pistol, I've had several over the years but I've been out of the sport for a while, it must be 20 years since I last skirmished! TM was always king back then and I  wondered whether that was still the case as there have been a lot of developments and new brands since... Apparently so! 👑 

36 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Good man 😂

Talking of AA-P01’s I joined the Facebook group and saw this. Seems like the platform is beginning to get a huge following similar to the MK23. I have no HPA equipment myself so can’t really speak about the platform. However a drum mag with loaded up with MAPP gas is something else. 

D4C59938-8A5B-4B48-9144-C2848CC8BA1D.jpeg

I said I wasn't keen on the aesthetics but now I'm not so sure! 

Out of curiosity, what other brands make plastic pistols? 

17 minutes ago, Lex Dangler said:

Cheers for the info 👍 

I'm not so keen on the aesthetics of the aap. 

It won't be my first pistol, I've had several over the years but I've been out of the sport for a while, it must be 20 years since I last skirmished! TM was always king back then and I  wondered whether that was still the case as there have been a lot of developments and new brands since... Apparently so! 👑 

I said I wasn't keen on the aesthetics but now I'm not so sure! 

Out of curiosity, what other brands make plastic pistols? 

KSC but they are filled to the brim with proprietary parts (interchangeable with KWA as they are the same company but that's it).

Action Army really hit the nail on the head with the AAP.

Cheap base that can be customized via a suite of accessories. I plan to turn my black one into a full on carbine whenever AA releases the m-lok rail they showed a while ago.

The AAP is definitely fun and having a small bolt rather than full slide of course helps massively with efficiency. However I was surprised to find my Umarex Glock 19X to outperform it in that regard. Of course that's just the experience I had under the conditions I was in, I couldn't guarantee it to anyone else as it doesn't seem to make sense to me.

1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

The AAP is definitely fun and having a small bolt rather than full slide of course helps massively with efficiency. However I was surprised to find my Umarex Glock 19X to outperform it in that regard. Of course that's just the experience I had under the conditions I was in, I couldn't guarantee it to anyone else as it doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Yeah that seems odd, did you use the same mag in both? 

3 minutes ago, Lex Dangler said:

did you use the same mag in both? 

Again "in my experience" but I found that the AA mags worked best in the AAP and using Umarex or TM mags, I sacrificed FPS. So no, this was with AA mag in the AAP and Umarex mag in the G19X. The only thing I can think is it's possibly just a good system. Negative airsoft has stated that the best GBBP is the VFC HK45CT (from memory he was getting over 100 shots from one mag) and of course the Umarex G19X is also made by VFC. I know indoors I was getting 4 - 5 mags worth of BB's from one gas charge, so that matches the HK45CT.  

10 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Again "in my experience" but I found that the AA mags worked best in the AAP and using Umarex or TM mags, I sacrificed FPS. So no, this was with AA mag in the AAP and Umarex mag in the G19X. The only thing I can think is it's possibly just a good system. Negative airsoft has stated that the best GBBP is the VFC HK45CT (from memory he was getting over 100 shots from one mag) and of course the Umarex G19X is also made by VFC. I know indoors I was getting 4 - 5 mags worth of BB's from one gas charge, so that matches the HK45CT.  

Yeah I watched negs vid on hk45ct too. So maybe tm isn't the most gas efficient platform after all!? 🤷‍♂️ 

Anyone else have good things to say about umarex pistols? Or comparisons vs tm etc? 

54 minutes ago, Lex Dangler said:

Yeah I watched negs vid on hk45ct too. So maybe tm isn't the most gas efficient platform after all!? 🤷‍♂️ 

Anyone else have good things to say about umarex pistols? Or comparisons vs tm etc? 

Yes, Umarex are utter, utter shite pistols, made by VFC.

They look pretty, make great door stops, that’s it.

Although some people think this apparatus is acceptable as weapon of choice. I just don’t get it! It looks pants. Of course I’m not just talking about the gold trigger! 

0DC4E2BA-D549-4176-ACC3-52FBF308CEA5.jpeg

43 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Yes, Umarex are utter, utter shite pistols, made by VFC.

They look pretty, make great door stops, that’s it.

Ha! Okay, duly noted 👍 

11 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Although some people think this apparatus is acceptable as weapon of choice. I just don’t get it! It looks pants. Of course I’m not just talking about the gold trigger! 

0DC4E2BA-D549-4176-ACC3-52FBF308CEA5.jpeg

It does look f@cking ridiculous! I've seen so many god awful looking hicapas that the owners seem to be proud of for some reason 🤷‍♂️ 

16 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Definitely acceptable.

Why you wouldn't want the best tool for the job is beyond me.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Skara said:

Definitely acceptable.

i know you know this, but that isn't the best tool for the job.

15 minutes ago, Skara said:

Definitely acceptable.

Each to their own I guess. In my mind it's making a pistol, that's not supposed to be cumbersome, cumbersome. Being tethered by the hose and with that fat mag it alters the balance and freedom of movement somewhat. Plus it looks like shite 💩

I suppose it depends on your play style and the situation but personally it's not for me

11 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i know you know this

I feel the urge to buy a Primary/Tapp glock adapter now :D

6 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Acceptable if you think you're a Ghostbuster 😂

I'm just messing with you mate ;)

5 minutes ago, Lex Dangler said:

Each to their own I guess. In my mind it's making a pistol, that's not supposed to be cumbersome, cumbersome. Being tethered by the hose and with that fat mag it alters the balance and freedom of movement somewhat. Plus it looks like shite 💩

I suppose it depends on your play style and the situation but personally it's not for me

You make a point, but between having a hose and fighting temperamental mags, I'd go hose all day :D

Not saying that every GBB mag is shit, but HPA has a clear advantage over gas/co2:

it's constant pressure output, no matter any external factor

With that being said, I'm still a fan of function over form and I still think that HPA tapped pistols are among the best things you can have in tight CQB fields ;)

22 minutes ago, Skara said:

You make a point, but between having a hose and fighting temperamental mags, I'd go hose all day :D

Not saying that every GBB mag is shit, but HPA has a clear advantage over gas/co2:

it's constant pressure output, no matter any external factor

With that being said, I'm still a fan of function over form and I still think that HPA tapped pistols are among the best things you can have in tight CQB fields ;)

I see your point re hpa vs gbb but I'd opt for an electric smg over both, for a primary anyway

Ahh, all this talk is making me itch for some action! 

It ultimately down to why people choose to play the game, for some it's realism... which you can justify in any manner of ways. And for some it's simply a sport where, as Skara says, they want what they consider to be the most effective means of running their platform of choice. Much the same as folks running around in kilos of gear versus someone with 7 mags in a paintball style belt, they have the same function, 'cool points' very much being subjective.

I tend to try things out before passing judgement, so I picked up one of the Primary adapters for my Hicapa. The fact you can tune the trigger without having to accomodate for inconsistency is ace, I haven't had a chance to skirmish it (and likely won't, for other reasons) it just felt very 'not me' and that's ultimately that was the thing I couldn't get past. I imagine the hose could get in the way if you're doing acrobatics around a CQB site but for all the regular movements you'd make while playing it's not very restrictive. Having a line into an AR was a whole different story, transitions felt much less comfortable... but that's another topic for another time.

As a note which is more in line with the topic, in terms of HPA efficiency running taps in a GBB is significantly less efficient than running an engine. Superfluous information I have no doubt, but there it is 🤷‍♂️.

I must confess I do fancy getting an AA-P01 with a gas drum mag just to try it out for a laugh....  obviously useless for woodland unless you're kicking-what's-his-face coz well if he uses one then they must be cool!  However, shove in a long inner barrel and then find a suppressor the size of a donkey's third leg and you may have an awesome little pea shooter.. Yes you can get a 3d printed carbine kit, blah, blah, blah, but then you may as well just using a SMG like a EVO or something similar....

6 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Superfluous... that’s a big word for Friday evening @alxndrhll

I like my words how I like my M4 mags hanging out of a pistol, big and too hard for some folks to wrap their head around.*

*I said this because I thought it was 'funny'... because as my initial post would suggest, I don't actually like M4 mags hanging out of pistols.

Though I do think the MP5 adapter in the AAP doesn't look half bad, possibly helped by the fact it isn't a 'real gun'... and the fact it isn't plugged in. mUh ImmErsIOn.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.