Volume Spacers a Smart Idea?

Trixxeo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ive hap's my ak. and I've noticed when I disconnect the hose from the mag I lose a fair amount of air (the volume of the mags gas chamber) that's like 40 odd shots worth minimum. 10 mag changes and that's a good amount of the bottle empty. sooo. would filling the void be a viable option to decrease the amount of air wasted?

6 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

you meaning an hpa tapped gbb?

possibly, or a non-return valve so it doesn't vent the air.

depends wether you want to be able to convert them back to gbb mags in the future.

oooh do sell me on the non return valve idea!? these readily available or require some work? need it for next weekend lol

Just now, Trixxeo said:

oooh do sell me on the non return valve idea!? these readily available or require some work? need it for next weekend lol

Ive never seen one, I’m guessing you’d have to engineer it 🤷🏼‍♂️

Had a search, they’re called check valves and are common in Paintball. Looks like you’d need to drill and tap airsoft mags to fit them maybe

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Ive never seen one, I’m guessing you’d have to engineer it 🤷🏼‍♂️

Had a search, they’re called check valves and are common in Paintball. Looks like you’d need to drill and tap airsoft mags to fit them maybe

^ pretty much what i was gonna say

What fittings do you currently have, and what is discharging?

Air fittings are available with and without valves.

e.g. on the male end, a nipple with valve or a hollow one piece nipple 

and on the female end either a basic coupler or a coupler & on/off slide 

In paintball if using a remote line we would use a slide check on the remote line so that airflow can be turned off at the hose.  And on the gun we would have a hollow male nipple so that the ‘charge’ of air was deliberately lost.  This means that a mechanical gun is cleared of air and becomes safe, and on a regulated gun that only a small number of trigger pulls could fire 

Nipples with valves are normally just used on the fill nipple of the cylinder so that it remains sealed.

If a nipple with valve is fitted on the gun end then it seals on removal of the hose and you have retained the air for a small number of shots 

The check valve picture from left to right shows:

Black slide pulled back to the left (airflow is off)

Small holes are visible, then an oring

Push the black slide forward to the right and it releases air into those holes

The reddish element is the female coupler, with a male nipple in place

Cheap poor quality slide checks have been known to have edges and can damage the oring and leak.

IMG_6028.jpeg

IMG_6027.png

IMG_6026.jpeg

Edited by Tommikka
Making images smaller

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.