Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Hello all! Hope you're all keeping well :)

Surprised to see TG are still having issues with delivering to the UK!

I had a new Specna E19 Daniel defense sent to me from Gunfire a few weeks ago, and it only took 4 days door to door (on an expired UKARA no less! 🤣) Much better than this time last year!

23 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

All of which puts the shit show known as UPS in to sharp relief

I did a club-buy for some 10 RC Aircraft kits from Belgium just after Xmas - nearly shit myself when I had a UPS shipping notice - the vendor promised to use another company. I nearly cancelled the entire order based on the shit with TaiwanGun.

Had an email from UPS to pay my VAT/Admin charge online. My order arrived exactly four days after shipping from the Vendor with no issues whatsoever. And the box was huge too, bigger than a RIF being shipped although not as heavy.

I just don't get what their problem is, other than the fact that most orders contain RIFs? If Gunfire can do it, why can't TG? Answers on a postcard....

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I did a club-buy for some 10 RC Aircraft kits from Belgium just after Xmas - nearly shit myself when I had a UPS shipping notice - the vendor promised to use another company. I nearly cancelled the entire order based on the shit with TaiwanGun.

Had an email from UPS to pay my VAT/Admin charge online. My order arrived exactly four days after shipping from the Vendor with no issues whatsoever. And the box was huge too, bigger than a RIF being shipped although not as heavy.

I just don't get what their problem is, other than the fact that most orders contain RIFs? If Gunfire can do it, why can't TG? Answers on a postcard....

UPS can fuck up literally anything. Your experience with the RC order is the exception rather than the rule these days!

• Supporters
8 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Hello all! Hope you're all keeping well :)

Surprised to see TG are still having issues with delivering to the UK!

I had a new Specna E19 Daniel defense sent to me from Gunfire a few weeks ago, and it only took 4 days door to door (on an expired UKARA no less! 🤣) Much better than this time last year!

LFWSDXzh-Cq_h5KyHM-I_9UQFhU_1pIH30MjJdtVF-P8OEOh0wFkx3BzgXJmsHSImnin_PRDWkfNaZGq1H7youpU0ZqNBz1pbXMWnr4ir3IidnpcgPFvtZjjaaA1wV2kfHEG7ECgk3WhmYM9r18TN73evt67.jpg

@Rogerborg

The value was over 300 euros, there was no tax applied by the retailer. Powair 6 do state that tax will be applied once it's imported into the UK so perhaps Border Force made a mistake, idk. I still haven't heard from them anyway.

Edited by Mintyxxx

• Supporters
3 hours ago, EDcase said:

Patrolbase are no longer acting as middlemen for Taiwangun so now there's no way to shop there.

Shame, but I was surprised that they ever did it.  Handling custom orders on an ad-hoc basis was always going to be much more expensive for them than flogging stuff from stock.

7 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Shame, but I was surprised that they ever did it.  Handling custom orders on an ad-hoc basis was always going to be much more expensive for them than flogging stuff from stock.

I assume (PB) are already set up to receive stock from European suppliers and deal with paperwork so they could take orders from TG and ship when they have enough to fill a pallet.

I would be happy to wait extra time for them to get enough orders in for the bulk delivery but I guess there isn't enough profit as you said.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I assume (PB) are already set up to receive stock from European suppliers and deal with paperwork so they could take orders from TG and ship when they have enough to fill a pallet.

In bulk though, and selling from stock.

When we're talking about items that they have to order, track and send on individually, and customers bugging them with "were gun tho m8?" on a daily basis, I expect any profit margin is soon going to get swallowed up in extra staff time.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

In bulk though, and selling from stock.

When we're talking about items that they have to order, track and send on individually, and customers bugging them with "were gun tho m8?" on a daily basis, I expect any profit margin is soon going to get swallowed up in extra staff time.

Yeah, I guess you're right.  I wonder how many staff they have and if they're always busy....

I don't want a job where I have to deal with the public 🤣

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

I assume (PB) are already set up to receive stock from European suppliers and deal with paperwork...

Loads of PB's items already come from Taiwan Gun (aka "Krakman") as they're the European distributor for many brands, which is somewhat frustrating as PB have bugger all Double Eagle rifles in stock but Taiwan Gun have the whole range available 😭

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Fatboy40 said:

Loads of PB's items already come from Taiwan Gun (aka "Krakman") as they're the European distributor for many brands, which is somewhat frustrating as PB have bugger all Double Eagle rifles in stock but Taiwan Gun have the whole range available 😭

Is that any surprise ? When you come down to it you can literally count the number of good UK Airsoft retailers on one hand !🤦‍♂️

And to rub salt into the already gaping wound, Taiwangun are now selling the S&T SMLE Lee Enfield......to everywhere but where it was used........

On 18/02/2022 at 21:08, Fatboy40 said:

Somewhat good news in that iWholeSales (which provide guns on-order to SpecOps, and I think a few other skirmish sites) actually have a few different DE guns in stock right now.   
The only issue is I don't know what their prices are, only account holders get to see them, but have ordered these by price.  The 'pro' sniper rifle gives us a clue on the upper limit (~£250), but let's hope they're not anywhere near that level now.

image.png.c157fdac81ff64ebb968158edbdcae4f.png

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
2 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

let's hope they're not anywhere near that level now

Maybe if owners would stop saying such great things about them... ;) 

Agreed on the SMLE's, and let's hope that PatrolBase get a load of them.

I was looking at TG the other day, and I am pretty sure that when I tried to order it said UK deliveries would be resuming very soon

Ah, several weeks it says. So still a little vague

Screenshot_20220221-181514_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8816ebd9263920bd283fbe88a6cbcaf6.jpg

Edited by MagpieTactical

1 minute ago, MagpieTactical said:

I was looking at TG the other day, and I am pretty sure that when I tried to order it said UK deliveries would be resuming very soon

Its said that for the last couple of months.

They 'tested' a UPS service but encountered problems so deliveries are cancelled for now.

It says you can order through Patrol Base but I spoke to them last week and they said they stopped doing TG orders a few weeks ago

Ah I hadn't checked until recently.  Had sort of presumed as this thread was near the top constantly, that there must still be issues.  So by several, they mean loads of weeks lol

I do find it interesting that they seem to be able to send RIFs to the UK for YouTube reviewers etc, but not for paying customers. 

Edited by MagpieTactical

• 8 months later...

Came through fine into UK but ups were a Ballache to deal with. it was about 3 weeks to get the thing out of customs to my door.

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Anyone ordered from Gunfire recently via UPS?  Tempted by a new E&L

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.