Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

23 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yeah, @Asomodai was saying a bunch of folks dont like it.

took a look at the review on arnies and tbh a lot of the issues are stuff i can fix/live with.

for my needs if i can slap a ml autobot in there and lob at least one magful of .32's before refilling i'm happy.

Well, when you get, i trust there will be an indepth review and snag list from you.  Really want one, and its annoying that its been badly reviewed, and appears in EU shops post brexit

• Supporters
2 hours ago, kasaran said:

Well, when you get, i trust there will be an indepth review and snag list from you.  Really want one, and its annoying that its been badly reviewed, and appears in EU shops post brexit

that's the plan, the one on arnies goes into some decent detail, certainly enough for me to think the issues are manageable.

always a case of context though, for example i don't mind if a pistol shits itself in winter so i'm happy with WE stuff but other folks would hate them for that.

20 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that's the plan, the one on arnies goes into some decent detail, certainly enough for me to think the issues are manageable.

always a case of context though, for example i don't mind if a pistol shits itself in winter so i'm happy with WE stuff but other folks would hate them for that.

im certain i found them listed on a UK seller, saying the guns didnt meet their standard and were sending back the entire batch (after giving the preorders the option have have one or wait/refund)  couldnt for life of me find out which shop last night when looking.  i dunno if its because the shop page was removed.  Just made me worry too much. 

but yeah, hopefully when all this delivery and shits passes to whatever the new norm is, providing its skirmishable (i dont want one to just be a wall hanger) then i will treat myself.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, kasaran said:

im certain i found them listed on a UK seller, saying the guns didnt meet their standard and were sending back the entire batch (after giving the preorders the option have have one or wait/refund)  couldnt for life of me find out which shop last night when looking.  i dunno if its because the shop page was removed.  Just made me worry too much. 

but yeah, hopefully when all this delivery and shits passes to whatever the new norm is, providing its skirmishable (i dont want one to just be a wall hanger) then i will treat myself.

could be a specifically bad batch they got? i mean airsoft qc is a lottery at the best of times.

i very rarely use a pistol at all and when i do it's generally because my rifle's out and i can't be bothered going to refill mags. other than that maybe for a bit more free movement when hedgelurking but that's a one shot wonder kind of situation.

14 minutes ago, kasaran said:

I believe it was Airsoftworld. Their tech said the quality was shocking. 

On 27/01/2021 at 18:34, Asomodai said:

I believe it was Airsoftworld. Their tech said the quality was shocking. 

Thanks. Was bugging me that i couldnt find them again

Found a fb post from them dated 20th of august advertising the preorders and saying when to expect delivery.  The link to the storepage is dead.  So yeah.  Recently they must have recently taken the page off their shop.  

• Supporters
On 25/01/2021 at 19:54, Adolf Hamster said:

yeah, @Asomodai was saying a bunch of folks dont like it.

took a look at the review on arnies and tbh a lot of the issues are stuff i can fix/live with.

for my needs if i can slap a ml autobot in there and lob at least one magful of .32's before refilling i'm happy.

Thing is with most ‘Joe bloggs’ players realistically how often do you use a pistol and at what kind of range ? Me personally it’s only when it’s a tight space or my AEG is just too unwieldy to use(dense cover)there by the ranges are going to be quite ‘up close and personal’ to say the least ? So I’d say yea I’m with you as long as I can sling a mag full it to a couple of targets I’m more than happy with most pistols  👍

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Thing is with most ‘Joe bloggs’ players realistically how often do you use a pistol and at what kind of range ? Me personally it’s only when it’s a tight space or my AEG is just too unwieldy to use(dense cover)there by the ranges are going to be quite ‘up close and personal’ to say the least ? So I’d say yea I’m with you as long as I can sling a mag full it to a couple of targets I’m more than happy with most pistols  👍

for me it's either relatively short aka hipfire, or very long (aka i'm out of ammo and i'm just plinking at that point)

but more important is how rarely i use a pistol at all, certainly with any serious intention at least.

On 26/01/2021 at 11:44, maxewc said:

That fps choice  thing is annoying as my regular field fps limit fo aegs is 350 so i have to ask in the order commentary for lower.

Don't expect it to be at the FPS they state;).

On 30/01/2021 at 15:53, colinjallen said:

Don't expect it to be at the FPS they state;).

Yeah the "350" I've had from them dances around the 340 mark, so perfect for most of us.

2 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Yeah the "350" I've had from them dances around the 340 mark, so perfect for most of us.

When / if they start delivering again 😢

Powair6 are still showing this notification. The only thing I have in my basket is Magpul stuff.... I should have ordered this stuff before the end of last year... oh well!!!

image.thumb.png.c081ba60cf05c44b90b01037cabaab7c.png

32 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

When / if they start delivering again 😢

Why do you think I ordered 2 x DE M904's + CYMA Platinum 097D (which Negative Airsoft is starting work on today and may well make a video on) back in December, when they first announced this.

6 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Powair6 are still showing this notification. The only thing I have in my basket is Magpul stuff.... I should have ordered this stuff before the end of last year... oh well!!!

image.thumb.png.c081ba60cf05c44b90b01037cabaab7c.png

I e-mailed them and they are awaiting the VAT details from the UK. Quote:

"At this time we have stopped shipping to UK because we are still waiting for our UK VAT number. We plan to come back to a normal shipping situation to UK in february. We apologize for the inconvenience caused."

James

26 minutes ago, Piman said:

I e-mailed them and they are awaiting the VAT details from the UK. Quote:

"At this time we have stopped shipping to UK because we are still waiting for our UK VAT number. We plan to come back to a normal shipping situation to UK in february. We apologize for the inconvenience caused."

James

Aye, this is what many Europeans retailers need to do and I expect HMRC have a lot of work to do to issue such numbers etc. It will take time and we all just have to be patient. Although it’s frustrating when you want your bits now. Even though we won’t be playing for months yet. 

6 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Aye, this is what many Europeans retailers need to do and I expect HMRC have a lot of work to do to issue such numbers etc. It will take time and we all just have to be patient. Although it’s frustrating when you want your bits now. Even though we won’t be playing for months yet. 

I really wanted to go to NAF too 

8 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

I really wanted to go to NAF too 

Yeah me to. Been last five years. Great fun.

Hope this is sorted before August!

Regards 

No chance it will be sorted before August. With all the new variants and other stuff happening things like the National Airsoft Event just won’t happen. Well not this year. 

We will be lucky to play any airsoft this side of half year. 

3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

No chance it will be sorted before August. With all the new variants and other stuff happening things like the National Airsoft Event just won’t happen. Well not this year. 

We will be lucky to play any airsoft this side of half year. 

Sadly, I agree; a friend who is a rather well-published virologist is not exactly optimistic that we will beat this at all unless we lock the borders, take much stronger action within the UK and get the vaccine distribution sorted out.  The recently reported mutations are really worrying virologists and immunologists.

As he also pointed out, even if we get on top of it in the UK, it might be many years before it is really under control in other parts of the world.

1 hour ago, colinjallen said:

Sadly, I agree; a friend who is a rather well-published virologist is not exactly optimistic that we will beat this at all unless we lock the borders, take much stronger action within the UK and get the vaccine distribution sorted out.  The recently reported mutations are really worrying virologists and immunologists.

As he also pointed out, even if we get on top of it in the UK, it might be many years before it is really under control in other parts of the world.

Exactly.... we are an island nation and we should have done what NZ did. Close down the borders.... If we had taken this course of action early and been really draconian about it we could have been out of the woods sooner. But I get it's a trade off between the economy and lives and politics. The scary thing is that once we get it under control and start to relax and then what do we do we the rest of the world in terms of business and leisure travel. Do we still shut them out until they also have it under control? 65% of the French said they will refuse any vaccine just as an example. So will France become a no-go zone? There will always be a new variant somewhere in the world, and pose a threat,  as thats the nature of a virus. It evolves to it's environment it lives in... It want's to thrive. If current vaccines can't be effective against new strains then new vaccines will need to be developed and suddenly this may become a yearly vaccine way of life for us.... Bollocks aint it? 

Anyway, I've gone off topic..... back to BREXIT related taxation with is far more exciting to write about..... ;)

13 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

So we need a order minimum of £140 plus shipping and VAT/duty and then carrier charges.

Not worth it then I guess?

https://www.taiwangun.com/pl/keepcalm?campaign-id=13

Screenshot_5.png

Taiwangun are not charging Polish VAT on sales to the UK. All the prices have been dropped by 23%.

UK VAT is chargeable at import, collected by the carrier. Not sure about the duty side of things as to whether it is chargeable under the free trade agreement or not. 

So net we gain 3% on the VAT difference, but that will be swallowed in carrier charges.

The shipping cost has been dropped a little I notice, just over £9. 

Yeah, I've just had the email through.

No doubt any cost savings will be like you say, swallowed by "handling fees"

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.