Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm with @Druid799 on this, I've used a number of UK Airsoft retailers over the years, & more often than not they've been piss poor, everything from non existent stock, what they have got is often priced above RRP, & don't get me started on the shit eating attitude towards customers that many of them seem to have, you end up ready to slap some manners in to these twàts.

I'm not a sheep, I have a bad experience, whether it's a site or a shop, you'll not get a second chance.

so then my my hard earned goes elsewhere, if that means out of the UK, so be it.

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Hi @Tackle

Why the 'careful now' ? 

Regards 

Short version, your reply came across as pretty condescending, even if that probably wasn't your intention.

IMHO

Hi @Tackle

Why the 'careful now' ? 

Regards 

Short version, your reply came across as pretty condescending, even if that probably wasn't your intention.

IMHO

Hi @Tackle

Why the 'careful now' ? 

Regards 

IMHO

Wtf happened there🤣

57 minutes ago, Tackle said:

IMHO

IMHO

IMHO

Wtf happened there🤣

I'm being admonished in triplicate! Lol

11 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Unfortunately NOT everyone is so blessedly lucky like you and has a shop on their doorstep , there are no shops in South Wales at all , the nearest shop to me is over a 3hrs drive and when I did go there it turned out to be a piss poor one at that(and to really put the cherry on top the thing I went for and had been told was in stock wasn’t) .I do buy most of my guns in the U.K. I’m not that naive ! but if it’s not in stock anywhere over here am I expected to go without what I want because no one in the U.K. has it ? Yea right !

We’re not just talking about a ‘couple of coins’ ! we’re talking substantial differences in price , I’m sorry but if I can get a box of a particular type of mag from HK for £42 posted and the same one in the U.K. is £67+P&P and that’s if it’s even in stock , well I’m sorry but you can stuff the poor little U.K. retailers I’m not spending £25+ extra to fly the flag .

And when one of the supposedly ‘top 3’ retailers in the country takes a substantial amount of money off you to upgrade a new gun before delivery and you later discover they used substandard parts and thats why your gun imploded 6mths later I call that poor customer service wouldn’t you ? Or another classic I’ve had happen i buy a gun and after I paid for this ‘in stock’ I received an email saying it’s actually on back order ? Yea that’s shit customer service as far as I’m concerned , products listed as in stock but you only discover its out of stock when you try to put the bloody thing in your basket ? that’s shite service . 
If you really must sit on your moral high horse and pass judgment on others then feel free too but please keep it to your self there’s a good chap .

Remember this is just your opinion , and as we all know an opinion is like an arsehole , everyone has one and there frequently full of shit ? Live long and prosper .😉 

OK so it seems my opinions came across as condescending. That was not my intention but never the less I apologise.

I have never put myself on that high a pedestal to think I'm superior to any one else but I still have an opinion and I will never change it.🙂

Regards 👍

Peace be upon you 😉

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Shamal said:

OK so it seems my opinions came across as condescending. That was not my intention but never the less I apologise.

I have never put myself on that high a pedestal to think I'm superior to any one else but I still have an opinion and I will never change it.🙂

Regards 👍

Peace be upon you 😉

Apology happily accepted , it did even after re-reading in the soggy light of day come across as a ‘wee bit’ sanctimonious hence the tirade back . Also as you’ve said I also stand by my opinion on the subject , I would love to support the whole of the U.K. airsoft retailers community BUT you can only be let down and pissed upon so many times before you do say “fuck it my moneys going elsewhere” .

• Supporters

Yup, that looks new.  I haven't taken the order any further though to see if they change their mind later.

At our risk is a peculiar contractual term, that will take some wrangling to sort out.

The thing is, I do trust TaiwanGun (and GunFire) to label things properly, and write a UKARA number on it prominently, as opposed to random sellers from the mysterious Orient.

• Supporters
45 minutes ago, Piman said:

No, that's always been there. You still can't select a shipping method.

James

I was too feart to carry on with the order to find out. :D 

What a complete shitshow, why can't they just have a banner headline?  It's not rocket surgery to determine when someone has an IP or meatspace UK address.  I mean, they even know that far ahead in the process!

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Piman said:

No, that's always been there. You still can't select a shipping method.

James

Was just about to say the same. In fact I'm pretty sure I said it earlier on here or one of the other "where am gnu?" threads.

So gunfire offer GLS as an alternative?

https://gunfire.com/en/about/shipping-costs-and-delivery-time-403.html

anyone yet to try this one out?

Picture1.png

Also an incognito shipping option..... with a fake prize slip as opposed to a normal invoice....

Edited by kasaran

Interesting, I hope TWG come up with a similar solution.

I ordered from Gunfire at the end of May, took 6 weeks door to door.  Was in the UK for 4 weeks and required a chase to UPS customs, but after that was fairly quick, paid fees at the door over the phone.

On 08/08/2021 at 12:12, Shamal said:

Regards 👍

Peace be upon you 😉

If you have an opinion and will never change it you are a fool; a wise person changes their opinions as new facts emerge, as John Maynard Keynes almost certainly did not say.

1 hour ago, colinjallen said:

If you have an opinion and will never change it you are a fool; a wise person changes their opinions as new facts emerge, as John Maynard Keynes almost certainly did not say.

OK. What new facts?

Edited by Shamal

2 hours ago, Shamal said:

OK. What new facts?

Oh dear!  That went right over your head, didn't it?

You stated that you will never change your opinion; I pointed out that was the position of a fool as only a fool will never be prepared to change their opinion.

Do you understand it now?

6 hours ago, kasaran said:

So gunfire offer GLS as an alternative?

https://gunfire.com/en/about/shipping-costs-and-delivery-time-403.html

Also an incognito shipping option..... with a fake prize slip as opposed to a normal invoice....

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/gls-group.net

versus

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ups.com/gb

GLS are only 50% bad versus 90% for UPS, so I suppose that's an improvement of sorts.  Similar complaints though.  Shame as Gunfire/TG are the only retailers I could find a reasonably priced M16A1 for a 'Nam game I had my eye on, but buying from them would be like admitting that I have some sort of masochistic prediliction and I'm not sure I can be bothered with the inevitable hassle.

8 hours ago, colinjallen said:

Oh dear!  That went right over your head, didn't it?

You stated that you will never change your opinion; I pointed out that was the position of a fool as only a fool will never be prepared to change their opinion.

Do you understand it now?

There are certain things I will re-evaluate my views on but not this. 👍

Regards 

• Supporters
15 hours ago, kasaran said:

Nope, I've got fatigue from getting my hopes up then reaching the end of the order process and seeing "LOL jk m8" again and again.

9 hours ago, RebelScum said:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/gls-group.net

versus

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ups.com/gb

GLS are only 50% bad versus 90% for UPS, so I suppose that's an improvement of sorts.  Similar complaints though.  Shame as Gunfire/TG are the only retailers I could find a reasonably priced M16A1 for a 'Nam game I had my eye on, but buying from them would be like admitting that I have some sort of masochistic prediliction and I'm not sure I can be bothered with the inevitable hassle.

True. But generally people only review when its bad.  You have to go out of your way to do so.  So the anger drives that.  I cant think any delivery firm is over 60%

JG scorpion for £50 on gunfire though.....

3 hours ago, Shamal said:

There are certain things I will re-evaluate my views on but not this. 👍

Regards 

Then you are still a fool.

12 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Are you open to receiving new data on that?

Of course.

2 hours ago, colinjallen said:

Then you are still a fool.

Yeah whatever you say boss lol 

As the late great W.C.Fields most certainly did say "Go away kid you bother me" 👋

3 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Yeah whatever you say boss lol 

As the late great W.C.Fields most certainly did say "Go away kid you bother me" 👋

Keep digging that hole ;)

Just now, colinjallen said:

Keep digging that hole ;)

Haha. How tall are you. I'll dig it deep enough to drop your sorry kid ass in lol

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.