Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Qualified good news, they could set up a trebuchet at Zeebrugge and it would still be a better bet than UPS.

I'm minded to still not risk it though until they're charging VAT and duty at source so that we can see and pay the whole cost up front, and not risk it languishing in Customs while the biggest mob in town decides what protection money they want paying.

With Wintervalmass coming up, this might become more of a consideration, rather than less.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

I asked one broker last week to quote me 60kg (non rifs) from HK and got back £1350.000 lol...

I understand it peaks about now thanks to Wintervalmass.  And as above , this is exactly when I wouldn't want to risk trying a new, unknown courier.  Although even if DHL just lose or scrap half the shipments out of hand... is that worse than UPS?

2 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

Hopefully they have negotiated a decent rate, however DHL are firmly in the won't ship replica camp

I wonder if that's specifically from the Orient, or if they're not wanting to touch EU to UK either.

Hopefully Taiwan Gun are being honest in the declarations. We've seen examples of Border Farce getting their handbags in a twist over mis-declared RIFs, which is something that we've got no control over.

• Supporters
On 17/11/2021 at 11:13, ak2m4 said:

DHL are firmly in the won't ship replica camp

Hmm, on the second time of trying, it appears that I've had a solid M4 stock not even make it out of China again.  From what I can make out from the AliExpress tracking, it's been rattling round inside China, was returned (twice, apparently) and has been sent out again.

I know some folk have had gear come through OK, but I'm having patchy luck.  No idea why, or what's triggering it (badum tsssh).

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Hmm, on the second time of trying, it appears that I've had a solid M4 stock not even make it out of China again.  From what I can make out from the AliExpress tracking, it's been rattling round inside China, was returned (twice, apparently) and has been sent out again.

I know some folk have had gear come through OK, but I'm having patchy luck.  No idea why, or what's triggering it (badum tsssh).

I just received a pistol from KYAirsoft but it took 23 days to get here. (They're in HK not China tho)

Edited by EDcase

16 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I just received a pistol from KYAirsoft but it took 23 days to get here. (They're in HK not China tho)

They're an interesting shop. I got a pistol from them and it came straight from the WE factory, slide in one shipment and frame in the other.

10 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

They're an interesting shop. I got a pistol from them and it came straight from the WE factory, slide in one shipment and frame in the other.

Yes, they are the main supplier of WE parts.

They do have the 'split order' option for airsoft toys to get past border control 😉

Blimey, can't even get some camo gear from Germany.  The seller returned my money and said that he had simply had too much stuff sitting on UK customs.  

Real shame as Russian surplus is cheaper by far over there.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, DaveJayEm said:

According to TG, they'll hopefully be restarting shipping (over £135) to UK this week . . .

Give the absolute state of Customs and Border Farce at the moment, if they're still not allowing us to pay VAT at source then I reckon I'll wait until after Wintervalmass, and to let braver souls make the attempt.

TBH I am tempted to do the same but I can't see things improving in the new year.   

Looking at the news, we may be treated to a new round of lock downs, staff shortages  and industrial action before too long.  

I did notice  (to the detriment of my wallet) that a CYMA I had wanted for months was back in at TG.   About three weeks later it was in stock at Patrol Base.   I  wimped out and orderedit from there.  

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

TBH I am tempted to do the same but I can't see things improving in the new year.   

The Xebusmass rush will be over, at least, although point taken that we might be back into another mass bout of Netflix binging self-isolated by then.

1 minute ago, RebelScum said:

Yup, I'm the Guinea Pig for this.  One of the RIFS I was after went out of stock so I'm just finalizing the order with their Customer Services this evening.  

Fingers crossed they start soon as I rather fancy one of the modern AK Arcturus make...

7 hours ago, RebelScum said:

Yup, I'm the Guinea Pig for this.  One of the RIFS I was after went out of stock so I'm just finalizing the order with their Customer Services this evening.  

you willing to take requests? 🙃

7 hours ago, RebelScum said:

Your our hero!!

Despite having to harass UPS for 3 months last time I ordered from TG, I also feel tempted to give it another go. Mainly because the last order wasn't for me so it doesn't feel like it directly pissed me off. Although, it did really piss me off 😂

• Supporters

Hmm, I can't see a way to change the currency now.  I was wondering whether their Euro prices are the Sterling price + Polish VAT, or whether there's some other calculation at play.

Looking at the headline price of (e.g.) £70.63 for a JG067, I reckon that's actually going to come out more like £105-£120 after shipping, VAT, duty, and whatever the courier adds on for the privilege of allowing you to pay the VAT and duty at the point of import.  Given that it would be £111 delivered from PatrolBase within the UK, you'd really need to know the whole cost (and time) up front.

I mean, if stocking wasn't an issue. But since it is, and you can't get it from PatrolBase, I honour the courage of those about to pay their money and spin the wheel.

• Supporters

Muted cheers.  Do you have a source for that, and any more details?  I can't see anything on Facebook or their site, and starting an order still says that shipping will resume in a few weeks.

Minimum order value, "other fees", delivery estimates?

Am I safe to assume they're still not registered for paying UK VAT at source, despite saying "* All prices including VAT without transport costs"?

you have to basket over £135 for it to say its ok, under that it still says no UK shipping. weird

so who is going to be the guinea pig? sadly, wrong side of the holidays for me

Edited by kasaran

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.