Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
23 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

That's the bit that really winds me up, that we get spit-roasted with the VAT (and duty) at the point of import, and for the fee to calculate and pay it.  If TG (and other retailers) charged the State mugging at the point of sale, then we could at least avoid UPS going in dry as well.

The VAT registration threshold for EU business is £85,000. Below that and they don't have to register, once they do though, they'll have to do accounts for HMRC (as well as their own government) along with all the additional cost that entails. For someone like TG I can't see that the volume of sales is worth it. Gunfire will still ship to the UK because they know there's customers there but still insist on a minimum order of £135 because that's where the responsibility shifts from them to the customer. TG stopped shipping over to the UK because of UPS and the hassle that their utter clusterfuck of a service has caused them.  GF just started using a different courier instead (GLS).

Interestingly on the same subject I wanted to buy one of the new E&L ‘Essentials’ AKM’s, only place in the UK with stock was Daves Custom Airsoft 

When I got the Gun and opened the box it’s been tested and fired at Gunfire.pl  so Daves must have imported themselves?

4 hours ago, Danno46 said:

Interestingly on the same subject I wanted to buy one of the new E&L ‘Essentials’ AKM’s, only place in the UK with stock was Daves Custom Airsoft 

When I got the Gun and opened the box it’s been tested and fired at Gunfire.pl  so Daves must have imported themselves?

those any good?  whats been skimped out on for them to keep the price down?

56 minutes ago, kasaran said:

I imagine they will be pretty solid as most E&L are.

2 hours ago, kasaran said:

I’ve no idea, not had any experience of E&L before, very heavy though and feels very solid, worked ok at Defiants event the other weekend

Though at the price Dave Custom Airsoft is asking he can f*ck off.  £340 for a budget E&L that retails for £190 elsewhere (WGC Shop)...There is only so far you can take the piss even if you are UK based.  I would rather order from WGC and chance Border Control and added fees than pay £340.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Though at the price Dave Custom Airsoft is asking he can f*ck off.  £340 for a budget E&L that retails for £190 elsewhere (WGC Shop)...There is only so far you can take the piss even if you are UK based.  I would rather order from WGC and chance Border Control and added fees than pay £340.

He’s asking £231 with P&P for my new Cyma XM177 , I paid £186 with P&P from bullseye country sports , asking £45 more ? Yea right jog pal ! 

I know ,I was searching for one then google popped up Daves as having stock, according to his site they only had 2 in stock priced at £260, and the paperwork and box was marked as coming from gunfire. 

But looking at his site now it very much mirrors Gunfire’s site even down to some of the ‘GFC’ branded items,……..🤔

• Supporters
57 minutes ago, Danno46 said:

But looking at his site now it very much mirrors Gunfire’s site even down to some of the ‘GFC’ branded items,……..🤔

Had noticed this my self as well , AND you’ve got Patrolbase in bed with TG so me thinks due to zero kit coming in to the country and from that zero getting to the market place and both TG and GF no longer exporting to the UK they saw it as a way to circumvent the clusterfuck that is import duties at the present time ? 

1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

Had noticed this my self as well , AND you’ve got Patrolbase in bed with TG so me thinks due to zero kit coming in to the country and from that zero getting to the market place and both TG and GF no longer exporting to the UK they saw it as a way to circumvent the clusterfuck that is import duties at the present time ? 

You might be right as a number of items are  marked as a 10~14 day lead time, Wouldn’t be surprised if TG and Gunfire have linked up with Daves and Patrolbase and once a week a van drives over from Poland, Rather than risk UPS, I work in logistics and that’s exactly what we do,it’s easier and safer to load one van to drive direct to the UK,then the driver picks up couple of loads enroute and touts around for something to take back to Poland.

I posted on this thread in may June 2021. Its Sept....No sign of TG order. TG also got a bit funny about refunding through Paypal and gave them a hard time i.e it wasnt easy getting a refund through Paypal. I have used the services of Patrolbase for one the same items on the original TG order. Their uplift is not bad to be fair once they have added something for themselves +VAT. My advice would be to not risk ordering anything RIF related from TG. Use Patrolbase and let them take the risk! 

• Supporters

Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad that you got your money back eventually.  I mean, I sympathise with TG, it's not their fault.  But it's even less your fault, it's the jobsworths at Border Farce and HMRC being awkward buggers for the sake of it. Trade happens despite governments, not because of them.

It's understandable why EU sellers have given up on individual orders now, and the ones that haven't will likely follow along soon enough once they've had a few chargebacks.

On 26/09/2021 at 09:34, Rogerborg said:

Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad that you got your money back eventually.  I mean, I sympathise with TG, it's not their fault.  But it's even less your fault, it's the jobsworths at Border Farce and HMRC being awkward buggers for the sake of it. Trade happens despite governments, not because of them.

It's understandable why EU sellers have given up on individual orders now, and the ones that haven't will likely follow along soon enough once they've had a few chargebacks.

It doesn't matter anyway as there are no HGV drivers to deliver our niche products so all good.....

• Supporters
2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

It doesn't matter anyway as there are no HGV drivers to deliver our niche products so all good.....

Because the DVLA stopped doing all commercial tests for 3 weeks to help flatten the curve, 79 weeks ago.  People have paid for training and are gagging to get started, but can't get their piece of paper.  Oh, and now the examiners are going on strike after being asked to do more tests per day to deal with the backlog.

Despite, not because of.

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Danno46 said:

I enquired about HGV training and the 2 companies I spoke to both are fully booked up until the New year for New Pupils

Good to hear, but actually giving them licences is in the clammy hands of the civil servants.

• Supporters

Not strictly on-topic either, but I've had another AliExpress order that looks like it's not even going to make it out of Chinaland.

First a stock, now an M4 pistol grip, I'm starting to think that they're blocking assault-toy related parts at source rather than letting HMRC / Border Force have all the fun.  I've had plenty of fans, motors, switches and such make it through without problems in the meantime.

Fwiw, I had a pair of scope rings that were ordered late June and sat in China until early September when they finally left and were delivered a few days after.  Could just be some sellers are crap.  I've found that to be unusual though.

Noticing increasingly long lead times on all manner of items, caused by global logistics issues which in turn were caused by almost two years of disruption whilst the world was stopped for a virus.

Shipping container prices have increased by multiple factors, constraining supply and increasing costs massively. Meanwhile idiot lockdown-obsessed governments all over the world are learning the hard way that you can't just turn business and logistics on-and-off like a tap. Things take time to ramp up up again after such sudden and unusual disruption.

UK-specific issues adding to the mix include Border Farce and the HMRC/Civil Serpent leeches, an aviation industry still recovering from paralysis whilst simultaneously being hammered by Boris' green bollocks, road transport issues caused by state incompetence and corporate greed (shit wages/Ts&Cs) and an entirely manufactured fuel supply "crisis" that has literally been invented from thin air.

These issues will continue for some time.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

These issues will continue for some time.

It almost feels like they're deliberate, doesn't it?  Still, mustn't theorise, or conspire.

Oh, good news, my pistol grip has now made it to the UK, so I can hopefully bin off the awful Specna grip soon.  I await my door being kicked in by a firearms unit firearms declaration demand.

Yep it's deliberate all right.

1) Certain elements of industry with unsustainable/unrealistic business models are unhappy that their support of endless cheap labour has been staved off. E.g. the haulage industry (driven by the likes of Hoyer). Therefore the present manufactured "crisis" has been weaponised in an attempt to force a change in policy.

2) Government fuck-ups in all areas of life due to genuine catastrophic bungling incompetence having a knock-on affect in... all areas of life.

3) China wants to rule the world.

4) The media craving to make news and policy rather than just report it.

• 1 month later...

Yep, they have this notice now:

Shipping to the UK should resume within several weeks. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please email us at [email protected] and we will let you know once it is back ON.

🤩

We still have to see how cost effective it is... 

Edited by EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.