Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Lozart said:

I think it's time for some people to wind their collective necks in...

Good plan, that always works on the intardnets. ;)

Let's try this one:

"OK, now that I've got the final word in, nobody else post in this thread."

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Haha. How tall are you. I'll dig it deep enough to drop your sorry kid ass in lol

Ooh, a keyboard warrior; keep going.

35 minutes ago, colinjallen said:

Ooh, a keyboard warrior; keep going.

😄  no not really...

Regards 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

Lunberg!!! I f**king love that movie, not seen it for years, need to go watch

I think you have my stapler.

19 hours ago, Shamal said:

😄  no not really...

Regards 

The evidence so far indicates that you are;).  Do you need a new spade yet?  That one must be worn down by now.

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, colinjallen said:

The evidence so far indicates that you are;).  Do you need a new spade yet?  That one must be worn down by now.

Nope, picking at the same scab isn't going to work, we're all online veterans here. Maybe try something about his mum?

• Supporters

Or alternatively, just pack it in, a bit of banter is ok, but clearly you'll both have to agree to disagree & leave it at that, definitely not worth falling out over😏 

Or have a meme war ?, & We'll judge the winner 🤣

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Maybe try something about his mum?

Yeah but which mum? I've got three. My dad was a terrible cheat! Lol

4 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Or have a meme war ?, & We'll judge the winner 🤣

Yeah good call. I'll just pack me gear up now.☹

I've only just found out how to work whattsapp.lol

Regards 

4 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Aww ffs just got me popcorn….

Yeh, just as things were getting spicy. 

Ah well, I'm sure there will be another argument about barrel length and accuracy at some point soon on here...🤣

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Yeah but which mum? I've got three. My dad was a terrible cheat! Lol

Wahhhhhhh ! 🤣 

Fifteen love , first service ! 

5 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Ah well, I'm sure there will be another argument about barrel length and accuracy at some point soon on here...🤣

as I always tell Mrs M, it’s not the size it’s what you do with it …….. 😂

I placed an order via taiwangun and it arrived a week later- the usual time from previous orders I've placed.

However, this was to Northern Ireland.  No disruption messages when selecting NI at checkout, so perhaps it takes a different route compared to the rest of the UK?

Maybe I got lucky? but just in case theres anyone from NI wondering about ordering.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, sjhirst said:

I placed an order via taiwangun and it arrived a week later- the usual time from previous orders I've placed.

However, this was to Northern Ireland.  No disruption messages when selecting NI at checkout, so perhaps it takes a different route compared to the rest of the UK?

Maybe I got lucky? but just in case theres anyone from NI wondering about ordering.

I'm half convinced that Norn Ireland has already been assimilated by the Euroborg Collective, add there are only token protests to the contrary being made.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I'm half convinced that Norn Ireland has already been assimilated by the Euroborg Collective, add there are only token protests to the contrary being made.

You mean the Occupied Six counties surely? :P

Anyone know what the customs HS code would for things like a plate carrier?

I am paying UK tax on checkout but I think I would need to pay duty on top as it from Poland.

Price is about £200 for PC and bits.

Thanks for any help.

• Supporters

Alan Partridge Shrug on Make a GIF

I guess it'll depend on what they've listed it (well, the various "bits") as.  It's generally in the 2%-4% range, plus the £15-20 mugging from the courier when they charge you for the privilege of paying the duty to HMRC on your behalf - that's the bit that really winds me up.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Anyone know what the customs HS code would for things like a plate carrier?

I am paying UK tax on checkout but I think I would need to pay duty on top as it from Poland.

Price is about £200 for PC and bits.

Thanks for any help.

Are you sure you've paid UK tax at checkout? If so then it may be shipped as UK Duty Paid in which case you wouldn't be liable for more duty at import. If you've paid in GBP but actually only paid the local taxes then yes you would probably be due for import duty. If the plate carrier in question is a legit one then it may be classified as textile products for industrial use or possibly PPE. Both of which have different HS codes. If it's a knock off then it could be leisurewear or something similar. Totally depends on what the seller puts on the CN22 declaration though.

Thanks you.

It's this one I was looking at https://eu.directactiongear.com/en/bearcat-ultralight-plate-carrier.html#PWW

I also emailed about the tax the other day.

Screenshot_1.png.b7794cbbbe753984ab20c604cafa25b0.png

With all the bits I need the amount is this.

Screenshot_2.png.638963518a6f5357f0b9ce170176439a.png

Edited by GothicGhost

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

Thanks you.

It's this one I was looking at https://eu.directactiongear.com/en/bearcat-ultralight-plate-carrier.html#PWW

I also emailed about the tax the other day.

Screenshot_1.png.b7794cbbbe753984ab20c604cafa25b0.png

With all the bits I need the amount is this.

Screenshot_2.png.638963518a6f5357f0b9ce170176439a.png

OK, so you could ask them what they've put on the CN22 declaration. That would let you calculate what duty you'll be due but work on 5% (that's 5% of the total of the goods plus shipping) plus whatever UPS slap on top as a "handling" fee. Assuming they don't just lose it somewhere for three months.

• Supporters

OK, so having a bit of a google it seems it should be something along these lines: https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/headings/6210#notes which would be 12% duty, but digging into it a bit further "bullet proof vest" comes back as 6210400000 which is 0% as an import from the EU https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/commodities/6210400000#import

Again, it ENTIRELY depends on what they put on the CN22.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.