Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

15 minutes ago, GoopGoop said:

Sup guys hope everyone's well!

Sadly, my CYMA Platinum 0.97B from TG broke 3 hours after use. It makes the jingle when the battery plugs in but doesn't fire anymore.

TG think its the optical trigger sensor, and they're probably right. Not only that, but it dropped from 350 to 300fps within a few hours too, so guess there's an airleak already.

However, they are flat out declining to fullfill our warranty agreement. They said they are no longer shipping to the UK because of 'brexit' despite accepting my order and many other's in May.

For that reason they are not willing to give me a return label to send it back to them for repair.

I know it's likely a simple fix, but its my first RIF and I dont want to open it myself and void the warranty, incase there's more issues down the road.. I mean, it completely broke after 3 hours.

Pretty shocked at TG's customer service, they have been horrendously unhelpfull and are doing anything they can to shut me out. I'd prefer not to go down the paypal dispute route as I loved the gun while it lasted, and its £100 cheaper than buying in the UK, (and I paid a load in import fee's to get it here).

Anyways, just thought I'd share this in case anyone has any suggestions for what I should do. It's my first and only replica so I've been missing out on game days, sat here with a bunch of brand new unusable gear.

I'll see how things go from here on out, but if they continue to be unhelpful I'll probably post a brand new thread on here warning people of the risks involved with TG.

Peace out

First RIF as well.. I’d take the PayPal route mate if you’re really against that then only option is to send it to a tech (more money). Sorry to hear about TG being dicks, luckily I’ve never had a problem with them but from the sound of things a lucky escape. 

Sorry to hear GoopGoop.

Yeah Brexshit really messed things up because before that they were really good when I had a faulty rif and sent it back no problem.

Since it doesn't work you may as well open it up and it may be a simple fix.

If you can't fix it you should be able to find a tech who will.

Some of the £100 saving could go to repair and it may still end up a bit cheaper than buying from UK anyway.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
2 hours ago, GoopGoop said:

I'd prefer not to go down the paypal dispute route

Sorry to hear this, and I do have some sympathy with TG, but you're the customer, you've paid them for a service, and you've got a broken item. I'd fire in without a moment's hesitation.

Ignore whatever you've been saying directly to TG.  Open a fresh PayPal dispute and just say that the item is completely non functional.  Nothing else, no background, no "I used it for a bit and then it broke."

If TG want to dump the history of your conversation in there, that's up to them, but you just stick to "Non functional, refund please."

If PayPal don't resolve that in your favour, then you go on and do exactly the same thing with your credit or debit card issuer, and tell them to issue a chargeback against PayPal.  Same process, just "non functional, seller refuses to fix."

Best of luck, and hopefully it will be a simple fix.  Worst case, you should be able to bin off the magic parts and just rewire it for a standard trigger, but then you're losing out on what you paid for.

4 hours ago, GoopGoop said:

Sadly, my CYMA Platinum 0.97B from TG broke 3 hours after use. It makes the jingle when the battery plugs in but doesn't fire anymore.

TG think its the optical trigger sensor, and they're probably right. Not only that, but it dropped from 350 to 300fps within a few hours too, so guess there's an airleak already.

However, they are flat out declining to fullfill our warranty agreement. They said they are no longer shipping to the UK because of 'brexit' despite accepting my order and many other's in May.

For that reason they are not willing to give me a return label to send it back to them for repair.

I know it's likely a simple fix, but its my first RIF and I dont want to open it myself and void the warranty, incase there's more issues down the road.. I mean, it completely broke after 3 hours.

Pretty shocked at TG's customer service, they have been horrendously unhelpfull and are doing anything they can to shut me out. I'd prefer not to go down the paypal dispute route as I loved the gun while it lasted, and its £100 cheaper than buying in the UK, (and I paid a load in import fee's to get it here).

Anyways, just thought I'd share this in case anyone has any suggestions for what I should do. It's my first and only replica so I've been missing out on game days, sat here with a bunch of brand new unusable gear.

I'll see how things go from here on out, but if they continue to be unhelpful I'll probably post a brand new thread on here warning people of the risks involved with TG.

Peace out

Does the .097b platinum have an optical trigger sensor?  I thought it had a mosfet and a microswitch trigger.  If so, it is probably the now standard problem with the micro switch breaking.

Edited by colinjallen

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

Really puts you off ordering outside of the UK with companies like TG customer service 😑

They have historically been pretty good, this just does seem to be about the almost guaranteed impossibility of it making it across the Channel twice more.

It's a pickle, and always a hazard when buying fragile toys from abroad, but at the end of the day, they're a commercial retailer and the responsibility to eat the cost lies with them, not the customer.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Danno46 said:

Have been looking on TG and got a shopping basket I want to pull the trigger on, but has anyone ordered anything from them in the past couple of weeks?

I fear you're going to find that when you get to the delivery stage that they say "lol jk m8" and refuse to send it. You think they'd be up front about, especially if you've selected £GBP and already have a UK address registered with them, but they seem to like leaving it right to the end of the order.

Could be wrong, they may have changed their mind again, but there's only one way to find out.  Personally I wouldn't risk it now anyway, there seem to be far too many jobsworths involved at the moment.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Could be wrong, they may have changed their mind again, 

They haven't. I tried a couple of days ago because they have Classic Army MP5s in stock with an SEF lower. Am sad now.

Customs is a lottery right now. You wouldn't believe how long it's taking to get an inflatable paddle board through, we're at a month right now and it looks like I might finally get it in a fortnight - which is pretty nuts for a glorified lilo.

Can't blame anyone in Europe for not wanting to ship to the UK, I wouldn't if I were them - just ain't worth the hassle.

In theory it'll settle down in a few months, backlogs will be cleared and everyone will get a bit more familiar with the rules. Don't hold your breath though.

• Supporters

So after 34 pages of basically everyone reporting having had either an identical or pretty close experience to everyone else would it be fair to say general consensus is even if you could you'd have to be a f🤬king loon of a monumental proportion to even think about buying anything from TG OR gunfire for the foreseeable future then ? 

5 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

So after 34 pages of basically everyone reporting having had either an identical or pretty close experience to everyone else would it be fair to say general consensus is even if you could you'd have to be a f🤬king loon of a monumental proportion to even think about buying anything from TG OR gunfire for the foreseeable future then ? 

Yes, problem is anything from Asia will get caught in the COVID/Brexit shit show as well and there is very little stock in the UK as it is.  Hence second hand market is on the up

• Supporters
1 minute ago, EvilMonkee said:

Yes, problem is anything from Asia will get caught in the COVID/Brexit shit show as well and there is very little stock in the UK as it is.  Hence second hand market is on the up

I’ve been buying near everything I’ve needed (or more like just wanted ?) from Aliexpress and touch wood haven’t had a single problem with any of my orders getting through to me .👍

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Bear in mind this is a hobby peopled by mugs who would rather pay a premium for fragile pot metal over robust plastic, beecuz reel steal. ;) 

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I’ve been buying near everything I’ve needed (or more like just wanted ?) from Aliexpress and touch wood haven’t had a single problem with any of my orders getting through to me .👍

Have you had anything assault-toy shaped in them?  I had an M4 stock rejected for shipment out of Chinaland, although that may just have been happenstance.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Bear in mind this is a hobby peopled by mugs who would rather pay a premium for fragile pot metal over robust plastic, beecuz reel steal. ;) 

Have you had anything assault-toy shaped in them?  I had an M4 stock rejected for shipment out of Chinaland, although that may just have been happenstance.

Point 1 , why yes good sir you are SO spot on ! 🤦‍♂️
Point 2 , one full size M16 stock , a couple of red dot scopes , a PEQ box with working light and red laser , a 1911 paddle holster and a pair of rather pointy looking AK flash hiders , no problems with any of them .

On 29/07/2021 at 16:22, GoopGoop said:

Peace out

Suck it up! Buy UK! 

Would you buy a brand new car from Japan????

• Supporters

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

one full size M16 stock

Huh, I guess mine could have been happenstance then.

23 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Suck it up! Buy UK! 

Few stocks in stock, sadly.  30 out of the 50 stocks at PatrolBase, for example, aren't.

13 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

i had a replica M1 helmet from china stopped at the chinese boarder a while back.  seemed a little odd to me tbh.  was on ebay, seller was good about it, messaged me 2 days after ordering and gave full refunds

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Shamal said:

Suck it up! Buy UK! 

Would you buy a brand new car from Japan????

Many reasons players by from over seas and not the U.K. retailers , among them you have ,

severely over priced 

really shite customer service 

zero items in stock 

are just three I can think off of the top of my head ? 
if you can’t get the car you want from the U.K. but you can buy it and get it shipped over from Japan for a reasonable amount ? Yes I would (I have actually done it in the past with a motorbike) .

8 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Unfortunately NOT everyone is so blessedly lucky like you and has a shop on their doorstep , there are no shops in South Wales at all , the nearest shop to me is over a 3hrs drive and when I did go there it turned out to be a piss poor one at that(and to really put the cherry on top the thing I went for and had been told was in stock wasn’t) .I do buy most of my guns in the U.K. I’m not that naive ! but if it’s not in stock anywhere over here am I expected to go without what I want because no one in the U.K. has it ? Yea right !

We’re not just talking about a ‘couple of coins’ ! we’re talking substantial differences in price , I’m sorry but if I can get a box of a particular type of mag from HK for £42 posted and the same one in the U.K. is £67+P&P and that’s if it’s even in stock , well I’m sorry but you can stuff the poor little U.K. retailers I’m not spending £25+ extra to fly the flag .

And when one of the supposedly ‘top 3’ retailers in the country takes a substantial amount of money off you to upgrade a new gun before delivery and you later discover they used substandard parts and thats why your gun imploded 6mths later I call that poor customer service wouldn’t you ? Or another classic I’ve had happen i buy a gun and after I paid for this ‘in stock’ I received an email saying it’s actually on back order ? Yea that’s shit customer service as far as I’m concerned , products listed as in stock but you only discover its out of stock when you try to put the bloody thing in your basket ? that’s shite service . 
If you really must sit on your moral high horse and pass judgment on others then feel free too but please keep it to your self there’s a good chap .

Remember this is just your opinion , and as we all know an opinion is like an arsehole , everyone has one and there frequently full of shit ? Live long and prosper .😉 

Wow! Now there's an angry young man. ☹ 

Regards 

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Wow! Now there's an angry young man. ☹ 

Regards 

No not angry just fed up of sanctimonious people passing judgment on me . 

just my two pence on this debate.  Also, free trade and open markets are great for finding deals... think of it as a more fun and rewarding insurance comparison site.  You wouldnt stay with a 'local' insurance company who jacks up your cover by a £100 each year for no reason when there is another offering the same for much cheaper...  you just have to put up with the inevitable asian call centre if things go sideways

15cEwVQ.jpg

Hi @Tackle

Why the 'careful now' ? 

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.