Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I made my first Taiwangun order since Brexit and it's not exactly been smooth sailing.

ordered 14/05

picked up 14/05 from shop

arrived in Germany 19/05 @ 8:58

arrived UK  19/05 @ 21:27

then I seen on the UPS tracking site due for delivery the 21st.

on the 24th after it hadn't arrived I phoned UPS and got put through to customs team and a promise to call me back within 24 hours.

25 hours later called them back as they hadn't called. Told someone would contact me in 1 hour. After about 3  hours got a call and then an email with the declaration so filled that in and after another day got the import duties bill.

Told that it was now with UK BF and could take 10 days to clear.

told yesterday that it was now cleared.

Now just waiting for UPS to provide me a new arrivals date as the tracking website still says the 21/05

2 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

So I made my first Taiwangun order since Brexit and it's not exactly been smooth sailing.

ordered 14/05

picked up 14/05 from shop

arrived in Germany 19/05 @ 8:58

arrived UK  19/05 @ 21:27

then I seen on the UPS tracking site due for delivery the 21st.

on the 24th after it hadn't arrived I phoned UPS and got put through to customs team and a promise to call me back within 24 hours.

25 hours later called them back as they hadn't called. Told someone would contact me in 1 hour. After about 3  hours got a call and then an email with the declaration so filled that in and after another day got the import duties bill.

Told that it was now with UK BF and could take 10 days to clear.

told yesterday that it was now cleared.

Now just waiting for UPS to provide me a new arrivals date as the tracking website still says the 21/05

You might have it next week then :D.

Today ,I got this response from TaiwanGun when I asked if they still use UPS as a carrier.........

Witam / Hello / Bonjour / Buenos dias

Temporarily closure of deliveries to Great Britain

Due to the huge problems our shipments have encountered since Brexit, we have decided to temporarily suspend the possibility of orders for customers from Great Britain.

We cannot allow a situation in which most of our parcels do not reach their addressees. We respect our British customers just like everyone else, but until the delivery problems are resolved, it will not be possible to order products for delivery to the UK.

We are constantly working on solving the problem, when anything changes, we will inform about it on our social media channels.

You can find our products at our distributor

Well my p90 has finially arrived! After missing it on Friday due ot getting the jab, I was able to pick it up from a local drop point.

UPS had me worried throughout the weekend as the last update from them was that it had been delievered to "other", and their advice was to check  around the front of the house, gates, nooks...etc  and with neighbours for it. Was unable to find it anywhere there and only got to check it yesterday evening to see where it went.

TG did a bangup job though with fixing the issue with the RIF, so besides having to recharge the battery, all is kushty!

Here's hoping TG do get their delieveries to the UK sorted as I will be using them again eventually.

• Supporters
On 31/05/2021 at 10:55, george1976 said:

we have decided to temporarily suspend the possibility of orders for customers from Great Britain

Well, bugger, but I'm not at all surprised given the ongoing issues with Border Farce and Useless Parcel Stealers.  You think that would be the sort of thing that they might flag up on their site though, I can't see anything about it, and they haven't emailed customers with UK addresses.

With the amount that folk are being stung for VAT, duty, and couriers billing recipients for handling that, I did the sums and just ordered from PatrolBase.

Oh my good god.....it actually arrived. I have no words. Only took 4 months.

To those losing faith in the system, I hope this helps you feel a bit better. Your delivery is coming. 

PXL_20210609_112411598.jpg

3 minutes ago, Laserhawk said:

Oh my good god.....it actually arrived. I have no words. Only took 4 months.

To those losing faith in the system, I hope this helps you feel a bit better. Your delivery is coming. 

Congrats! There is light at the end of the tunnel after all.

I just hope things sort themselves out in the coming months to make ordering from TG a worthwhile proposition again in the future, if they ever decide to ship to the UK again that is.

Gunfire promised me a refund nearly 2 weeks ago. After querying it on Monday they said they are trying to get the money or products back from UPS. I just submitted a claim for a refund via Paypal. The dispute between Gunfire and and UPS is nothing to do with me. 

4 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

After querying it on Monday they said they are trying to get the money or products back from UPS.

That's a dick move by them. Their courier is not your problem. I hope PayPal handles this favorably for you.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Gunfire promised me a refund nearly 2 weeks ago. After querying it on Monday they said they are trying to get the money or products back from UPS. I just submitted a claim for a refund via Paypal. The dispute between Gunfire and and UPS is nothing to do with me. 

Is the correct answer.  I hope that you just went with "Goods not received" and didn't go into the (irrelevant) backstory.

It's hard on EU sellers, and I don't blame them for the problems being inflicted by bureaucratic parasites having a dick swinging contest.

However, they're businesses, they know the score with contractual obligations.

4 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Is the correct answer.  I hope that you just went with "Goods not received" and didn't go into the (irrelevant) backstory.

It's hard on EU sellers, and I don't blame them for the problems being inflicted by bureaucratic parasites having a dick swinging contest.

However, they're businesses, they know the score with contractual obligations.

I gave the salient points to PP. If they check the tracking they will see that Gunfire changed the destination address, but UPS decided that the package was both abandoned by myself and Gunfire and would be sent for destruction. I can see why Gunfire would wait on it. Once destroyed no one can make a claim at that point. 

I feel very sorry for Gunfire, but I think they didn't fill in the paperwork correctly initially which is why we are where we are. 

As soon as its won in my favour I need order the PPS shells from HK. That is two attempts from two different sellers to purchase PPS Shells now!  Tiger111HK will sort me out. 

Edited by Asomodai

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Hey all, looks like TG aren’t delivering again?

Yeah, looks like it. Either until they find a better delivery company or UPS pull their heads out their arses.

Unrelated to TG, but very much related to UPS. I ordered some bits not RIF related from Italy, turns out UPS are the courier. Dispatched on the 1st of June, arrived at Stanford-No-Hope on the 4th and outside of the sporadic import scans nothing has happened. So it would appear that the main issue, of which there have been many suggestions/hypothesis is entirely unrelated to the fact the parcels contain RIFs.

Apologies if this only serves to make folks feel worse, but it's seemingly nothing to do with the fact it's airsoft stuff. UPS are just continuing to be worse than usual in general... and the bar was already pretty low.

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

according to ups a plastic hop unit is a firearm and needs treated as such.

Mine is clothing, so I imagine even UPS would struggle to justify me having to fill out firearms paperwork for it... and the alleged delay said paperwork can cause 😅.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Mine is clothing, so I imagine even UPS would struggle to justify me having to fill out firearms paperwork for it... and the alleged delay said paperwork can cause 😅.

i wouldn't put it past them at this point.

Wasn't planning on posting about this before, but well, UP{S deserve this.  I actually had 2 calls from UPS Brokerage East Midlands Airport after my parcel was delivered. They were very adamant that I needed to check an email that they had sent me, fill it in, scan and email it all back to them.

Trawled through my emails and turns out they were customs clearance forms that were needed to release my parcel from customs so that it could be delivered to me. Only thing is (I'm sure you can see where this is going), it had already been released, delievered and retrieved by me.

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Rigal said:

Only thing is (I'm sure you can see where this is going), it had already been released, delievered and retrieved by me.

I hope you complied with their demands, otherwise they might send a Tactical Reclamation Squad to smash in your back door at 3am, retrieve their goods from your possession, and ship them back to the sender. 😆

I wonder if it might be more beneficial, when travel opens up to fly out to Poland on a cheap deal, Get your TG order delivered to your hotel then visit the local Polish Post office and post it all back yourself ! Or depending what it is stick it in your suitcase !!!

On 28/05/2021 at 09:18, Rigal said:

You might have it next week then :D.

got a email from Border Force on Monday and fired off my defense to the VCRA right away. Still nothing as of today on the UPS website so the wheels of BF are moving slowly it seems.

On 18/06/2021 at 21:30, Rigal said:

Wasn't planning on posting about this before, but well, UP{S deserve this.  I actually had 2 calls from UPS Brokerage East Midlands Airport after my parcel was delivered. They were very adamant that I needed to check an email that they had sent me, fill it in, scan and email it all back to them.

Trawled through my emails and turns out they were customs clearance forms that were needed to release my parcel from customs so that it could be delivered to me. Only thing is (I'm sure you can see where this is going), it had already been released, delievered and retrieved by me.

What did they have to say about that?

• 2 weeks later...

so.. a little update.

the email I sent was sent to the wrong address..completely my fault as I can't obviously read a name on a piece of paper and type the same thing into a computer.

After sending another follow up email to the wrong address I thought it was strange that I didn't get some sort of acknowledgement so I made a few phonecalls (HMRC and then BF) and eventually found the guy who sent me the letter and he told me about my stupidity of sending an email to the wrong address.

he turned out to be a top bloke and we had a bit of a chat and it seems like everyman and his dog is trying to order RIF's without some sort of defense (he quoted over 150 seized currently).

After I gave him my site membership number and then got the site to email him confirmation he has released my parcel back to UPS so I should get some sort of update on the UPS website in the next 24/48 hours.

Fingers crossed UPS don't balls it up from here on in.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.