Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

17 minutes ago, Rigal said:

Noice :D It should be a straight shot from there to yours now.

Re the import fees and taxes, that's usallly paid to the delivery driver. So make sure to have your card at hand.

🤞🏼 Tried to contact UPS’s billing department but gave up after waiting nearly 2h. I’d like to see the invoice broken down as there’s the RIF but then a bunch of accessories and clothing etc. Any bet they’ve over charged me.

Is it just UPS that take fee payment at the door?  I've lost track of all the customs charges I've paid but I've never paid a delivery driver.

I know they used to. For mine there was a pay online option on the email telling me of the charges

43 minutes ago, GoopGoop said:

🤞🏼 Tried to contact UPS’s billing department but gave up after waiting nearly 2h. I’d like to see the invoice broken down as there’s the RIF but then a bunch of accessories and clothing etc. Any bet they’ve over charged me.

Update: found the invoice in my account. (Order value was £283)

Government Charges: £66.44
Brokerage Charges: £21.80
Freight Charges: £0.00
VAT: £0.00

Total: £88.24

So thats just over 30% of the order value. Is it normal to have a £0 VAT charge? And a government charge at £66? Also, £21 in brokerage fees..? They sent me the firearm form, I filled it, sent it back, and they released the package to customs, all in the span of 1 day.

Not sure if I've been ripped off here or If I've gotten lucky by not having been charged VAT? Curious why the government fees are so high, unless it has something to do with border force having to take a look at it. Surely that wouldn't cost the customer anything though, it's not like there was anything ilicit in my package..

Just now, GoopGoop said:

Update: found the invoice in my account. (Order value was £283)

Government Charges: £66.44
Brokerage Charges: £21.80
Freight Charges: £0.00
VAT: £0.00

Total: £88.24

So thats just over 30% of the order value. Is it normal to have a £0 VAT charge? And a government charge at £66? Also, £21 in brokerage fees..? They sent me the firearm form, I filled it, sent it back, and they released the package to customs, all in the span of 1 day.

Not sure if I've been ripped off here or If I've gotten lucky by not having been charged VAT? Curious why the government fees are so high, unless it has something to do with border force having to take a look at it. Surely that wouldn't cost the customer anything though, it's not like there was anything ilicit in my package..

Good luck in getting UPS to explain their charges.  Trustpilot is full of reviews from UK businesses who have needed breakdowns of invoices for HMRC and tax purposes, and UPS will not help them, even though they have business accounts.  Taking out the brokerage charge (which UPS are free to set at whatever they like), you paid about 23% in taxes, which is about right.

What I wouldn't do is recommend not paying the fees whilst waiting for an invoice, as you'll likely never get the parcel... 

12 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

Good luck in getting UPS to explain their charges.  Trustpilot is full of reviews from UK businesses who have needed breakdowns of invoices for HMRC and tax purposes, and UPS will not help them, even though they have business accounts.  Taking out the brokerage charge (which UPS are free to set at whatever they like), you paid about 23% in taxes, which is about right.

What I wouldn't do is recommend not paying the fees whilst waiting for an invoice, as you'll likely never get the parcel... 

Thanks for your insight! Yeah I'm not going to decline their charges as they seem fairly reasonable and I dont exactly want to jeoprodise recieving my order in the coming days.

Also, does anyone know if UPS deliver these international packages in the UK on Saturdays?

Edited by GoopGoop

3 minutes ago, GoopGoop said:

Also, does anyone know if UPS deliver these international packages in the UK on Saturdays?

As a rule no, but being UPS they are incredibly unpredictable, and last year they dumped a TG parcel on my doorstep that was due to arrive on a Friday, on Saturday morning.

Update: I paid the fees yesterday online, before paying the fees I had a scheduled delivery date of this monday, then shortly after payment the tracking updated to reflect the payment, only the scheduled delivery date vanished and instead I was left with 'Please check again later for scheduled delivery' and it has remained that way since.. lol, classic UPS. 

Regardless, the package left SLH at midnight on route to the Barking depot, which is only a 30 minutes drive away, yet its been 13 hours and the package hasn't yet arrived at UPS Barking, or so it states..

Screenshot 2021-05-15 at 13.20.27.png

Edited by GoopGoop

Small update from my side.

Received a full refund from TG last night which is pretty quick. Normally when you.oay someone the money leaves your account instantly but takes 2 working years to be refunded back!

Just trying to chase UPS for my duty and fee refund. Apparently TG have to list my fees as part of their claim. Which seems daft because TG will have no idea how much I paid UPS but UPS do.

I'll have to do some bank statement cropping and emails tonight while I'm at work.

24 minutes ago, leadly said:

Small update from my side.

Received a full refund from TG last night which is pretty quick. Normally when you.oay someone the money leaves your account instantly but takes 2 working years to be refunded back!

Just trying to chase UPS for my duty and fee refund. Apparently TG have to list my fees as part of their claim. Which seems daft because TG will have no idea how much I paid UPS but UPS do.

I'll have to do some bank statement cropping and emails tonight while I'm at work.

Glad you got the refund quickly! Did you happen to pay via PayPal? If so, the refund process can be instant.

I paid with my debit card as PayPal pulled a wobbly at the time of placing the order. Suprised to get it back so quickly if I'm totally honest!

Hi lads hope we all had a nice weekend!

So, my package arrived! No border force tape, despite them taking possessition of the package for a day. TG dont pay extra for weekend delivery, otherwise I'd have got my package on Saturday rather than today.

With that in mind, my order from the time of being handed over to UPS to it's delivery took 9 days. That's even including border force taking it into their possession. 

Safe to say that things are back on track for orders going forward. Of course It's worth noting I got lucky with UPS not losing my package multiple times.

4/5/21 - Order placed
6/5/21 - Order shipped

11/5/21 - Stanford Le Hope

13/5/21 - Firearm Decliration

13/5/21 - Border Force Took

14/5/21 - Border Force Released / Paid fees £81 (for a £283 valued order)

15/5/21 - Departed SLH (1am)
15/5/21 - Arrived at local depot (2am) (Would have been delivered to me that morning, if not for weekend)
17/5/21 - Delivered late morning

unnamed.jpg

Does anybody have an email address for ups? virtual assistant is useless - no answer on phone. ups phoned me yesterday -message left was something about import charge but now i cannot get hold of them . Temp[ted to just say fuck it and claim back on paypal.

2 hours ago, #blackadder said:

Does anybody have an email address for ups? virtual assistant is useless - no answer on phone. ups phoned me yesterday -message left was something about import charge but now i cannot get hold of them . Temp[ted to just say fuck it and claim back on paypal.

Sent you a DM

Day 78: Parcel has been missing for 25 days since being released by Government agency. Have emailed UPS and Gunfire twice. No response from either. 

Edited by Asomodai

UPS have just updated the tracking to say that my parcel is now being returned to TG after 4 months of waiting! You literally cannot write this shit! 🤦🤦🤦Screenshot_20210518-145521.thumb.png.8c75e40b79c5ac9e319e334a4e7b62a1.png

7 minutes ago, Laserhawk said:

UPS have just updated the tracking to say that my parcel is now being returned to TG after 4 months of waiting! You literally cannot write this shit! 🤦🤦🤦Screenshot_20210518-145521.thumb.png.8c75e40b79c5ac9e319e334a4e7b62a1.png

No fucking way.. get on the phone to them asap and stop that from happening if at all possible!

Calling the UK brokerage number took me 2 hours to get through last time, however, I called the main UPS customer support number on their site a few days ago and I got through to someone in literally 2 minutes.

Either way, if it does end up being sent back to TG, they will reship it out and it should take ~10 days to get to you, so in a way, you may end up getting the package sooner by it being returned and then sent out as fresh.

3 minutes ago, GoopGoop said:

No fucking way.. get on the phone to them asap and stop that from happening if at all possible!

Calling the UK brokerage number took me 2 hours to get through last time, however, I called the main UPS customer support number on their site a few days ago and I got through to someone in literally 2 minutes.

Either way, if it does end up being sent back to TG, they will reship it out and it should take ~10 days to get to you, so in a way, you may end up getting the package sooner by it being returned and then sent out as fresh.

Very true mate, but no doubt I'll be charged import fees and VAT again!!!

Just spoken to UPS customer service, who were actually quite helpful (hard to believe, I know). The return to sender has been requested to be cancelled and the package delivered back to me. Whether or not that happens, is another story....

What the hell is going on here? I haven't received any notification of anything to refuse the order. 

Screenshot_20210518-215927.png

41 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

What the hell is going on here? I haven't received any notification of anything to refuse the order. 

Screenshot_20210518-215927.png

I wish I could say I was surprised 😩UPS have gone from delaying delivery to actually returning items without consent, or making shit up about refusals. Didn't think they could sink any lower to be honest.

Well this is not the development I was hoping for. I was (evidently naively) hoping that we may see some resumption of stable delivery service from those involved with shipping from Taiwan Gun (is Gunfire in the same boat?) by now but evidently this isn't the case.

Unfortunately I can see this getting worse once the "transition" measures that are still in place are no longer in effect.

Hopefully you guys can get your orders sorted, it's beyond a joke that UPS' level of professionalism is akin to a newspaper delivery boy who decides to dump their papers due to it being wet and chilly.

Just rang UPS, answered almost immediately. Got passed to another person, they are unsure why I have the status message I have got on my tracking; as there clearly hasn't been a delivery attempt. 

The customer rep has left a message for the depot to contact me within the next hour with reasons. 

Edited by Asomodai

Well time for an update from my ongoing saga. I've spoken to TG twice now and they're not happy with what is going on either. They've checked all their side of things and sent the requested info to UPS.

So as of right now, it's showing as being on the way again for the 30th of April (yeah, almost 3 weeks late now). Though expecting it to be changed back to held by the end of the day.

Glad to hear that some of you guys are getting your parcels and things are being resolved!

• Supporters
5 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

it's beyond a joke that UPS' level of professionalism is akin to a newspaper delivery boy who decides to dump their papers due to it being wet and chilly.

i think that's being a little too generous to ups

it's more like the newspaper boy dumping the papers on a sunny day to go play with his mates.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.