Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

42 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Finally got a customs payment email. 62 quid on a 145 quid order... That's more like 43% of the value... Ridiculous. 

Lets hope I actually see the item in the next week. Coming up to 2 months next week. 

Is that £145 goods or goods + postage ?

The valuation for charges includes postage

20% import VAT on £145 is £29

So you’ve incurred £33 extra

There’s the potential of import duty as well depending on the goods classification, and you will definately have incurred the carrier handling fees

There is also the possibility that declared valuations aren’t accepted and the goods are revalued 

They should give you a breakdown on the charge

Dispatched: 2nd November 2020
Delivered: 22nd April 2021
Well done, UPS!

10B6C07C-F3B7-4FD4-8968-21C93A87229A.jpeg

I see a few of you have finally had deliveries, and a lot of experiences has been shared but I am aware this is a changing situation and its not just a case of what "should" happen but it is a case of what suppliers "actually" do. So, would a few of you that have finally had deliveries mind writing a brief summary of real world facts?

It would be good to know when you placed an order, when it was delivered, how much you paid TG and how much extra was paid to VAT, duty and UPS charges (or at least, a total of extras)?

Thanks in advance if any of you that have actually had deliveries can help?

On 15/04/2021 at 19:19, RebelScum said:

Double yay!

So who is left still waiting for a delivery?

Me.  Was sent on 11/2/21 - over two months now.  it seems my package has been a subject of investigation by customs, and UPS wont give a clear answer as to what the issue is.  TG are in talks with them but no one is telling me anything.  I don't know if the parcel is coming to me or going back to TG.  Its really frustrating not knowing what's going on especially after waiting so long and paying £250 for something I may never get!! 

Buy from the country you live in. Less problems and you are supporting local businesses.

What happens if these items are damaged when you get them or they break within a few months? Do you send them back? 

Just curious 🤔

Regards 

12 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Buy from the country you live in. Less problems and you are supporting local businesses.

What happens if these items are damaged when you get them or they break within a few months? Do you send them back? 

Just curious 🤔

Regards 

5x PPS shells cost 16 quid from Gunfire. 2x PPS shells cost £14 here. So 20 shells cost 64 quid from Poland or 140 quid in the UK. I understand things are more expensive here. But frankly we are price gouged in this country for many things. 

And considering many UK airsoft shops buy from the EU for stock. Why shouldn't I? 

Even before we left the EU, whenever I purchased abroad I was aware I would likely not send anything back. Everything gets upgraded anyway. 

Edited by Asomodai

14 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

5x PPS shells cost 16 quid from Gunfire. 2x PPS shells cost £14 here. So 20 shells cost 64 quid from Poland or 140 quid in the UK. I understand things are more expensive here. But frankly we are price gouged in this country for many things. 

And considering many UK airsoft shops buy from the EU for stock. Why shouldn't I? 

Even before we left the EU, whenever I purchased abroad I was aware I would likely not send anything back. Everything gets upgraded anyway. 

Yeah understand things are cheaper from Poland or wherever but look at the waiting times to get it and all the extra dosh you are having to pay.

I think probably airsoft shops are buying in bulk and getting real good deals plus it doesn't matter if they have to wait a while cause they probably still got stock left by which I mean they reorder when stocks are low.

But I'm probaly of a different mindset. I could never see myself buying something new and having no realistic course of action if it fails.

And I can't understand buying something of such poor quality that the first job when you eventually get it is to take it apart and do it properly. Lol

It like me buying a new winter coat from say Switzerland cause its cheap,getting it in the summer but having to reposition the buttons cause they don't line up with the button holes or having to sew the sleeves back on with black thread cause they used red.🤔

It'll be good though when I've spent some more on it.Gonna put some pockets in it next!😉

Regards 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Shamal said:

And I can't understand buying something of such poor quality that the first job when you eventually get it is to take it apart and do it properly. Lol

in fairness, depending on your personal standard of acceptable performance, all but the most premium brands (and i'm talkin systema not tm) might need tweaking out of the box.

it can be as much about stock availability as anything else, some stuff you just can't get over here, or if you can it's so overpriced you might as well buy from overseas.

in @Asomodai's example, even if he got stung with 50% of the value of 20 pps shells as charges he's still saving £44 buying abroad, if you ain't in a rush then it's worth it.

meanwhile, i'm curious to see if DHL will stick to their claim of delivering yesterdays GS order next tuesday, if they do that'll say a hell of a lot about UPS given moscow is a tad further away than krakow and definately not in the eu......

3 hours ago, Tommikka said:

Is that £145 goods or goods + postage ?

The valuation for charges includes postage

20% import VAT on £145 is £29

So you’ve incurred £33 extra

There’s the potential of import duty as well depending on the goods classification, and you will definately have incurred the carrier handling fees

There is also the possibility that declared valuations aren’t accepted and the goods are revalued 

They should give you a breakdown on the charge

So I made a huge mistake. It was the customs fee from an order I made at WGC a week ago. So still have no idea what's happening with the GF order!

• 2 weeks later...

I keep on pestering UPS on Facebook when things go quiet with my order. This seems to trigger daily import scans again but sod all else!

Sup guys, I was just about to purchase a CYMA Platinum CM.097 from TaiwanGun til i stumbled upon this thread.. Is everyone that has purchased RIF's from TG getting these monthly long waits + craziness with border control? Have things improved for those making orders at the moment? Ta

Edited by GoopGoop

19 minutes ago, GoopGoop said:

Sup guys, I was just about to purchase a CYMA Platinum CM.097 from TaiwanGun til i stumbled upon this thread.. Is everyone that has purchased RIF's from TG getting these monthly long waits + craziness with border control? Have things improved for those making orders at the moment? Ta

Buy British.

You will have a whole world of trouble for the sake of saving a few quid.

Just my opinion mind you 👍

Regards 

14 hours ago, Shamal said:

Buy British.

Regards 

Well in my case it's not savings of a few quid. The CYMA Platinum 97b at patrolbase is £100+ more expensive, isn't the 'upgraded version', and isn't even in stock.

15 hours ago, Shamal said:

Buy British.

Regards 

when it's not in stock and double the price if it was? nah

19 hours ago, Shamal said:

Buy British.

Regards 

you might as well say:

'just masturbate.

You will have a whole world of trouble for the sake of having someone else do it for you.

Regards ~Shamal'

not everyone wants to spend over the odds when its cheaper elsewhere (go capitalism).  and UK shops dont stock everything in the world either.  hopefully all this import crap is a covid/brexit blip, as before brexit it was reliably within a week (about half the time it took DefconAirsoft to get me the M14 i ordered not long ago).

Will say though, i wouldnt recommend importing anything at the moment. as if you do, expect to be the guinea pig for the rest of us in regards to customs and delivery times

Edited by kasaran

24 minutes ago, kasaran said:

you might as well say:

'just masturbate.

You will have a whole world of trouble for the sake of having someone else do it for you.

Regards ~Shamal'

not everyone wants to spend over the odds when its cheaper elsewhere (go capitalism).  and UK shops dont stock everything in the world either.  hopefully all this import crap is a covid/brexit blip, as before brexit it was reliably within a week (about half the time it took DefconAirsoft to get me the M14 i ordered not long ago).

Will say though, i wouldnt recommend importing anything at the moment. as if you do, expect to be the guinea pig for the rest of us in regards to customs and delivery times

Haha. I do masturbate cause I know what the quality is and I know when its gonna come and if it fucks up I only got myself to blame. Bet you can't say the same lol. 

Regards 😉

• Supporters

Looks like I'm going to be the latest guineea pig then. Just placed an order (to the UK) for a CYMA Platinum + a bunch of equipment and accessories.

I called them beforehand and asked if there was any chance of using a courier other than UPS, they said no. Accordng to them, there is no other courier that sends RIF's to the UK.

I brought up all the people who have waited for months and they said this issue was present up till ealy last month and its now stabalised at 14-21 days for delivery to the UK.

Not taking their word for it, but I placed the order anyway.

Wish me luck young padawans.

Edited by GoopGoop

Placed a taiwan gun order 2 and a bit weeks ago, showed up 2 weeks later with no extra fees or issues.

58 minutes ago, Mad-Al said:

Placed a taiwan gun order 2 and a bit weeks ago, showed up 2 weeks later with no extra fees or issues.

That's very promising to hear! Hopefully I have the same experience. Did you have a RIF as part of your order? 

1 hour ago, GoopGoop said:

That's very promising to hear! Hopefully I have the same experience. Did you have a RIF as part of your order? 

2 a shotgun and a sniper rifle

Edited by Mad-Al

Well mines been stuck in Stanford for nearly 2 months, has been lost, found and then lost again. Having to do another claim for to kick start them finding it again, not scanning it and losing it again. Piss take really.

2 hours ago, leadly said:

Well mines been stuck in Stanford for nearly 2 months, has been lost, found and then lost again. Having to do another claim for to kick start them finding it again, not scanning it and losing it again. Piss take really.

Man that sounds stressfull af. Sorry you're having to go through that mess, UPS are a sick joke. Hope you get your package asap man

So UPS strikes again. This time not from Taiwangun but an order from the US. I have already ordered other items from the US and had no issues with other couriers. For instance it took 3 days with FedEx and they clearly understood the import limits. Now I am struggling to deal with UPS as they want to apply charges to shipment that is below the £135 limit. The government website is very clear on this stating:

"You will not have to pay anything to the delivery company to receive goods worth less than £135"

But UPS are a law unto themselves. I even had the delivery driver turn up today with an invoice to pay but he has had to return the parcel as I was not willing to pay. I have still not heard anything back from UPS after having raised this issue with them via phone and email. For a logistics company they have no clue what they are doing.

I have an order in my Taiwangun basket but it will never be placed until they offer an alternative courier. Their excuse that there are no other couriers that will handle airsoft RIFs is BS. I suspect it is more a contractual/cost/to much effort issue.

James

Order placed: 4/5/21
Order shipped: 6/5/21

Order delivery estimate: 11/5/21

... 5 days? Well I find that hard to believe. Did anyone else's state a 5 day delivery before having actually left Poland?

Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 11.28.48.png

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.