Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, solitaire360 said:

Having gone through this entire thread, I've been wondering, what do we think caused all this? Is this always going to be the case now? Have some people somehow miraculously escaped this issue?

UPS is the short answer. UPS and a combination of general logistics things being all over the place courtesy of Brexit and COVID being the longer answer. Other couriers have demostrated far less issues, hence UPS footing the bulk of the blame.

Honestly, there isn't enough information to support how long this'll be the case. Being able to use a courier that isn't UPS would likely help, but TG have said multiple times that they aren't looking to change... or rather that they don't have the option to. Though I don't at all believe that UPS is the only courier they could get a contract with.

I'm sure there are folks that have had much less of an issue, but purely down to luck.

44 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Being able to use a courier that isn't UPS would likely help, but TG have said multiple times that they aren't looking to change... or rather that they don't have the option to. Though I don't at all believe that UPS is the only courier they could get a contract with.

Though not wishing to make any excuses for TG, perhaps there exists some kind of exclusivity agreement, whereby they get a discount if utilising UPS' services for everywhere they post to? Or maybe UPS is the only company in their area? No idea...

1 minute ago, solitaire360 said:

Though not wishing to make any excuses for TG, perhaps there exists some kind of exclusivity agreement, whereby they get a discount if utilising UPS' services for everywhere they post to? Or maybe UPS is the only company in their area? No idea...

Ohh sure, I'll assume it's absolutely down to a contract they've signed to get the cheapest price but I refuse to believe UPS are their only option... which is what TG are currently claiming. There is a difference between 'we won't change because it works out the cheapest/best for us' versus 'we can't change because there is no other option'. The latter being their claim, and one which I believe to be disengenuous. Assuming that's the case I guess they'll have to weigh up whether the savings they make on shipping are worth the cost of orders they miss out on from folks that won't use them because of the UPS fuster cluck.

• Supporters
57 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Assuming that's the case I guess they'll have to weigh up whether the savings they make on shipping are worth the cost of orders they miss out on from folks that won't use them because of the UPS fuster cluck.

yep, it'll boil down to how many uk folks stop using TG over this, and how hard that hits their sales.

i presume they do trade all over europe so maybe the uk just isn't enough market for them to make the switch?

41 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yep, it'll boil down to how many uk folks stop using TG over this, and how hard that hits their sales.

i presume they do trade all over europe so maybe the uk just isn't enough market for them to make the switch?

I wouldn't even dare speculate, I work in board games which is a fairly similar hobby/market in that it's niche (though not as niche as airsoft), and tends to lead to large spends (I'd say airsoft spends are higher, so in my brain the 2 points somewhat cancel each other out). And I know from the sales folks at our company that the number of variables when making those sorts of decisions far surpasses my understanding when considering various taxes and the like. We don't ship to Brazil for instance, because the cost to do so is astronomical and ultimately cost is king. Granted that's a very extreme example... but I don't think they'd actually see enough of a decline in sales to the UK to push a decision of either changing supplier or stop shipping here full stop.

Length of contract plus whether there is an 'inadequate service' (or words to that effect) clause they'd want to trigger meaning they can leave the agreement early without cost would be another contributing factor, should it ever be a realistic thing to review. My best guess is it simply isn't worth it for them, folks will still order from them despite the aggro for the list of reasons which have been stated in here on multiple ocassions. And then the fact, by my understanding, they're a distributor so I've tended to assume their own store is more of a 'side gig for pocket money' than it is the bread winner... and only contributing further to potential limitations on their logistics agreements because they need agreements that enable them to send distribution sized orders without it annihilating their profits.

I'm in the fortunate position of not really wanting any more airsoft bits for the foreseeable, so it's hard to put myself in a situation where I'd have to choose whether it was worth it or not.

Edited by alxndrhll

• Mostly Retired Moderators
13 hours ago, RonLancs said:

Anywhere in the UK have Specna stock? Tempted to try the edge .20 series or have they flopped again? 

I'll be able to let you know if my Gunfire delivery ever arrives 😅

Mines changed to "on the way" with no delivery day

13 hours ago, RonLancs said:

Anywhere in the UK have Specna stock? Tempted to try the edge .20 series or have they flopped again? 

Patrolbase had stock, most models have now sold out, but this one is still available:

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-sa-e23-edge-2-0-tm?pv=15519

In theory, great value for money. Having been burned by Edge 1.0 though, I'll reserve judgement until there are more reviews for 2.0.

20 hours ago, RonLancs said:

I've just got mine, not been anywhere with it but in the garden its seem really good. Ive put around 3000 bbs through it so far and all has been well. Im out with it on the 10th so can let you know more once it has been skirmished. 

oh my, i did not expect this any time soon, but me too

image.png.53d8f9d3d95da170426dd59e94f9a673.png

Wow, there is hope......

Unfortunately mines still on an import scan from the 29th.

7 hours ago, L3wisD said:

This could potentially be my final post in this thread! 😮

Screenshot_20210407_013907.jpg

I would be interested to see if that actually happens. Mine has be in transit many times with multiple scheduled deliveries that have come and gone. Unless the detailed tracking actually says it has left SLH then it will be unlikely.

37 minutes ago, Piman said:

I would be interested to see if that actually happens. Mine has be in transit many times with multiple scheduled deliveries that have come and gone. Unless the detailed tracking actually says it has left SLH then it will be unlikely.

mhm, mine made it to the northampton depot, so, if true, it should be on its way  🤞

28 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Mine arrived this morning, I’ll pop a screenshot up of the last few tracking updates.

758CCD2F-3FBF-4550-83FB-C891FDB4F653.thumb.png.0f39bd0e0784a068fd2356624b8cd542.png

For those still waiting, I wish you luck!

Mind if I ask what condition it was in? A few have had them opened and tested while others have arrived unmolested.

Mine hasn't moved but they have found it again, so there's that. 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20210407-102917.png

1 hour ago, Piman said:

Ah, balls - I think you're on the money there... :(

Screenshot_20210407_103914.jpg

1 hour ago, LlamaTheMighty said:

Mind if I ask what condition it was in? A few have had them opened and tested while others have arrived unmolested.

Mine hasn't moved but they have found it again, so there's that. 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20210407-102917.png

Turned up entirely unopened and everything is present and correct. Though I imagine it's more luck than judgement I will note that I have not contacted UPS at all throughout the entire process bar when I had emails from brokerage to supply whatever it was they were after. However, I did email TG twice. No response the first time, second time I implied I would be getting PayPal involved if I wasn't to hear anything. Unsurprisingly got a fairly swift response saying they were going to contact UPS, that was on March 30th (roughly 4 weeks after my order shipped, shipping date being February 25th).

Edited by alxndrhll

Hour and a half after the delivery estimate... and it hasn't arrived.

It's not going to arrive again, is it?

...I'm not sure what I was expecting to be honest.  I'm annoyed at myself for having hope again :lol:

the next 3 hours are going to be poorly focused on work, and more on the schrodingers ups delivery

Well guys. My journey on this has ended. It has arrived by UPS.  

Order placed on the 1st of march.  UPS collecting it on the 4th.  

Taxes paid on the 9th....

Ukara expired on the 27th.

Delivered 7th april.

It appears to have not been opened... 

1617802969452910682618.jpg

the raptor mp443 is hella lubey xD

And the mp5 retractable butt stock wouldnt come out so i removed the back plate and this fell out.  No idea where it was. But it works now.  Fire pretty nice too.

161780445114621031834.jpg

Edited by kasaran

1 hour ago, kasaran said:

1st of March!!!!! you lucky Bstd. I celebrate my 2 month anniversary of waiting on UPS this week with my second shipment!

;)

1 hour ago, kasaran said:

Taxes paid on the 9th....

Ukara expired on the 27th.

Delivered 7th april.

It appears to have not been opened... 

1617802969452910682618.jpg

the raptor mp443 is hella lubey xD

And the mp5 retractable butt stock wouldnt come out so i removed the back plate and this fell out.  No idea where it was. But it works now.  Fire pretty nice too.

161780445114621031834.jpg

that goes in the little groove on the right side as you remove the black polymer stock piece by removing the pin - there should be a little silver piece of metal that acts as a spring. - I put velcro on mine to reduce wobble. 

4 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

that goes in the little groove on the right side as you remove the black polymer stock piece by removing the pin - there should be a little silver piece of metal that acts as a spring. - I put velcro on mine to reduce wobble. 

thanks, no spring there, i guess thats why it was loose and jamming the stock.  seems to work ok without it at the moment though.  casualty from the spring chamge i guess?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.