Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, Bibby said:

Mine arrived all good after 6 weeks, hadn't been opened or checked and everything is in working order.

Gives me hope that everyone's parcels will eventually turn up. 

Interestingly I've just ordered something from Bullseye Country Sport, based in Northern Ireland.  It'll be interesting to see how long this takes, given it's an import from the single market area, even though it's an internal UK movement.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, tinkle60 said:

That's pretty crazy,  I've been hit with 12% duty for gear before under the textiles tariffs, but that looks even more than that. Was the shipping cost expensive (tax calculated on that too) or perhaps someone assessed it with the dollar amount in pounds?

I had a work package that came in like that once, tax bill was calculated with the japanese Yen value in pounds.

Was shipped with UPS so maybe that was pricey, but it was something I was just sent review so I've not got an invoice from the company in order to check.  I've had the same thing too in the past where they've used the wrong currency, which is an entirely plausible human error to happen at a customs depot.

Haven't heard back from the brokerage.  The driver attempted delivery today asking for the £60+ total payment, I just said no thanks and informed him I'd contacted the brokerage.  He just said ok and walked back to his truck, be interesting to see what the next steps are.

Mines just getting the warehouse scans. Still held in customs i think

Screenshot_20210329-164035.jpg

On 22/03/2021 at 18:22, GothicGhost said:

I think royal mail has a backlog of parcels as well, I made an  order from another shop 20th of November 2020, and I assumed the parcel got lost, so I had to refund and reorder later.

Now checking tracking today on my second order, it is in the UK, and I thought I would check the tracking number on the lost order; and it was out for delivery today, but I think now It will come tomorrow, lol

beware of those royal mail texts saying your short on postage - it won’t end well ;)

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, MiK said:

beware of those royal mail texts saying your short on postage - it won’t end well ;)

Scam or brexit related "stealth tax" ?, I ask as the wife's had a couple & ive told her to ignore them as a likely scam ?

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Was shipped with UPS so maybe that was pricey, but it was something I was just sent review so I've not got an invoice from the company in order to check.  I've had the same thing too in the past where they've used the wrong currency, which is an entirely plausible human error to happen at a customs depot.

Haven't heard back from the brokerage.  The driver attempted delivery today asking for the £60+ total payment, I just said no thanks and informed him I'd contacted the brokerage.  He just said ok and walked back to his truck, be interesting to see what the next steps are.

I'm surprised they didn't mark it as a commercial sample or somesuch. Mind you, the insurance will bump up the fees too.

56 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

Gives me hope that everyone's parcels will eventually turn up. 

Interestingly I've just ordered something from Bullseye Country Sport, based in Northern Ireland.  It'll be interesting to see how long this takes, given it's an import from the single market area, even though it's an internal UK movement.

I have ordered from them several times this year and it has not been an issue. Next day or 2 at most.

8 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Scam or brexit related "stealth tax" ?, I ask as the wife's had a couple & ive told her to ignore them as a likely scam ?

Yes, this was on the BBC website as a scam. Royal mail will never ask you anything like this via text.

19 minutes ago, Tackle said:

they are a scam matey it’s usually for £2.99 or something little and they link to a fake royal mail site you should report them

”Text message Suspicious text messages should be forwarded to 7726. This free-of-charge short code enables your provider to investigate the origin of the text and take action, if found to be malicious.”

I usually copy the text you get and then start a new text to 7726 and type in the number it came from and then paste the message in and then copy it all again and hit send it will then ask you to add then number so I just paste the whole message in again - the number 7726 works for all mobile carriers

C4A088F0-7C2A-41C2-BFE2-0CED8741FB89.jpeg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Lozart said:

I'm surprised they didn't mark it as a commercial sample or somesuch. Mind you, the insurance will bump up the fees too.

Does that work with HMRC?  Not something they'll have known about if I even I don't lol.

31 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Does that work with HMRC?  Not something they'll have known about if I even I don't lol.

It’s customs fraud 

Unless it is a genuine commercial sample, being sent to a business, the sample is unusable for sale (marked as a sample, parts removed or drilled out etc)

It has been standard practice for certain Hong Kong sellers etc to mark declarations as zero value, custom sample etc - and then include a copy of the original invoice / delivery note.

In many cases it’s pointless evasion on low value goods below import thresholds.

Still stuck in Stanford - Just keeps getting scanned again and again and again.😒

image_2021-03-30_074300.png

Wow. My first shipment has finally arrived. It left on the 11th February so that is nearly 7 weeks. The delivery driver was sticking to the script with the customs delay excuse.

For a package that was apparently held up by customs for inspection the box has not been opened and the TG tape is all intact.

Now just have to wait for the 2nd shipment (5 1/2 weeks and counting).

28 minutes ago, Piman said:

Wow. My first shipment has finally arrived. It left on the 11th February so that is nearly 7 weeks. The delivery driver was sticking to the script with the customs delay excuse.

For a package that was apparently held up by customs for inspection the box has not been opened and the TG tape is all intact.

Now just have to wait for the 2nd shipment (5 1/2 weeks and counting).

Was it a UPS delivery or an unmarked one like others have been?

Wondering what happens if nobody is in to take the parcel in. Really don't want it leaving outside if it does actually get delivered.

19 minutes ago, LlamaTheMighty said:

Gadzooks! Maybe they really have got their shit in order then. What's next, shipping updates? 😮

Got one of those as well. Apparently my second order is due for delivery tomorrow. Can someone check the temperature of Hell? Is it below zero?

I don't actually believe it will turn up tomorrow though.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Still held in warehouse.. won't be getting it before bank holiday weekend then.

Some guys in an MP5 owners group have reported some TG orders being sent back to Poland. 😨

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.