Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 day round trip... I have a van. If enough people want RIFs and are willing to pay me to drive to and from it isn’t out of the question. 

I wonder what would happen if customs pull you over for random inspection with a load of rifs?

I guess if you have a UKARA/site membership card you'd be OK but would they demand receipts and a tax payment?

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I wonder what would happen if customs pull you over for random inspection with a load of rifs?

I guess if you have a UKARA/site membership card you'd be OK but would they demand receipts and a tax payment?

always something i wondered about is getting pulled over on the way to an airsoft game and having to explain why i have enough gats in the boot to invade a small country :P

45 minutes ago, EDcase said:

For purchases you ought to be making the appropriate declarations and taxes/duty due.

Getting picked on a random inspection for them would imply you’ve been smuggling and evading duty

So if in doubt use the ‘declare’ red channel 

As long as things are legal each country that is passed through, declared at borders, you have documentation etc then things should be good

Useful to have an airsoft print magazine in possession, and attitude left at home

39 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

always something i wondered about is getting pulled over on the way to an airsoft game and having to explain why i have enough gats in the boot to invade a small country :P

For travelling with gear to play, then ensure everything is legal in each country you pass through, is appropriately packed, have appropriate documentation, have ‘informative’ things such as an airsoft print magazine etc

Ensure that you can prove prior ownership if applicable (that you had it with you on your journey out and still have it when returning)

Also be aware of the policies of any transport company - airlines, ferries, channel tunnel etc

1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

For purchases you ought to be making the appropriate declarations and taxes/duty due.

Yeah, I wonder how difficult the forms are to fill out and process.

That's really the only hard part about bringing a vanload back.

Edited by EDcase

• Mostly Retired Moderators
1 hour ago, Piman said:

Currently on hold to the UPS brokerage department. So far I have been waiting 3 hours and 7 minutes.

Didn't know whether to laugh react or not.

But I have to admire your stubbornness 😅

Well, I have just hung up now after 4 hours 16 minutes. Did not get through to anyone and imagine they have gone home for the weekend. I am both laughing and crying but I will be invoicing them for my time.

43 minutes ago, Piman said:

Well, I have just hung up now after 4 hours 16 minutes. Did not get through to anyone and imagine they have gone home for the weekend. I am both laughing and crying but I will be invoicing them for my time.

Feel for ya. Its a bloody joke! 

Nearly as bad as trying to get a doctors appointment lol.

Regards 

8 hours ago, DRay said:

3 day round trip... I have a van. If enough people want RIFs and are willing to pay me to drive to and from it isn’t out of the question. 

There are some interesting looking games in Poland.  There is a weekender milsim that takes place in the Tatra mountains in winter that I fancied doing a while back.

Get a couple of mates, do the game and pick up some pews on the return.  

Mine is “ in transit” ! Apparently being forwarded to my destination facility, which would be Cardiff, Wales !! I was told about 4 weeks ago that there was a 4-8 week backlog? So I’d be expecting it soon ! 

I’ll keep you updated ! But it’ll most likely go back to warehouse scan ! 

08AAB300-E975-4DA5-AC51-F66E1522033C.png

16 hours ago, HarisonVlogs said:

Mine is “ in transit” ! Apparently being forwarded to my destination facility, which would be Cardiff, Wales !! I was told about 4 weeks ago that there was a 4-8 week backlog? So I’d be expecting it soon ! 

I’ll keep you updated ! But it’ll most likely go back to warehouse scan ! 

08AAB300-E975-4DA5-AC51-F66E1522033C.png

Ahh man. My parcel has been sat next to yours for a month. Been scanned at exactly the same time throughout this apart from the big missed scan the 17th. Oohh, the excitement.

Now yours is leaving the building. My orders going to feel like it's been deserted. Empty space on the shelf next to it. 😁

Screenshot_20210321-175416.png

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I was about to tell Gunfire to do the same to be honest. 

No updates on the scans for mine since the 16th.

For everyone else refreshing the tracking page:

Leslie Nielsen Good Luck GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

24 minutes ago, Bibby said:

I have just been told that both packages I had coming from them are now lost and I should contact Taiwan gun to start a claim.

Has anyone else started this process yet?

Cheers

I was told that for one of my packages but it seems like it depends on who you talk to at UPS. It turns out that both of mine are actually really with customs for inspection. This apparently can take 2-3 weeks and there will be little or no update on the tracker during this time. This again could be BS but the person I was talking to today seemed a little more informed and understanding of what is going on. I know that usually the import side is usually handled entirely by the UPS brokerage but occasionally  they do get pulled for review.

16 minutes ago, Piman said:

I was told that for one of my packages but it seems like it depends on who you talk to at UPS. It turns out that both of mine are actually really with customs for inspection. This apparently can take 2-3 weeks and there will be little or no update on the tracker during this time. This again could be BS but the person I was talking to today seemed a little more informed and understanding of what is going on. I know that usually the import side is usually handled entirely by the UPS brokerage but occasionally  they do get pulled for review.

Courier post is not held for weeks by Border Force, given the urgent nature and fast turnarounds most companies operate to. I'm sorry, you are being fed a load of nonsense by UPS. They said the same to me and I challenged this, given I work in this area. This morning I received the update below. I'm presuming it's an automated response reflecting the fact that UPS are incapable of processing the backlog of parcels they have. I think for me it's got to the point I'll dispute the purchase, given TG have also stopped responding to my emails.

Screenshot_20210322-111614_Gallery.jpg

1 hour ago, Bibby said:

I have just been told that both packages I had coming from them are now lost and I should contact Taiwan gun to start a claim.

Has anyone else started this process yet?

Cheers

Mine has apparently entered the void as well.

Claim raised through PayPal as TG aren't responding to my emails. :(

I don't want to rub salt into the wounds but to give a glimmer of hope that all is not doom and gloom ordering from Europe now.

I took a chance and ordered a rare RIF from an unknown site in Italy called TITANO-STORE

Ordered: Monday 15th. No confirmation email 🤔

Wed 17th. Asked for update. They replied it would go in afternoon.  Not feeling confident

Thursday 18th. Got email just with DHL tracking number. Estimated delivery 24th

Today 22nd Surprise package arrives 😲

No extra fees to pay!!!

So I would recommend Titano-Store from my limited experience.

...and what did I get...?

https://www.titano-store.com/en/c/airsoft-c28617/rifles-displayed-by-model-c28842/lr300-c29132/lr300-full-metal-aandk-lr300-p939142

£165 including delivery

EDIT: While the delivery was good, the rifle itself is not so good.  Looks like someone has been in it and messed up a few screws.  I didn't ask for any power adjustment and they didn't mention any so I suspect its a dodgy return they had and passed on to me.  Not going to bother returning.

Edited by EDcase

11 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I don't want to rub salt into the wounds but to give a glimmer of hope that all is not doom and gloom ordering from Europe now.

Glad you've had a good experience and that looks awesome!

I know a few people that have had success lately. Using a courier other than UPS appears to be the magic ingredient.

Waiting on a non rif order from the eu via dhl.

Only been a week so far but in the first 12 hours it was picked up in France, driven to Brussels, and flown to the uk (east mids).

At which point it entered a black hole. Daily 'Clearance event' updates.

I think royal mail has a backlog of parcels as well, I made an  order from another shop 20th of November 2020, and I assumed the parcel got lost, so I had to refund and reorder later.

Now checking tracking today on my second order, it is in the UK, and I thought I would check the tracking number on the lost order; and it was out for delivery today, but I think now It will come tomorrow, lol

Edited by GothicGhost

Well this is a new one for UPS.  I mean genuinely what on earth does that mean?

Screenshot 2021-03-22 230723.png

Screenshot 2021-03-22 231037.png

Doesn't look like it's moved from Stanford Le Hope and it's simply a variation of an import scan.  If they want instructions how about: "deliver the bloody parcel"

Edited by RebelScum

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.