Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

32 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

Well this thread makes not want to order guns outside the UK lol.

Only if UPS are involved.....

31 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

I would only order one outside the UK if it really was very cheap and you do not mind fixing any issues. The nightmare it will be to return an item under warranty is not worth it. Unless the supplier is fully set up for it you could end up paying further duties to send it and then on return let alone the high shipping costs.

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Piman said:

I would only order one outside the UK if it really was very cheap and you do not mind fixing any issues.

in fairness that's pretty much why we ordered from europe before brexit too.

31 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

in fairness that's pretty much why we ordered from europe before brexit too.

Yeah, agreed. I intend to completely strip these when they arrive anyway.

James

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Piman said:

I would only order one outside the UK if it really was very cheap and you do not mind fixing any issues. The nightmare it will be to return an item under warranty is not worth it. Unless the supplier is fully set up for it you could end up paying further duties to send it and then on return let alone the high shipping costs.

This has always been the case. It's always been cheaper but more hassle to order from abroad, we just got used to quite a smooth process built up over a number of years ironing out the kinks. Still...blue passports.

Oddly, it might actually be easier to order in from China once the whole pandemic thing is FINALLY under control. Hong Kong already has a reciprocal tax agreement with the UK so in theory at least it should be similar to what we had with the EU. It'll take longer and potentially cost more to ship, but I seem to remember a time when if you didn't buy from the UK you were buying from places like Redwolf, RSOV etc.

3 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Well, we're two hours past the estimated delivery time.

The automated helpline says "end of the day"

@L3wisD any luck?  My experience with UPS is they tend to knock off work at 1700.  

as of 4pm today the parcel is officially late.  no update of the tracker.  the Defcon airsoft package has at least arrived

I was genuinely willing for someone to get their parcel today, if only to give us all a little hope.  To amuse myself I got the UPS tracking system to send me updates via email, so I could pretend there had been progress when I was dutifully told me the parcel was "In Transit".  It made as much sense as talking to UPS customer services.

I think I'll email TG again mid-week to ask what their plan of action is, given we'll be well over the 30 days delivery time for distance selling, and keep an eye on the forum to see what happens.  UPS do have a habit of randomly delivering parcels a day late without updating the tracker, so we'll know by the end of the week if they are just messing everyone around.

3 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

I wouldn't order anything in the UK either, if UPS are trusted to deliver it.  Even Yodel managed to lob a parcel over our gate, which now seems like a premium service.

Yeah mines in transit as well......

Mine has finally apparently cleared customs so I should get it some time in the next month

3 hours ago, RonLancs said:

Delivery firing alright, delivery firing alright, delivery stopped. Upon inspecting the courier you realise they are shit. 

Sadly I dont think UPS realise they are shit.  They probably think they are doing a great job.

1 hour ago, kasaran said:

as of 4pm today the parcel is officially late.  no update of the tracker.  the Defcon airsoft package has at least arrived

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

My parcel now requires time travel to be delivered.

Still showing as 8:30-11am today 😂

I have had numerous scheduled deliveries. Unless the tracking says it is with your local hub or out for delivery then it is not going to arrive. I believe these are automated estimates based on how they should be operating if there were no issues. There are no checks or balances to stop it posting unrealistic dates.

Edited by Piman

Import fees of £43.99 on a £160 package.  £11.50 for their 'brokerage' bullshit

No updates. Still says yesterday on eta.  Dont know why. But the lack of accuracy in the updates are really annoying me

Mine is on its way to Northampton.  I have requested redelivery for Friday as I am not in tomorrow when it scheduled and instead of it being amended immediately its still pending.  They can't even get that right.  Utter wankers

Received mine today after paying the fees on Sunday . Been that long can't wait to get home as forgot what I ordered 😮

So rang again as my tracking stilll claims yesterday.  guy on the phone is saying it should be on its way to the local depot (northampton by tomorrow).  but if nothing happens after 3 days, then i can initiate a 'lost package' investigation or some crap. 

So my earlier smooth sailing on the order is starting to feel tenuous

2 hours ago, Kls77 said:

Received mine today after paying the fees on Sunday . Been that long can't wait to get home as forgot what I ordered 😮

Can I ask when did it arrive in-country?

So only 24 hours left of my UKARA and my shipment has not yet cleared UK customs. No movement on the tracker for days and no help whatsoever from customer services. I do not believe I have had as poor a service from UPS from any other company in my entire lifetime.  The incompetence shown by them just staggers me.

I don't know what I am going to do if it fails to clear.

James 

Ok, so in yet a final display of incompetence, UPS have actually managed to fulfill their primary function as couriers by delivering my rifle, intact and working, a full day earlier than what is stated on their tracker and in contravention of my wish to have it redelivered on Friday.  This incompetence is fortunate but yet again underlines how utterly useless their system of passing data between various apps and business functions actually is.   

On a side note - please see picture below - yet I still had to fill in their bullshit firearms form.....never again.....

161955696_485686869139227_2583091395880389825_n.jpg

Edited by EvilMonkee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.