Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Oh absolutely.  I gather when you e-mail a CEO, depending on the company, there is some automatic filter system that picks up on key words and forwards it to some drone somewhere.  I don't care how it works tbh, as long as it gets results.  Which it did for me.

• Supporters
23 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Is that cleared Polish customs or English customs? 

Mongolian 😳

9 hours ago, Piman said:

I have just booked in for my next game but his will come too late to renew my UKARA.

The site you play at do they have a wk day office you could email/phone ? My home site is sorting UKARA’s for its regular players . 

I just had my phonecall and accompanying firearms declaration. They are doing it for parcels that include only parts as well as RIFs (I was just ordering parts). My guess is, because the goods note is in Polish, they cant tell if there is a RIF or just parts inside. 

It's a fairly simple form, also asks for velocities of the RIF as well. 

I thanked them despite the delays for taking the importation of RIF's seriously. Doing the job that BF and PF failed to do effectively.

• Supporters

Ups package from Czech Republic dispatched middle of January ? still ‘processing’ , package from the Ukraine ordered 6days ago ? sat on the sofa in my living room ! 🤬 

My tracking updated at some point over the weekend to give an estimated delivery date of 03/04/2021, seems slightly more realistic than last Thursday as was intially shown. In terms of the overall process so far I've done the RIF form and value declaration email, but I'm yet to receive anything regarding any additional fees.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Ups package from Czech Republic dispatched middle of January ? still ‘processing’ , package from the Ukraine ordered 6days ago ? sat on the sofa in my living room ! 🤬 

in soviet democratic russia the trains post runs on time

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

I just had my phonecall and accompanying firearms declaration. They are doing it for parcels that include only parts as well as RIFs (I was just ordering parts). My guess is, because the goods note is in Polish, they cant tell if there is a RIF or just parts inside. 

It's a fairly simple form, also asks for velocities of the RIF as well. 

I thanked them despite the delays for taking the importation of RIF's seriously. Doing the job that BF and PF failed to do effectively.

I have had this for parts from the US as well. I think it is a fairly standard process. It is a declaration after all so seems reasonable to ask even if parts. Although technically you don't need anything for parts this will help UPS get it through customs with minimal issues. 

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Piman said:

I have had this for parts from the US as well. I think it is a fairly standard process. It is a declaration after all so seems reasonable to ask even if parts. Although technically you don't need anything for parts this will help UPS get it through customs with minimal issues. 

it's standard for ups, they pulled it on me for an f2000 hop unit......

Just had my declaration email today.  

Is it just the form to fill in? The email seems to be asking for prose as well 

It was probably overkill but I attached the firearms doc and sent the following.

Document attached.

Purchase of an airsoft toy (rif) and accessories for the purpose of playing airsoft at registered UK venues.

Registered site : xxxxxx
UKARA : xxxxx 
Registered home address: xxxxxx

Let me know if you require any further information.  

16 minutes ago, kasaran said:

Just had my declaration email today.  

Is it just the form to fill in? The email seems to be asking for prose as well 

Just delete the right boxes, add your UKARA number and sign. That is all they need. Now you move to the next stage of waiting.  I sent mine a week ago, it was cleared and it has not moved since.

James

19 minutes ago, Piman said:

Just delete the right boxes, add your UKARA number and sign. That is all they need. Now you move to the next stage of waiting.  I sent mine a week ago, it was cleared and it has not moved since.

James

Sorry if I missed this. How were you told it had cleared? I have sent my form, do you get a confirmation that it's all ok?

26 minutes ago, Piman said:

James

Just imo but there is no need for ukara when importing parts. I think its best that if you dont need to insert ukara, you shouldnt -somewhat concerned they will still demanding ukara where its not needed. Fwiw: been there done that got the t shirt

43 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Just imo but there is no need for ukara when importing parts. I think its best that if you dont need to insert ukara, you shouldnt -somewhat concerned they will still demanding ukara where its not needed. Fwiw: been there done that got the t shirt

Agreed, you don't need it but with all the other troubles going on I would rather avoid further delays and confusion in trying to explain that to them. From their side it just removes all risk from customs and any potential checks to make sure it really is only parts.

50 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Sorry if I missed this. How were you told it had cleared? I have sent my form, do you get a confirmation that it's all ok?

I got the following status change in my tracker "Original documents required (Immigration documents, Visa etc) / Your package was released by the clearing agency.". In subsequent calls they have confirmed it has cleared customs and is just stuck at the warehouse.

This is a lot to go through to get a pew. It's really putting me off even buying from over there. I'm not paying UK prices. What to do.. 

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

This is a lot to go through to get a pew. It's really putting me off even buying from over there. I'm not paying UK prices. What to do.. 

Take up knitting?

38 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Eh, is it though? Is filling out and returning a very simple form and paying some import fees really that much of an inconvenience? I’d imagine the time taken for things to arrive will smooth out in time, if things taking to arrive is really considered a downside. I guess I’ve been shipping things over from elsewhere in the world long enough to just never really be in much of a rush.

Main consideration is whether it actually winds up much different to UK prices when all is said and done. Granted cost savings have never been the draw of importing things in for me, it’s mostly supply/availability.

Nevertheless, being patient and keeping your eye out of classifieds/putting up wanted ads is an option. Failing that, either make do with what you have, or sell up and find something else you want to do with your time. Not intending to totally blunt, I’m just struggling to piece together the part that makes it feel like a real hardship to import things. The chasing folks are doing is born more from impatience or other external factors that weren’t considered as potential issues at the time of ordering more than it is a necessity.

Side note, turns out my previous post on expected arrival time wasn’t correct. On the UPS app date is displayed in US format so it hadn’t actually updated. ‘Parcel Progress’ is DD/MM/YY, but ‘Scheduled Delivery’ is MM/DD/YY... good job that isn’t confusing. However, it has just update with ‘Export Scan’ and the scheduled delivery is this Friday. Whether that’ll actually happen... 🤷🏻‍♂️.

1 minute ago, alxndrhll said:

Eh, is it though? Is filling out and returning a very simple form and paying some import fees really that much of an inconvenience? I’d imagine the time taken for things to arrive will smooth out in time, if things taking to arrive is really considered a downside. I guess I’ve been shipping things over from elsewhere in the world long enough to just never really be in much of a rush.

Main consideration is whether it actually winds up much different to UK prices when all is said and done. Granted cost savings have never been the draw of importing things in for me, it’s mostly supply/availability.

Nevertheless, being patient and keeping your eye out of classifieds/putting up wanted ads is an option. Failing that, either make do with what you have, or sell up and find something else you want to do with your time. Not intending to totally blunt, I’m just struggling to piece together the part that makes it feel like a real hardship to import things.

Hells yea it is. Compared to how it used to be + new fee's. Yea I'd say it's comparably more difficult to import from TG. UK shops at the moment are dire it's all dry. Maybe I'm old fashioned and just want to click, pay and things come to my door in acceptable parameters. I wish there was a quirky comment that I could conjure in my defence but I straight just feel disheartened about the sport and it's easy to say "go find something else" but that's one less target on our fields. My neckbeard is ruffled. I want quick easy access to toy guns from Poland at a competitive price without waiting months for it to be delivered. Too much to ask for? - Yes, find another hobby. Great. 

2 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Hells yea it is. Compared to how it used to be + new fee's. Yea I'd say it's comparably more difficult to import from TG. UK shops at the moment are dire it's all dry. Maybe I'm old fashioned and just want to click, pay and things come to my door in acceptable parameters. I wish there was a quirky comment that I could conjure in my defence but I straight just feel disheartened about the sport and it's easy to say "go find something else" but that's one less target on our fields. My neckbeard is ruffled. I want quick easy access to toy guns from Poland at a competitive price without waiting months for it to be delivered. Too much to ask for? - Yes, find another hobby. Great. 

My reply wasn’t a simple ‘if you don’t like it, find something else’. That was very intentionally the final option listed.

You in no way need to defend how you wish to make your purchases, everyone is entitled to their preference. But you’ll need to answer the question yourself as to how set in your preferences you are, and whether the need to deviate from that is enough to put you off entirely. Because that’s ultimately where we are now, like it or lump it (the vast majority of us falling in the latter camp I imagine) things aren’t the way they were.

If your criteria is as set in stone as you say it is, the second hand market seems to be the closest thing to a solution I can put forward. If that’s a no go for whatever reason, then I’m fresh out of ideas.

10 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

My reply wasn’t a simple ‘if you don’t like it, find something else’. That was very intentionally the final option listed.

You in no way need to defend how you wish to make your purchases, everyone is entitled to their preference. But you’ll need to answer the question yourself as to how set in your preferences you are, and whether the need to deviate from that is enough to put you off entirely. Because that’s ultimately where we are now, like it or lump it (the vast majority of us falling in the latter camp I imagine) things aren’t the way they were.

If your criteria is as set in stone as you say it is, the second hand market seems to be the closest thing to a solution I can put forward. If that’s a no go for whatever reason, then I’m fresh out of ideas.

Thanks for the valuable input - and I mean that. The airsoft community is great for providing feedback and solutions. I guess this is the one place I can come to for some positivity and reassurance about the whole ordeal. Maybe I just need to get back out to a field get a couple of kills and get over-shot by a couple of newbies and I'll be back with a shit eating grin waiting for my order to cross the channel in a less than ideal time frame at a more expensive rate. What can I say I don't like change (not according to my CV) but I don't adapt well and I'm just waffling. I feel much better, thank you. 

we.jpg

1 minute ago, RonLancs said:

Thanks for the valuable input - and I mean that. The airsoft community is great for providing feedback and solutions. I guess this is the one place I can come to for some positivity and reassurance about the whole ordeal. Maybe I just need to get back out to a field get a couple of kills and get over-shot by a couple of newbies and I'll be back with a shit eating grin waiting for my order to cross the channel in a less than ideal time frame at a more expensive rate. What can I say I don't like change (not according to my CV) but I don't adapt well and I'm just waffling. I feel much better, thank you. 

I genuinely hope it's at least moderately useful. I've been in a very similar situation multiple times across my time in the hobby (give or take 15 years), some for similar reasons and some for entirely different ones. In this instance I think you've hit the nail on the head, not being able to go out and play definitely amplifies the 'is this all really worth it' element. I've nearly thrown in the towel at least 3 times in the last year, but I know full well being honest with myself that without airsoft things to enjoy/grumble about the last year would have been significantly harder because I'd have had very little to be looking forward to at the tail end of all that's going on.

Waffle away, getting it out there is a damn sight healthier than having it all bouncing around your noggin entirely untamed.

1 minute ago, alxndrhll said:

I genuinely hope it's at least moderately useful. I've been in a very similar situation multiple times across my time in the hobby (give or take 15 years), some for similar reasons and some for entirely different ones. In this instance I think you've hit the nail on the head, not being able to go out and play definitely amplifies the 'is this all really worth it' element. I've nearly thrown in the towel at least 3 times in the last year, but I know full well being honest with myself that without airsoft things to enjoy/grumble about the last year would have been significantly harder because I'd have had very little to be looking forward to at the tail end of all that's going on.

Waffle away, getting it out there is a damn sight healthier than having it all bouncing around your noggin entirely untamed.

This s*** right here, this is why I play airsoft. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.