Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

46 minutes ago, colinjallen said:

It has a hell of  lot to do with Brexit; while UPS may carry some responsibility, most of this is down to entirely predictable issues around border controls and being outside the single market.  Entirely predictable to everyone except the UK government, that is.

Yup agree  as piman said, it was predictable and most other couriers and services have continued with very little delays or interruptions. UPS it seems to have had their heads in the sand and did not prepare for it well at all.

On 03/03/2021 at 16:45, leadly said:

Put an order in for £170 yesterday. Fingers crossed!

Just had an email asking for £55.99!

I'd say I felt robbed but most of the stuff was for my mate!

Have still had no update with UPS on my delivery.  Has been with customs for a third time for over two weeks.  Seems to be scanned, checked for details/visa/immigration etc, and then released, only for it to be re-scanned and go through the same process again!!

I had a look online at their Trustpilot reviews.  I didn't think it was possible to have a score lower than 1.  It is truly shocking.  I noticed that a lot of the replies to the reviews were asking the reviewer to contact UPS via their Trustpilot email which is:  [email protected]  

So I decided to email them and enquire what was going on with the customs issue.  They replied a couple of days later in the usual corporate fashion with what is clearly automated and predicted text, with no personality at all.  Simply stating that there was nothing they could do and recommended I monitor the packages via the UPS app.  Another pointless process.

Hope you guys have better luck than me, its now been just short of a month since I ordered from TG.

15 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Well that sounds like a complete Clusterfuck on UPS's part. I hope you get your order at some point.

It could be worse - around 20 years ago (around the dawn of internet shopping) my team mate and I ordered ~$500usd of Paintball gear from the states. Never showed. No tracking number. Couldn't get a refund (no buyers protection back in those days). Seller (a major manufacturer that still exists) couldn't give a shit. We had to write off the money and forget about it.

2 years (yes, years!) later, a big box shows up at my mates house with 'Christchurch England NOT Christchurch New Zealand!' scrawled across it. Turns out it had been stuck in New Zealand customs for years because some dumb fuck in the US Paintball company warehouse forgot to write the country on the box.

We've come a long way in terms of shopping since then.

🤣🤣🤣 That's insane

Check out the ups hate groups on facebook , honestly they must be the most inept couriers on the planet. I always ask now which delivery companies anywhere uses and if there is an option other than ups I take that. a confused snail would be a more reliable bet !

Nick

Its entirely UPS doing and I can make an educated guess as to why.  It will be the utilization of furlough to avoid paying 80% of staff wages, they probably still have a skeleton staff on and therefore can cut costs and try to maintain their current contracts at minimum cost whilst still charging their customers for the previous service.  Combine this with COVID shipping delays from Europe and Brexit providing a decent excuse for the delay and you have our current situation.   It will be entirely management driven.

Driven by management personal objectives no doubt. 

Most corporate bullshit can ultimately be traced back to these.  If it doesn't contribute to their bonus or promotion, it's not their concern.

8 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

2 years (yes, years!) later, a big box shows up at my mates house with 'Christchurch England NOT Christchurch New Zealand!' scrawled across it. Turns out it had been stuck in New Zealand customs for years because some dumb fuck in the US Paintball company warehouse forgot to write the country on the box.

We've come a long way in terms of shopping since then.

That's hilarious, but I confess that a recent kit purchase from Poland went wrong when I accidentally put my country as Uganda (it was next to the UK on the drop-down box).  The retailer was like, not our problem you idiot - you'll have to wait until it gets bounced back.  I was saved by the Polish postal service who made sense of my Google translated email to them, realised a complete muppet had filled in the address, stopped it flying to Africa after it arrived in a hub in Germany, then arranged for the label to be amended and forwarded it on to the UK.

Lesson learned was don't buy anything at 0130 in the morning when you are really tired.  This probably also applies to buying RIFs as I find my willpower to resist wanes as the hour lengthens.

2 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

That's hilarious, but I confess that a recent kit purchase from Poland went wrong when I accidentally put my country as Uganda (it was next to the UK on the drop-down box).  The retailer was like, not our problem you idiot - you'll have to wait until it gets bounced back.  I was saved by the Polish postal service who made sense of my Google translated email to them, realised a complete muppet had filled in the address, stopped it flying to Africa after it arrived in a hub in Germany, then arranged for the label to be amended and forwarded it on to the UK.

Lesson learned was don't buy anything at 0130 in the morning when you are really tired.  This probably also applies to buying RIFs as I find my willpower to resist wanes as the hour lengthens.

All of the best financial decisions are those made past your bed time. Even better when you make said decisions, completely forget you made them when you wake up and get a lovely surprise parcel in the next few days.

Just received a new update from UPS.  Whilst I'm still not banking on delivery any time soon, at least the parcel is moving in the right direction.  Hopefully everyone else will have something similar soon. 

Screenshot 2021-03-06 234228.PNG

4 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

Just received a new update from UPS.  Whilst I'm still not banking on delivery any time soon, at least the parcel is moving in the right direction.  Hopefully everyone else will have something similar soon. 

Is that cleared Polish customs or English customs? 

23 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Is that cleared Polish customs or English customs? 

UK Customs.  This ties in with the discussion I had with UPS on Friday about their firearms declaration form.  The parcel hasn't been in Poland since the 20th February, when it arrived in their German hub.

Mines also been updated and is apparently "on time" and due to arrive on the 10th.

12 hours ago, RebelScum said:

😂Probably still delivered quicker to you from Uganda, than the current UPS fiasco!

8 hours ago, RebelScum said:

Mine said the same, and then it went through customs three more times. Hopefully yours will be a bit more productive.

So, I am getting really worried now. With no sign of either of my shipments moving any time soon there is a real risk my UKARA will run out. I have just over a week left on it. When I placed the orders I was unaware of the dire situation UPS was in and thought it would not take 1 1/2 to 2 months for them to ship.

I will be on the phone non stop to UPS next week and will even look at writing to their CEO (politely of course if I want any response).

I have just booked in for my next game but his will come too late to renew my UKARA.

Anyone else in this situation? Anyone have any ideas on a possible solution?

James

4 minutes ago, Piman said:

So, I am getting really worried now. With no sign of either of my shipments moving any time soon there is a real risk my UKARA will run out. I have just over a week left on it. When I placed the orders I was unaware of the dire situation UPS was in and thought it would not take 1 1/2 to 2 months for them to ship.

I will be on the phone non stop to UPS next week and will even look at writing to their CEO (politely of course if I want any response).

I have just booked in for my next game but his will come too late to renew my UKARA.

Anyone else in this situation? Anyone have any ideas on a possible solution?

James

I imagine writing to a CEO of pretty much any large company with something that, to them, would be so trivial is largely just a waste of your time.

I personally probably wouldn't be spending any time chasing after UPS, I'd attack it from the otherside of looking at options of extending my active UKARA by contacting the site I hold it with, explaining the situation and going from there. To my knowledge you're never actually removed from the UKARA database, it's simply a case of whether it's 'active' of not, though I could be wrong.

Other options are to look into acquiring another defence which doesn't have the same requirements as UKARA. There are a few, but I can't remember what they are because I've never had a need for any of them.

you could try joining the Military vehicle trust and use reenacting as a Defense but I’m not sure how that would wash with customs. 

im also not sure if they have any requirements on attending shows etc. 

Edited by GenuineGerman

94672dc79c6acbb67021cf56e9db0abf.png

Hey guys, Just thought id get in on the action !! So i placed an order on the 10th of FEB when they announced they are delivering again! 
Was shipped on the 12th of Feb and then was received on the 22nd in the UK, I had paid all fees in advance and had completed a clearance form and UKARA declaration

After ringing, I was told a backlog of 4 weeks since importing into the UK, that being the 22nd of March (roughly) also I've heard of a 72 hour warehouse scan, they scan the items every 72 hours if they hadn't moved to ensure of the "lost parcel".

Anyways i shall keep you guys updated with my parcel status, but i'm not upset because we cant play airsoft ! If we could then id be crying right now hahaha !!  

6 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

I imagine writing to a CEO of pretty much any large company with something that, to them, would be so trivial is largely just a waste of your time.

Depends on the company.  I e-mailed Tim Cook after getting fucked around by Apple CS and I got my problem sorted.

My parcel has made it to the local hub, hopefully Tuesday delivery it's saying.

If it does come Tuesday it's worth noting that this would have taken 15 days from the moment ups picked up the parcel.

Not great, but an idea of what others might expect if they are worried about ukara expiry's. 

I did pay the fees within an hour of getting the email, however it took me a couple of days to fill in the firearms form once requested.

17 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Depends on the company.  I e-mailed Tim Cook after getting fucked around by Apple CS and I got my problem sorted.

I guess it entirely depends on:

A) How much the company care about their reputation.

B) How slick the set up is for the folks handling correspondence to their senior team/board. (I'm open to being wrong, but I highly doubt Mr Cook ever actually read your message)

C) What anyone in the company can actually do about the situation. (Someone 'at the top' facilitating a resolution of your issue is likely much easier than trying to pluck one parcel of out of millions which in the exact same situation)

Based on everything you can see on the internet regarding UPS at the moment I dare say their hands are somewhat tied for resolving anything that's going on. No, moderately intelligent, company would sit back and have their name dragged through the mud if their was something they could effectively do about it. Generally agree with what folks were saying earlier in regard to under-staffing and 'business decisions' which have been made in regard to furlough and the like being the most obvious root cause.

Nevertheless, if this thread has demonstrated anything to me it's that irrelevant of how keenly you're chasing after UPS none of it is actually making anything move faster... so the path I'd advise taking doesn't change.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.