Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

42 minutes ago, Piman said:

I would keep chasing them. Both times I have chased my delivery it was sat waiting for additional paperwork. They are not good at communicating this so it could be sat there a long time until someone chases that up.

In regards to the 'it's just post BREXIT' be patient. The point is that UPS are significantly worse than their rivals. It is a lot of work to organise this but they are a logistics company and that is their job. They have had plenty of time to be prepared. I know the final details came late in the day but the core infrastructure and contingency planning had years. In fact, from what I hear, they had started planning a long time ago. They have either not had a good plan/process in place or have failed miserably in implementing it.

So after all the activity yesterday sorting out further paperwork my delivery has now moved back to 'Delayed'!!!!

Ohh for sure, I like to think I made it fairly clear I think UPS are hopeless. But I, alongside many others in this thread, placed my order knowing UPS was the courier... and knowing UPS are pretty low on my list of couriers I think are any good. Venting frustrations is entirely fine, but checking in daily praying something will change isn’t actually going to make anything arrive any quicker.

On top of that, if my brief experience in customer service positions has taught me anything it’s that insistent request from particularly irritated customers tends to slow down the entire customer service train. If I have 5 customers that I needed to respond to in an hour, but then I get a phone call or email from a single customer that I have to spend an hour resolving those 5 customers just got bumped back. The more frequently that happens, the more things get bumped back, the more broken the regular chain of operations becomes and frankly the more fucked the whole ordeal becomes for everyone involved.

Is this the route of everything being a bit knackered? Probably not, but it’s at least worth thinking about. Is this a defence of the level of service, not at all, it’s piss poor and that should be unacceptable (but it isn’t because they still see an awful lot of business). Is it the ramblings of someone that’s simply very bored? Yup.

I placed my order knowing I was in no rush at all for the goods to arrive, and with the current climate of logistics that would need to be the case for anything I was ordering outside of the UK irrelevant of precisely where in the world that is.

Anyone had any movement, my order (placed on 12th Feb), has not moved from the UK Warehouse since 23rd Feb...

EDIT: just got off the phone to UPS, no help at all, other telling it hasn't been scanned since 23rd, as per the tracking I can see and to contact the shipper

So both mine have been stuck in Poland for weeks. One of them has just moved but appears to be going in the wrong direction. Has anyone else's shipment gone to Herne-Boernig, Germany

Had a prompt response from TWG:
"All our packages are held in a warehouse in the UK and we are waiting for information from UPS"

Assumingly it's UPS clearing the packages through customs.

Not Taiwangun's fault at all, feel sorry for those guys as it must be impacting them.

1 hour ago, Piman said:

So both mine have been stuck in Poland for weeks. One of them has just moved but appears to be going in the wrong direction. Has anyone else's shipment gone to Herne-Boernig, Germany

Yeah, looks like my package arrived and departed from there today.

Contacted UPS again today. They can't tell me if there is anything further needed but there might be some documentation needed in Poland from Taiwangun. They don't really know and told me to contact the sender. You would think a modern, competent global company might have these things coordinated and linked up in a database allowing clear information and status. You know, like logistics companies do.

James

Would be interesting to see what the journey entails now.UPS tracking is great.

Put an order in for £170 yesterday. Fingers crossed!

On 02/03/2021 at 00:30, RebelScum said:

As a bit of fun I'm going to see if my DHL parcel from Moscow posted this afternoon, arrives before my parcel currently sat for a week in a warehouse in Essex.  I'm betting it does. 

So as expected my parcel from Moscow, thanks to DHL, arrived this morning, clearly demonstrating what courier companies are capable of when they are good.  Customs duties and VAT all paid in advance.  Great tracking and ridiculously quick delivery of 2 days to the UK.  Well done DHL.  In the meantime my poor TG parcel is enjoying a holiday in Essex courtesy of UPS.  I gave up ringing them today as I actually had to do some work after 40 minutes of being on hold.  I think I'll go back to TG next, just so they register what a mess UPS are making of this.

Still the goodies from Russia are most welcome.

20210303_233651.jpg

14 hours ago, Piman said:

Don't worry.  That's the UPS hub in Germany.  They tend to move them through here for UK shipments.  The Europe bit is usually quick-ish; it's once they hit UK shores the problems start.

14 hours ago, Piman said:

Yep. Mine went there first before going back to Poland.

8 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

Don't worry.  That's the UPS hub in Germany.  They tend to move them through here for UK shipments.  The Europe bit is usually quick-ish; it's once they hit UK shores the problems start.

That is not encouraging as one of my shipments has spent 2 weeks in Poland and the other 3 weeks!!! I only have 2 weeks left on my UKARA.

7 hours ago, leadly said:

Put an order in for £170 yesterday. Fingers crossed!

Best of luck! 

It seems that TG may have stopped selling to the UK for a while again until UPS/HMRC get themselves sorted out.

The bulk of the problem is not due to UPS; it is due to those who prepared the "oven ready" deal not only forgetting to buy an oven but also not knowing what an oven is.

Expect things to get a lot worse if the European Parliament  does not ratify the deal due to the UK government unilaterally altering the Northern Ireland Protocol.

So I have just spent 45 minutes on the phone to UPS to try to get the issue escalated and been told it is due to a Brexit issue and has been raised to their Brexit team in Poland. I should expect a call today.

I smell BS.

James

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Piman said:

their Brexit team in Poland

I love the smell of irony in the morning!

• Mostly Retired Moderators

UPS Also holding my Gunfire package hostage for the last week:

image.thumb.png.5fb7cca6f6fd9b647e98e6521211e240.png

Especially annoying because on the 25th of Feb, this little bar had the delivery date down as Wednesday the 3rd.

And then changed to, DELAY - Thursday 4th. Not so bad thought I...

Then changed to: HELD IN WAREHOUSE  - UPS is holding the cargo at a secure facility pending instructions and agreement (but still down for Thursday the 4th).

And then it changed again to it's current description:

image.png.6af35aa4bc7775b77cfb78e4672a9d76.png

Nice 🥴

7 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

image.thumb.png.5fb7cca6f6fd9b647e98e6521211e240.png

Especially annoying because on the 25th of Feb, this little bar had the delivery date down as Wednesday the 3rd.

Then changed to: HELD IN WAREHOUSE  - UPS is holding the cargo at a secure facility pending instructions and agreement (but still down for Thursday the 4th).

image.png.6af35aa4bc7775b77cfb78e4672a9d76.png

Nice 🥴

My order from GF is stuck in the same warehouse, though I only ordered mine a couple of days ago. No RIF in mine which might be a blessing. But I REALLY want the 4 sets of PPS Shell ejection shells, those things are rare as hens teeth! Need to know if my new XM26 even works! 

26 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Nice 🥴

Mine has been there for 3 weeks. I have had a number of estimated delivery dates. I think these are auto generated based on assumptions there are no issues. I would get in contact with UPS as I also had a 'pending instructions' state at one time. I have had to follow up with them twice now with a commercial invoice and firearms declaration. 

6 hours ago, colinjallen said:

The bulk of the problem is not due to UPS; it is due to those who prepared the "oven ready" deal not only forgetting to buy an oven but also not knowing what an oven is.

Trust me.  It's all down to UPS and nothing to do with Brexit.  They can't even move packages inland at the moment, never mind at the border, and they've suspended paying compensation to customers, such is the mess of their logistics.  If you are brave enough just look at current online reviews (I particularly liked the one where someone sent a parcel from the East Midlands to the West Midlands and the delay was blamed on Brexit).  Even Yodel and Hermes do better.  

However, in a development today UPS phoned me to ask me to complete their firearms declaration form.  Just to reiterate this is not a Customs declaration form (Border Force do not require anything separate for RIFs) and this is despite the fact that TG explicitly added my UKARA membership details on the shipping notice and declaration.  It's an unnecessary piece of additional bureaucracy, but who am I to argue as they've got my parcel, and if it helps their clearance team then it's worth doing.  I think @EvilMonkee had a similar request a few days ago, which suggests they are working through the TG shipping container, but given no-one has reported receiving a parcel yet, I think delivery will be a while yet.

Two other things.  I emailed the UPS brokerage desk, just to politely enquire what was going on, which may have prompted the phone call today.  Their address is: [email protected]

I also emailed TG just to let them know that I was one of their UK customers whose parcel was stuck in Essex and that they might want to make enquiries with UPS as the retailer.  This at least brings the problem to the attention of TG, who like many businesses are at the mercy of UPS. 

It looks like TG know now (I have been chasing them several times over my shipment) as they do not appear to be accepting UK orders for now.

I have just now emailed the UPS brokerage so will see what happens. I am getting rather desperate and worried now as my UKARA will run out after next week.

I also had the phone call and subsequent email to fill in a form and send over a ‘proof of value/cost’ (or words to that effect) earlier today.

Certainly not expecting much to move anytime soon, mine is in Dobra Strykow like others above and has been for a few days. But having known the form would need to be filled in I’m glad it’s out of the way so I can go back to ignoring it until it shows up or I’m contacted again.

Did find it funny that the email alongside the form mentioned if I hadn’t provided the required details within 3 days I’d be charged £13 a day for it being stored until details were provided... like it’s going to have moved anywhere within the next 3 days as is... cheeky cnuts 😂.

28 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

Trust me.  It's all down to UPS and nothing to do with Brexit.  They can't even move packages inland at the moment, never mind at the border, and they've suspended paying compensation to customers, such is the mess of their logistics.  If you are brave enough just look at current online reviews (I particularly liked the one where someone sent a parcel from the East Midlands to the West Midlands and the delay was blamed on Brexit).  Even Yodel and Hermes do better.  

However, in a development today UPS phoned me to ask me to complete their firearms declaration form.  Just to reiterate this is not a Customs declaration form (Border Force do not require anything separate for RIFs) and this is despite the fact that TG explicitly added my UKARA membership details on the shipping notice and declaration.  It's an unnecessary piece of additional bureaucracy, but who am I to argue as they've got my parcel, and if it helps their clearance team then it's worth doing.  I think @EvilMonkee had a similar request a few days ago, which suggests they are working through the TG shipping container, but given no-one has reported receiving a parcel yet, I think delivery will be a while yet.

Two other things.  I emailed the UPS brokerage desk, just to politely enquire what was going on, which may have prompted the phone call today.  Their address is: [email protected]

I also emailed TG just to let them know that I was one of their UK customers whose parcel was stuck in Essex and that they might want to make enquiries with UPS as the retailer.  This at least brings the problem to the attention of TG, who like many businesses are at the mercy of UPS. 

It has a hell of  lot to do with Brexit; while UPS may carry some responsibility, most of this is down to entirely predictable issues around border controls and being outside the single market.  Entirely predictable to everyone except the UK government, that is.

Agree it was predictable which is why there is no real issue with any other couriers. The got their plans and resourcing right. UPS however have messed this up big time. The requirements for import are now they same as for the rest of the world. Nothing they should not have been able to handle. This is a UPS issue.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.