Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

6 minutes ago, Piman said:

I have two shipments coming from Taiwangun.

First shipped on 11/02/21 - Fees requested on 15th, paid on 16th through their tracking web page. Since then delivery has been rescheduled 4 or 4 time due to 'Brexit delays' but it is still stuck in Poland. Currently due to be delivered in the next  15 minutes according to their tracker but that is a fast van from Poland!!! Expect it to return to a delayed and await new made up delivery estimate soon.

Second shipped on 19/02/21. In and out of clearance and customs agency in Poland. No request for any payments yet. Still stuck in Poland with 'Brexit delays'

No request yet for further documentation, i.e. Firearms form. If they don't hurry up my UKARA will have expired which would be a disaster.

Latest reviews on line for UPS show horrific delays and customer support so my expectations are low.

Not very encouraging and I will not be ordering from Taiwangun anytime soon. Not because of them but purely because they are using UPS.

James

Same here.  Seems to be different for everybody.  Will let you know if I make any progress with them.  Both my packages were supposed to be delivered yesterday, and the dates have yet to change on UPS website!

I'm looking at a cyma xm177. Is it actually worth getting one from abroad now or just track down one in the UK? With import fees and hostage negotiations it seems like a bit of a ball ache. 

3 minutes ago, THE CHIEF said:

I'm looking at a cyma xm177. Is it actually worth getting one from abroad now or just track down one in the UK? With import fees and hostage negotiations it seems like a bit of a ball ache. 

Its £220 on Dave's CustomAirsoft. PatrolBase seems only to have the C edition. Cant seem to find it on other UK retailers.  Its £100 cheaper on TaiwanGun.  You're probably looking around £30-£40 in brexit charges (give or take a few quid), plus at least 2 weeks wait and £12 initial UPS delivery charge.  So, still works out cheaper if you import it, but are you happy to wait and go through all the brexit red tape? 

18 minutes ago, THE CHIEF said:

First thing is always to see if you can find it in UK and what the price is.

Then you can see if its cheaper from EU or East.

With the Brexit shit its now a bit less beneficial to look outside UK.

Its generally a bit cheaper from EU but keep in mind the hassle in case you have to return it.

Taiwangun is good for returns so if they have what you want then its worth it.

Could also be worth looking at the JG M-4A

oh man, thought it would have smoothed over by now. not long left on the ukara

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

First thing is always to see if you can find it in UK and what the price is.

Then you can see if its cheaper from EU or East.

With the Brexit shit its now a bit less beneficial to look outside UK.

Its generally a bit cheaper from EU but keep in mind the hassle in case you have to return it.

Taiwangun is good for returns so if they have what you want then its worth it.

Could also be worth looking at the JG M-4A

Good points there @EDcase

Buy British if you can and think about having to return it if it fails.

Regards 

6 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Import VAT and duty have been around forever, there's no such thing as a brexit charge.  Makes as much sense as a UKARA license.

Yeah but we haven't had to deal with them separately before.

It makes the final price harder to work out right now.

And of course the crap customs clearing times that are being reported.

My TG parcel is currently stuck at Stanford Le Hope, with the rather ominous message:

"Your package may be delayed due to a required document inspection by the clearing agency."

I rang UPS today and they were less than helpful, asking if a Customs declaration had been completed by the sending company.  Given I have already paid the VAT/duty I explained that the Customs declaration would be on there (otherwise you wouldn't know the value), along with all the necessary UKARA details, which is quoted on the UPS tracking.

Needless to say, and given everyone else's experience of UPS, I'm not anticipating any delivery soon.

It's also worth saying that this appears to be a UPS issue, as I also ordered some kit from Russia with the vendor using DHL about a month ago.  Taxes all paid up front.  Parcel arrived in two days from Moscow.  Postage was about the same price. 

It is possible that the hubs that are used to processing EU imports without any paperwork are really struggling, whilst hubs that are used to customs duties and third country imports are doing OK.  Or it could be that UPS are in meltdown.  The UPS Trustpilot reviews are horrifying...

I ordered from GF on the 8 Feb, arrived in the UK on 16th and is still sat in Essex as of today.  Fucking UPS are useless.

Yes, I believe it really is down to UPS. I got the same message on the tracker for documentation and when I phoned them yesterday they said they needed a commercial invoice. I sent them the invoice that was provide by TG but that was late yesterday and no update yet. In fact it is still due to be delivered yesterday going by the tracker.

James

Just phoned them to check if there was any information they needed apparently not, its just sat in a container waiting to be unloaded....

So the moral here is if your ordering in from anywhere outside of the UK and the company your buying from uses UPS is to either find the product elsewhere who don’t use UPS or expect your delivery in 6-8 weeks ?

1 minute ago, MiK said:

So the moral here is if your ordering in from anywhere outside of the UK and the company your buying from uses UPS is to either find the product elsewhere who don’t use UPS or expect your delivery in 6-8 weeks ?

And always pay by credit card or Paypal.  The Consumer Credit Act is you friend.  

Are Taiwangun legit? Appreciate all of the gripe is with UPS (who are a terrible company, only Yodel are worse) about delivery but as I am in no rush I was looking at a JG MAC10 (a steal at £50) but they aren’t asking for UKARA...

Appreciate that they aren’t a UK retailer but surely they will need this for import? 

55 minutes ago, DRay said:

Are Taiwangun legit? Appreciate all of the gripe is with UPS (who are a terrible company, only Yodel are worse) about delivery but as I am in no rush I was looking at a JG MAC10 (a steal at £50) but they aren’t asking for UKARA...

Appreciate that they aren’t a UK retailer but surely they will need this for import? 

They don’t need UKARA details, you need them - you’re the importer so it’s your problem.

Where possible add it to your delivery address and/or comments. If it’s marked on the package then customs can see it, if not then you get contacted asking about your justification to import 

1 hour ago, DRay said:

Also, be aware that your purchase has to have a minimum value of £140.

1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

They don’t need UKARA details, you need them - you’re the importer so it’s your problem.

Where possible add it to your delivery address and/or comments. If it’s marked on the package then customs can see it, if not then you get contacted asking about your justification to import 

Top advice thank you! Presumably that is a phonecall from UKBF? 

41 minutes ago, colinjallen said:

Also, be aware that your purchase has to have a minimum value of £140.

There is no danger of me coming in under that. New RIF means new mags, pouches, sling and a load of other gizzits that I don’t need but definitely want. 

1 hour ago, DRay said:

Top advice thank you! Presumably that is a phonecall from UKBF? 

Standard practice is you get a letter with a declaration form in the line of :

there is a package which may contain a RIF, and you respond declaring:

It’s not a RIF

It is a RIF, I have a defence & here are the details 

If they get sufficient info on the package then you save the ‘delay’ of a letter & declaration. But currently it’s going to be delayed anyway 

My SOP is to include my UKARA in my shipping address.  Sadly Gunfire seem not to have done this on this occasion, still the bloke I spoke to said that they werent awaiting any further info it is literally just sat in a container

New update - It looks like one of my packages has been released through customs and now has a big green tick next to it (the other package is still in Poland and has the Brexit disruption reason next to it).  Hopefully, the first package should be here very soon. Not much, but its some progress 😄 

2 hours ago, Laserhawk said:

New update - It looks like one of my packages has been released through customs and now has a big green tick next to it (the other package is still in Poland and has the Brexit disruption reason next to it).  Hopefully, the first package should be here very soon. Not much, but its some progress 😄 

I had the same thing - I think that is Polish customs mate so you still have a LONG wait on your hands.  Mine has been sat in Essex since the 16th

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.