Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The new UK import rules from the 1st of January are (as I understand them) :-

Up to £135 - vendor charges UK VAT and pays the VAT to UK govt. - Many vendors are saying it's too much trouble (they have to become UK VAT registered) and won't touch consignments under £135 both EU and worldwide. I think it's duty free under £135 but I'm not sure about that. I'll have to check.

Confirmed

image.png.97ee504e01f5d8d113772098a46bdf99.png

Hong Kong companies already have an agreement to pay UK VAT so may still handle consignments under the £135 limit. Hold-ups from there are due to Covid and flight availability. I've read that e-Express services to the UK resumed this week. 

Over £135 - No VAT charged by vendor. VAT and Duty paid by the carrier in the UK (Post Office, etc) who sends you a bill + handling charge. When you've paid them then they'll deliver. 

Over £900 - VAT registration, import licences etc.

Details are here:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notice-143-a-guide-for-international-post-users/notice-143-a-guide-for-international-post-users

3 hours ago, 38super said:

The new UK import rules from the 1st of January are (as I understand them) :-

Up to £135 - vendor charges UK VAT and pays the VAT to UK govt. - Many vendors are saying it's too much trouble (they have to become UK VAT registered) and won't touch consignments under £135 both EU and worldwide. I think it's duty free under £135 but I'm not sure about that. I'll have to check.

Confirmed

image.png.97ee504e01f5d8d113772098a46bdf99.png

Hong Kong companies already have an agreement to pay UK VAT so may still handle consignments under the £135 limit. Hold-ups from there are due to Covid and flight availability. I've read that e-Express services to the UK resumed this week. 

Over £135 - No VAT charged by vendor. VAT and Duty paid by the carrier in the UK (Post Office, etc) who sends you a bill + handling charge. When you've paid them then they'll deliver. 

Over £900 - VAT registration, import licences etc.

Details are here:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notice-143-a-guide-for-international-post-users/notice-143-a-guide-for-international-post-users

So can I order from TG or not? Haha 

5 hours ago, RonLancs said:

Taiwangun appear to be in Poland. To get orders under £135 they will need to become UK VAT registered. Probably not worth the effort. Orders over £135 should be fine just make sure they don't charge you the VAT.  Problems with logistics due to Brexit/Covid are a whole different game. 

I'm no expert though. Just reading the rules.

EDIT: Looking at their website they don't appear to offer international shipping so they might well be unable to ship to countries outside the EU completely. 

When I try to buy from a Double Alpha in the Netherlands they require a minimum order value of £135 but they definitely ship worldwide.

• Supporters
On 15/01/2021 at 19:48, RonLancs said:

Of course you can. As long as you meet their minimum order limit which to the UK is currently £135.

2 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Of course you can. As long as you meet their minimum order limit which to the UK is currently £135.

Hmm, I dunno man. I wanted to place an order for £220 and it asked me to complete form but gave me nothing to fill in - after speaking to customer service via email that said they couldnt confirm if I could place an order at this time. 

I think TG do not accept UK orders at this time but Gunfire do.

NOTE: Gunfire checkout says 'Including VAT' but they told me that it does NOT so you'll have to add VAT plus Duty plus extra post to that total

• Supporters
2 hours ago, RonLancs said:

A7264993-4187-4A45-83D7-3A956870C9D2.jpeg

31B6A4AB-B177-4263-9DA2-BE374ECFDDA4.jpeg

F992B3E0-4E18-42AF-BF00-11B41ED440C0.jpeg

Yeah, just tried that myself and got the same result. Seems they're just not accepting UK orders at the minute.

I kinda hope that the reason we still can't order from TG is that they are taking the time to do the VAT registration and rejig the website rather than just putting out the standard 'no under £135 orders' that a lot of the foreign Airsoft dealers have. I must admit, I have spent an awful lot of money on Taiwan gun over the years, but mainly lots of little orders.

Regardless, the VAT/duty doesn't really make much difference to the cost of the guns as they charged 23% VAT in Poland anyway, and Airsoft is 20%+3.5% duty as a sports product. I'd like to order a lot of stuff from them at the moment so I'm not too fussed about the 135 limit either way.

To those that say it probably isn't worth the hassle, I would suggest for TaiwanGun it very much is. The UK must be a huge portion of their market, everyone I know buys kit from them, often in 500 quid batches. 

Do you see any other threads about specific foreign retailers regards Brexit? Kinda makes my point. 😂

59 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

So theyre still not taking any uk orders?

They have a thing i want, and it'll be more than 135

Yeaman, I’m in communication with TG and I’ve spoken to Pheas re this briefly (we know he likes his big orders from TG) He reckons it’ll be soon... Dunno if he’s on here? 

I was listening to the Chairsofter podcast from last year and he suggested the likes of Evike may even get involved should EU shipping be a problemo.. Obvs that’ll be at a premium. 

I’m after a CM.097B but I’m not paying PB prices!! 

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

hopefully not too long, mans needs his emotional support grach

raptor MP443?  Was excited, but apparently its a bit like the WE hi-power

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, kasaran said:

raptor MP443?  Was excited, but apparently its a bit like the WE hi-power

yeah, @Asomodai was saying a bunch of folks dont like it.

took a look at the review on arnies and tbh a lot of the issues are stuff i can fix/live with.

for my needs if i can slap a ml autobot in there and lob at least one magful of .32's before refilling i'm happy.

9 minutes ago, maxewc said:

Hey guys, trying to put in my UKARA number, but I can’t find the order commentary. Is it hard to find or am I being stupid?

Scroll up buddy, they’re not currently taking orders. 

1 minute ago, maxewc said:

I know but where is the order commentary 

I don't think you'll be able to get to it due to the aforementioned order issue. 

• Supporters
Just now, RonLancs said:

I don't think you'll be able to get to it due to the aforementioned order issue. 

yeah, they mean one of those "any notes eg leave the package in the coal bunker" type boxes but it's further in the order process than you can get at the minute because they wont let you ship to the uk.

8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yeah, they mean one of those "any notes eg leave the package in the coal bunker" type boxes but it's further in the order process than you can get at the minute because they wont let you ship to the uk.

Oh, right thanks so much. So when the Uk shipping comes back, i just pop the UKARA number and downgrade thing in and I’m good

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, maxewc said:

Oh, right thanks so much. So when the Uk shipping comes back, i just pop the UKARA number and downgrade thing in and I’m good

should be, although i don't know what customs are gonna be like with the new arrangement, in theory it should be fine but you know what civil servants are like.

2 minutes ago, maxewc said:

You shouldn't need to mention the downgrade in the commentary - there's a button on the product page to specify your output before adding to cart.

image.png.28d8d13879de1b11cd10a019c3929789.png

Otherwise, just your UKARA number and downgrade FPS and you should be fine.

Be prepared for VAT + Import Duty + Handling fee from the Courier when you are actually able to order.

Otherwise, if it's a relatively common gun, consider a UK supplier - the price difference will not be as big anymore.

5 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

You shouldn't need to mention the downgrade in the commentary - there's a button on the product page to specify your output before adding to cart.

image.png.28d8d13879de1b11cd10a019c3929789.png

Otherwise, just your UKARA number and downgrade FPS and you should be fine.

Be prepared for VAT + Import Duty + Handling fee from the Courier when you are actually able to order.

Otherwise, if it's a relatively common gun, consider a UK supplier - the price difference will not be as big anymore.

That fps choice  thing is annoying as my regular field fps limit fo aegs is 350 so i have to ask in the order commentary for lower.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.