Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

To be honest it doesn't really bother me.

If I see something I want be it used or new so long as it's in this country I will buy it.

Two advantages to this are; I'm supporting local businesses and if it breaks I can get it sorted easily.

I know I probably pay a bit more but in the grand scheme of things it's not really an enormous saving.

Just my take on it 👍🙂

Regards 

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

This is so annoying. It's the day before I get payed and I had a big order I wanted to get in before before caused any disruption

Use Paypal and select pay after delivery.

4 minutes ago, Shamal said:

If I see something I want be it used or new so long as it's in this country I will buy it.

Two advantages to this are; I'm supporting local businesses and if it breaks I can get it sorted easily.

Problem is, many UK retailers use the likes of TaiwanGun (AKA Krakman) in a wholesale capacity -  UK prices will likely go up as well.

19 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Problem is, many UK retailers use the likes of TaiwanGun (AKA Krakman) in a wholesale capacity -  UK prices will likely go up as well.

They will but it stays relative across the board.👍

Regards 

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Solar said:

I dont really think Brexit is going to be too bad in the grand scheme of things

Good Fellas Hilarious Meme Generator - Imgflip

• The EU, taken as a whole is the UK’s largest trading partner. In 2019, UK exports to the EU were £294 billion (43% of all UK exports). UK imports from the EU were £374 billion (52% of all UK imports).

Source: https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-7851/#:~:text=UK imports from the EU,2006 to 52% in 2019.

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

I know I probably pay a bit more but in the grand scheme of things it's not really an enormous saving.

Just my take on it 👍🙂

Regards 

TBH, i have found price differences on the polish sites of AEG's to be regulary at least £20 to £30 cheaper than a UK seller.  In some cases £100 cheaper. 

Also, you know brexit was a good idea when business people who were pro-leave do this...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brexiteer-billionaire-jim-ratcliffe-moves-his-land-rover-production-to-eu-nj3fkckkk

Clearly they were only in on it to make more money, or dont actually care about 'made in britain'

• Supporters
1 minute ago, kasaran said:

Clearly they were only in on it to make more money, or dont actually care about 'made in britain'

Brexit was cooked up by Tory backbenchers like Rees-Mogg to protect their investments from the upcoming EU tax evasion laws. It was never about independence or taking back control.

I know there is cheaper options in the UK but... but all cost more than gunfire.  which is out of stock at the moment, myself getting one last month from them.

https://gunfire.com/en/products/cm057a-sniper-rifle-replica-1152203495.html

£156.24

or in stock here

https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/products/CYMA_AEG_SVD

for the low low price of £269.95

Thats a Mack's worthy level of price hike. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Shamal said:

Just my take on it 👍🙂

Regards 

One of my biggest reasons for buying most of my kit from out side the UK is the shit service I’ve received over the yrs from most of the uk retailers I’ve dealt with , wether it’s zeromong getting paid for up-grades that they then proceeded to do with used parts , airsoft world sending an obviously 2nd hand gun as new and then saying “of course it looks used we had to test it first(how’d you test it take it to a full days scurmish?) ! Or airsoft armoury sending an order to the wrong address and saying tuff it’s been signed for over to you ! 
so me personally I’m more than happy to take the risk of buying from foreign retailers over UK ones if I’m getting a substantial saving .👍

2 hours ago, kasaran said:

TBH, i have found price differences on the polish sites of AEG's to be regulary at least £20 to £30 cheaper than a UK seller.  In some cases £100 cheaper. 

Wow 100 pounds cheaper? 

That's amazing but how do you get on if you have to send it back because it breaks or would you do repairs yourself and use savings to buy parts. In which case you have forgone warranty?

🤔

Regards 

2 hours ago, kasaran said:

dont actually care about 'made in britain'

I'm not saying I only buy made in Britain, I dont, but I will only buy if it's already in this country. I really like to touch,hold and feel before I part with my filthy lucra 🤭

37 minutes ago, Shamal said:

In which case you have forgone warranty?

What warranty do you get from a UK airsoft company...🤣

A cursory look at Negative Airsoft's videos will reveal the 'quality' of most UK Warranty 'repairs'. I would rather fend for myself and save the cash at the point of purchase.

3 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

A cursory look at Negative Airsoft's videos will reveal the 'quality' of most UK Warranty 'repairs'. I would rather fend for myself and save the cash at the point of purchase.

Yeah take your point☹

But it's a bit like motor repairs. Get your car fixed at one garage,if it breaks again you can take it back, or take it to another repairer who will quickly say "FFS who done this? Bloody monkeys!"

If I'm not able to do work myself then faulty goods keep going back till they are fixed to my satisfaction. 

I'm a builder and if a customer is not happy with work I've done I will work with them until they are happy.(or I tear it all down and kick their cat on way out!) Lol.

No no only joking 🤭👍

Regards 

14 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Poor pussy 😱

Haha.

No no. I love Pussies honest.....

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Wow 100 pounds cheaper? 

That's amazing but how do you get on if you have to send it back because it breaks or would you do repairs yourself and use savings to buy parts. In which case you have forgone warranty?

🤔

Regards 

So far I have been lucky, but then all my guns are stock? So i havent actively messed them up?

Overall, I have bought seven guns from TaiwanGun and Gunfire and not had an issue with any of them.  I had a long period of communication with Gunfire because I would have prefered a wooden stocked SVD, but because of the price difference and brexit I was of with settling on the plastic stocked one.  They made my order and held onto it without me making payment for 3 weeks waiting to find out from CYMA if they were going to make any wooden ones.  Sadly the answer was no.

Apparently they standard time with will hold onto orders without payment is a week.  Im not sure how many other stores would do that for people, but it makes me a bit more trusting over them being reliable in regards to returns if there is a fault.  But I wont lie, I'd likely try and fix things locally if there was an issue, unless it was a major fault.

4 hours ago, Lozart said:

Brexit was cooked up by Tory backbenchers like Rees-Mogg to protect their investments from the upcoming EU tax evasion laws. It was never about independence or taking back control.

I don't  pretend to understand it all. All I'm worried about is how much I have to pay at pump.

But I'm thankful for people like Lozart et al to help make sense of it to the likes of me.

Now leave me in peace I'm beer drinking! 😉🙂👍

Cheers 🎅

• Supporters

I think the suspension of sales at TWG is to do with VAT/WTO

as well as shipment delays at ports (potential tariffs/duty/VAT issues)

Once clarification takes place EU deal/no deal (so called Sunday showdown)

(what another final last chance date AGAIN)

Things will start to settle down

personally I think there will be an ARRANGEMENT than an agreement as such

(like NI, loose (very loose 3~6 month) arrangement for internal markets bill)

Anything ordered after 17th you won't get for Chrimbo and even then not

deffo by New Year with Holidays etc....

11th January is a bit OTT to resume orders, but there could be clarification req

depending on WTO/VAT arrangements to third countries outside EU

Which need to official clarification from Polish/EU officials about tax/VAT

(depending on UK/EU position on 1st Jan)

So as government/official offices won't be back on 2nd Jan but say a week later

then official clarification on VAT & Customs on BOTH sides etc...

TWG have issued a statement for Monday 11th than Monday 4th

Could be clarified sooner, could be storm in a teacup, very little could change

(depends on what is actually decided)

Told ya in another thread get ya orders in early December

and if ya missed out on 10%/15%| BF discount then looks like you will have to wait it out

Could suggest that TWG are pushing for any sales asap, give fence sitters a kick up arse

but hmmm really think it is about VAT/WTO issue & paperwork for shipping/customs etc...

• Supporters
On 11/12/2020 at 21:26, Sitting Duck said:

I think the suspension of sales at TWG is to do with VAT/WTO

as well as shipment delays at ports (potential tariffs/duty/VAT issues)

Once clarification takes place EU deal/no deal (so called Sunday showdown)

(what another final last chance date AGAIN)

Things will start to settle down

personally I think there will be an ARRANGEMENT than an agreement as such

(like NI, loose (very loose 3~6 month) arrangement for internal markets bill)

Anything ordered after 17th you won't get for Chrimbo and even then not

deffo by New Year with Holidays etc....

11th January is a bit OTT to resume orders, but there could be clarification req

depending on WTO/VAT arrangements to third countries outside EU

Which need to official clarification from Polish/EU officials about tax/VAT

(depending on UK/EU position on 1st Jan)

So as government/official offices won't be back on 2nd Jan but say a week later

then official clarification on VAT & Customs on BOTH sides etc...

TWG have issued a statement for Monday 11th than Monday 4th

Could be clarified sooner, could be storm in a teacup, very little could change

(depends on what is actually decided)

Told ya in another thread get ya orders in early December

and if ya missed out on 10%/15%| BF discount then looks like you will have to wait it out

Could suggest that TWG are pushing for any sales asap, give fence sitters a kick up arse

but hmmm really think it is about VAT/WTO issue & paperwork for shipping/customs etc...

I think Jan 11th is being optimistic. I honestly think it'll be an utter clusterfuck until Feb/Mar earliest. Don't forget you're relying on civil servants to get their act together and that never happens quickly.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

I think Jan 11th is being optimistic. I honestly think it'll be an utter clusterfuck until Feb/Mar earliest. Don't forget you're relying on civil servants to get their act together and that never happens quickly.

.... and of course after the politicians make their minds up about what the civil servants are to do

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.