Aks74u B19

Davegolf

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Hi all, can anyone confirm does the Zenit B19 / B19n fit the AKS74U?

Obv with the B11.

Cheers

Perfect timing seeing as i just got a repro set off a member here:

20201208_180317.thumb.jpg.a9105dddea9b1b9d6599c451d2769267.jpg

4 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Hi all, can anyone confirm does the Zenit B19 / B19n fit the AKS74U?

Obv with the B11.

Cheers

Depends on the brand. E&L? No not without a fair bit of modification. 

7 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Depends on the brand. E&L? No not without a fair bit of modification. 

Hell, I had to file down my LCT clone B11 to fit my LCT! And this was after screwing up a real steel one (got it to fit solid but messed up the alignment for the B19N 😅)

52 minutes ago, Shaydee said:

Hell, I had to file down my LCT clone B11 to fit my LCT! And this was after screwing up a real steel one (got it to fit solid but messed up the alignment for the B19N 😅)

Especially the E&L as it's handguard is an extra 1/2 to 1 inch longer on the AKS74U then any other brand! 

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Especially the E&L as it's handguard is an extra 1/2 to 1 inch longer on the AKS74U then any other brand! 

afaik isn't the e&l meant to be closer to RS spec than the other versions?

as i've mentioned before the rule with ak's is "if it don't fit imma make it fit"

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

afaik isn't the e&l meant to be closer to RS spec than the other versions?

as i've mentioned before the rule with ak's is "if it don't fit imma make it fit"

I thought that was the case with the stocks. They use the larger pins like the RS stuff. 

The E&L handguard is longer then even the RS to fit in all the gubbinz I believe, But what gubbinz that is, is anyone guess. 

E&L are also great at replicating RS "knackered alignment" of the front sight with the receiver/rear sight. All three of mine are off. Deploying the hammer to the AKS74U and a buttload of retention compound to massage it into the right place on Thursday. 

I was looking to fit em on an E&L one, can anyone confirm - are they actually longer?

Il be using a RS Zen B11.

I appreciate they all need “tuning” but you can’t mak a hand guard longer! 🙈

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I thought that was the case with the stocks. They use the larger pins like the RS stuff. 

The E&L handguard is longer then even the RS to fit in all the gubbinz I believe, But what gubbinz that is, is anyone guess. 

E&L are also great at replicating RS "knackered alignment" of the front sight with the receiver/rear sight. All three of mine are off. Deploying the hammer to the AKS74U and a buttload of retention compound to massage it into the right place on Thursday. 

not sure on the sidefolders, the only ones i've met that had RS stocks on them were pt5's on standard trunnion

i know their full length ak's fit the rs handguards with very little tweaking  but i've not tried it on one of their u's, but granted they are longer than cyma/jg handguards.

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

I was looking to fit em on an E&L one, can anyone confirm - are they actually longer?

Il be using a RS Zen B11.

I appreciate they all need “tuning” but you can’t mak a hand guard longer! 🙈

They are definitely longer on an E&L AKS74U. You can get the E&L specific 83U style handguard. I think Begadi has them. 

edit: E&L AK 83U Rail Handguard (begadi.com)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.