Thread Lock/Glue Removal From Flash Hider

kasaran

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So i have a G&P M16a1.  but i wanted to put the M16VN flash hider on it.  having spent over a year with it on my fave list on firesupport it finally comes back in stock. 

I immediately buy it, expecting it to be a simple screw on, screw off affair. 

but the birdcage hider on the gun does not shift, and a deep dive of 2013 posts on random forums claim that G&P m4's flash hiders are glued on...

any recommendations for getting this to budge before i see if firesupport are charitable enough to accept a return/resort to selling on here?

Also check the thread direction, G&P have been known to use clockwise threads rather than CCW, you might be trying to tighten it !

heat is your friend! But as above 1st check its not a counter clockwise. thread lock liquifies under heat. but the hard part is not to put to much heat in that you discolour your barrel!

Quick update

Got it off. 

Used the wife's hairdryer on it and it came off fine.   the 3rd to 7th run of thread had a threadlock on it. 

The metal was surprisingly warm, i had to get some gloves

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.