Older People

Lastguest

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So my question is this.

What about people that just want a realistic airsoft weapon for target practice for personal use in their garden or property?

I feel that people of my age would not want to run around circuits and risk potential injuries at 70 plus etc.

Is there a way through this so allowing probably thousands of elderly people the pleasure of enjoying

this pastime. as if not it seems to me discriminatory to say the least.

Any comments greatfuly welcome

Last

1 hour ago, Lastguest said:

So my question is this.

What about people that just want a realistic airsoft weapon for target practice for personal use in their garden or property?

I feel that people of my age would not want to run around circuits and risk potential injuries at 70 plus etc.

Is there a way through this so allowing probably thousands of elderly people the pleasure of enjoying

this pastime. as if not it seems to me discriminatory to say the least.

Any comments greatfuly welcome

Last

There is a provision in the law that allows you to buy an airsoft gun for garden shooting.

That would be an IF rather than a RIF, which means you can have a realistic size, shape and method of operating but in a bright colour 

It would have been hard to justify the colour for garden shooting 

2 hours ago, Lastguest said:

I feel that people of my age would not want to run around circuits and risk potential injuries 

Ah yes but injuries aren't just confined to airsoft sites

I was stalking a squirrel in garden with mk23. Weapon in ready up and extended position giving it my best man from uncle style.

Squirrel ran off laughing as I fell over a two ton concrete frog that has been on patio for ten years!

Cut knee and sprained wrist.

Saved gun though.🤭👍

Regards 

• Supporters

The fact that you can buy literally any Airsoft gun you want is hardly discrimination, the only codicil is it has to be two tone if you don't have a relevant defence.

But as has been pointed out, air rifles & pistols are likely to be better suited to your needs, plus there are a number of air weapons available that are very realistic in form, but fire 4.5 bb's , rifles & pistols, would probably be ideal & no two tone requirements, so look cool on display etc .

you can't buy a non 2 tone airsoft gun even if you possess a class 1 fire arms licence! that means rifles.. people can legally buy a rifle say chambered in 30 odd 6. (7.62 in nato) that can do a lot more damage than a toy gun. so afraid age won't get you anywhere. plus if you want it for plinking in your garden then who cares if its 2 tone? only you will see it

Get yourself a copy of Airgun World and learn about building safe backstops etc.  Then have a look at some of the replica airguns e.g. the K98 replica by, I think Original/Diana.  Far better for target practice than an airsoft sniper.

If you want to do targets without running about, try practical pistol airsoft at your own pace.  

How about a GSG 1911 and Section 1 license at your local gun club?  Some very nice M4, AK, MP40, PPSH and MP5 platforms available.  

As Adolf Hamster says, you can always play airsoft at your own pace on a site.  If my arthritis plays up I am no racehorse I can tell you!

My best kills today were from hiding until the position was overrun and blatting several players in the back as they advanced passed me.  I was sitting down and got myself nice and comfy.  

• 5 weeks later...
On 09/12/2020 at 23:10, Trixxeo said:

you can't buy a non 2 tone airsoft gun even if you possess a class 1 fire arms licence! that means rifles.. people can legally buy a rifle say chambered in 30 odd 6. (7.62 in nato) that can do a lot more damage than a toy gun. so afraid age won't get you anywhere. plus if you want it for plinking in your garden then who cares if its 2 tone? only you will see it

You and a dozen of spy... I mean “safety” cameras around the town.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.