Olight Odin - How to Protect the Lens?

Pixilus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, just recently bought an Olight Odin and found out you can't remove the head to change the lens.

Now I don't really wanna use it in a game without protecting it somehow, any ideas what would be a good way to go about it?

I would think about using some sort of plexiglass but I'm not sure how to do it in a way which would make it removable in case it gets shot out.

Hi Hi Matey, 

After checking the diameter on the Olight site it’s 29mm - I would suggest checking Amazon for 30mm Perspex discs and just use some black electrical tape to attach.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Plastic-Circles-Acrylic-Perspex-Transparent/dp/B077H56829/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=3mm+Perspex+Clear+Plastic+Circles+30mm&qid=1607387427&sr=8-2

you could if you spent a few minutes longer or called the company you could get less than the 40x30mm but for £6.34 for the 40 inc free delivery why not sell some on if they work well ?

13 hours ago, MiK said:

Hi Hi Matey, 

After checking the diameter on the Olight site it’s 29mm - I would suggest checking Amazon for 30mm Perspex discs and just use some black electrical tape to attach.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Plastic-Circles-Acrylic-Perspex-Transparent/dp/B077H56829/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=3mm+Perspex+Clear+Plastic+Circles+30mm&qid=1607387427&sr=8-2

you could if you spent a few minutes longer or called the company you could get less than the 40x30mm but for £6.34 for the 40 inc free delivery why not sell some on if they work well ?

Thanks, I think I'll give that a go. I've already got some perspex, I'll just cut it and see if I can get it to stay with some tape.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.