Specna Arms H20 - Gate Aster Etc but Needs Work.

L3wisD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I've decided I've got too many guns, and too much debt.

So this one is being put on the pile to go at some point. And also because it's a misbehaving fucking twunt.

It's my Specna Arms H20. Which is the CQB length 416 (Edge 2.0 variety).

Which means it has a Gate Aster installed as standard, hi-torque motor and coated recievers and rails.

Original box etc.

I've changed the stock for a CTR style thing. A stick battery fits in the buffer tube no problems.

I've also colour filled the Specna trades on the receiver. Flash hider replaced by a fat stumpy silencer.

Now.. this gun has some issues. It's only been used in one game scenario at Red Alert Newbury, because quite frankly it misbehaves too much for me to give it any real use.

The outer Barrel has an upward/downward movement. Not really noticeable until you grab the barrel and thonk it up and down.

The rail has a slight up/down wobble, but has no more adjustment on the Hex bolt to tighten it.

The dust cover got bent beyond fixing the first time I took the upper receiver off. The One series (E&C) dust covers do not fit and you can't buy Edge Series spares yet. So it's missing.

The little nub on the ejection port that keeps it closed has snapped not once, but twice. So it doesn't close.

Even if it did close you wouldn't want it to because the charging handle doesn't open it!

The Gate aster has had its firmware updated and it's been calibrated but will sometimes only fire, say, 4 out of 5 times of pulling the trigger.

The trigger guard rattles.

Having said all that, it is usable and could be used as is if you can forgive the odd knock from the front end.

The gearbox sounds good and gives a nice quiet "Zip" when Firing. And it has a ZCI Rotary hop and Maple Leaf 50° rubber. 

They sell for about £200 new - thinking £130? 

Should be a good gun once it's had its issues ironed out. I just can't be arsed lol.

IMG_20201207_214745.jpg

IMG_20201207_214820.jpg

IMG_20201207_214811.jpg

IMG_20201207_212408.jpg

• Supporters
16 hours ago, L3wisD said:

I've decided I've got too many guns, and too much debt.

So this one is being put on the pile to go at some point. And also because it's a misbehaving fucking twunt.

It's my Specna Arms H20. Which is the CQB length 416 (Edge 2.0 variety).

Which means it has a Gate Aster installed as standard, hi-torque motor and coated recievers and rails.

Original box etc.

I've changed the stock for a CTR style thing. A stick battery fits in the buffer tube no problems.

I've also colour filled the Specna trades on the receiver. Flash hider replaced by a fat stumpy silencer.

Now.. this gun has some issues. It's only been used in one game scenario at Red Alert Newbury, because quite frankly it misbehaves too much for me to give it any real use.

The outer Barrel has an upward/downward movement. Not really noticeable until you grab the barrel and thonk it up and down.

The rail has a slight up/down wobble, but has no more adjustment on the Hex bolt to tighten it.

The dust cover got bent beyond fixing the first time I took the upper receiver off. The One series (E&C) dust covers do not fit and you can't buy Edge Series spares yet. So it's missing.

The little nub on the ejection port that keeps it closed has snapped not once, but twice. So it doesn't close.

Even if it did close you wouldn't want it to because the charging handle doesn't open it!

The Gate aster has had its firmware updated and it's been calibrated but will sometimes only first, say, 4 out of 5 times of pulling the trigger.

The trigger guard rattles.

Having said all that, it is usable and could be used as is if you can forgive the odd knock from the front end.

The gearbox sounds good and gives a nice quiet "Zip" when Firing. And it has a ZCI Rotary hop and Maple Leaf 50° rubber. 

They sell for about £200 new - thinking £130? 

Should be a good gun once it's had its issues ironed out. I just can't be arsed lol.

IMG_20201207_214745.jpg

IMG_20201207_214820.jpg

IMG_20201207_214811.jpg

IMG_20201207_212408.jpg

PM me.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.