Cleaning DPM?

Bagerz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I was just wondering how you clean your DPM clothes, i stick them in the washing machine and they fade like a bitch.

I go airsofting quite a bit and as i sweat so much from being fat, my clothes always need a wash after.

Low temp wash (they shouldn't fade in the wash, but it can happen)

Don't hang them out in the sun to dry (so either in the shade, tumble dryer, radiator...)

Don't worry if it does fade.

Real DPM (and dessie, and MTP) fades in the sun.

I saw my cousin's gear before he went to Afghanistan. I saw it after he returned (3 months)- the sun had bleached both his (surplus)dessie DPM and MTP it a really pale colour. And that was just from the sun alone.

I dont mind my ddpm fading but im a bit of a girl when it comes to my woodland dpm, i think it looks untidy so when it starts to fade i generally replace it with new stuff.

Ahh thank you all, i normally wash on about 60 but will use 30 instead, i also normally hang them out in the sun, so i will just dry it on the radiator and see how it goes.

I remember when I was in, we wanted our S95 DPM to fade so we did not look so much like new guys and fitted in quicker. Also when faded it is actually a bit more effective as camo as the definition between the colours is blended a bit.

Archived