Guarder P226 Black and Chrome 5 Mags

MistakenMexican

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I have a TM P226 with full guarder kit and 5 mags that I want to sell. This P226 was originally bought from Heroshark many years ago (2014). From what I remember, he made two P226s, one chrome and black, one black and chrome. I bought the black and chrome off him from the zero in forum. Originally it was well used, so I ended up having to get a new Guarder body kit for it. The new body kit hasn't seen a huge amount of wear. At the time, Luke from Negative Airsoft fixed it and set it all up. It hasn't missed a beat since.

The pistol runs happily on green gas. 310fps roughly. 

Here's a list of what's gone into it:

• Genuine Hogue Grips.
  • Laylax compensator black.
  • Guarder lower black.
  • Guarder slide black. 
  • Guarder Barrel Chrome.
  • Guarder funish (takedown, decock, slide stop, trigger, recoil rod and screws) Chrome.
  • laylax tritium sights
  • tight bore barrel and hop rubber (maple leaf)
  • Magazines have shims and laylax gas routers.
  • Various trigger and BBU parts have been replaced or upgraded due to wear - but I wouldn't say it's a selling point.

Points to note:

The slide is worn from using a holster.

1 of the screws are missing - I'm happy to replace these.

barrel is worn slightly due to contact with slide.

If I've missed any details that would determine the valuation, let me know :)

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

Edited by MistakenMexican
missed out the fact it came with 5 mags. added genuine hogue grips

• MistakenMexican changed the title to Guarder P226 Black and Chrome 5 Mags

Add up the price of everything new, take off the price of standard TM parts not included (eg, if pistol is  £140 new, but original slide & frame are £70 new, you need to take that off).

Multiply what you have left by 70%, there’s your value.

A few things to consider though.

Expensive pistols (other than competition hi-capa’s) are difficult to sell (anything over £200 used)

It’s an old build so might affect sale

Caveat that with any parts that are desirable but no longer made, they could easily be worth way more than retail.

Bloody nice pistol, I really like it 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Add up the price of everything new, take off the price of standard TM parts not included (eg, if pistol is  £140 new, but original slide & frame are £70 new, you need to take that off).

Multiply what you have left by 70%, there’s your value.

A few things to consider though.

Expensive pistols (other than competition hi-capa’s) are difficult to sell (anything over £200 used)

It’s an old build so might affect sale

Caveat that with any parts that are desirable but no longer made, they could easily be worth way more than retail.

Bloody nice pistol, I really like it 👍🏻

Thanks - I'll work it out! £200-£250 is what I was hoping for, but I wanted a sanity check. By the sounds of it, £250 is probably wishful.

Just now, MistakenMexican said:

Thanks - I'll work it out! £200-£250 is what I was hoping for, but I wanted a sanity check. By the sounds of it, £250 is probably wishful.

Don’t forget to factor on the mag prices. You may get more if you sell it with one mag and the others seperatly

Doing the math, all the parts added - all the parts remove plus 5 mags * 70% is about £280 :)

This is the first gen P226 with first gen guarder kit. As far as im aware, you can't get either anymore. It's all the gen 2 pistols.

Lets see what other people say.

28 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

What’s the difference between the gens, collectable differences? 

The gen 1 TM P226 was only produced until 2010 - same with the guarder kits. They're discontinued both in terms of the TM pistol and the guarder kit once the E2 was in production. The Gen 1 and E2 are generations of SS P226 in the real world. 

The P226 E2 (e-squared), was produced from 2010 onwards. Its the newer, more ergonomic P226. I've included a wikipedia page regarding the di

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_Sauer_P226

47 minutes ago, MistakenMexican said:

The gen 1 TM P226 was only produced until 2010 - same with the guarder kits. They're discontinued both in terms of the TM pistol and the guarder kit once the E2 was in production. The Gen 1 and E2 are generations of SS P226 in the real world. 

The P226 E2 (e-squared), was produced from 2010 onwards. Its the newer, more ergonomic P226. I've included a wikipedia page regarding the di

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIG_Sauer_P226

Does that make it more or less desirable though?

Just trying to gauge whether it would sell for a premium.

Ive always struggled to sell pistols that are more than £200, but I think you’re right, you’re is worth around the price you think.

See if anybody else chimes in

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.