Gbbr Bucking Hardness?

Lollingsgrad

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm new to GBBRs, with AEGs I normally just go softer because I've not had wear issues and you get more lift with less pressure. However my guess would be that softer rubbers are more affected by the temperature drop from the gas. Would I be right in guessing I should go as hard as possible for consistent hop?

I can see where you are coming from, but that’s a lot of fire to chill down that much.

Playing at this time of year you also wouldn’t want a hard bucking as the ambient temp alone will make it so hard it will reduce friction/backspin.

Also factor in the bucking has to take the nozzle fairly deeply and aggressively.

50-60D is fine for most sub DMR FPS.

Silicone is more temperature stable but they can be mechanically weaker than rubber.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bunch of GBBRs I run 50 degree hop buckings in all of them except for my 450fps MWS MK12 build and in that I only go up to 60 degree.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.