Limited Amo Games....

Gorilla316

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

as mentioned milsim type events tend to have restricted ammo.

i'm kind of for it in a milder interpretation for regular skirmishing as well, nothing too mad just say 1000 rounds per game or something like that.

would maybe help with the hicap heroes cutting down every bush that twitches at 50rps.

24 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

indeed, but proper support guns, not an arp with a drum mag

Absolutely. Some I have been to have list of guns approved, others it was characteristic (bipod/length).

Some guns are a bit of a grey area like the MG 36. 

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, DerDer said:

Absolutely. Some I have been to have list of guns approved, others it was characteristic (bipod/length).

Some guns are a bit of a grey area like the MG 36. 

i'd do it simply on weight, you want to carry a 5000 round box mag you're gonna have to lug around a 10lb+ gun

means you can avoid the plastic m249's as well.

Seen a few simple rules work well. You are limited to 7 mags of 30 rounds (unless GBB then can carry as many as you like) reload at spawn. If you wanted to use a highcap or have unlimited ammo you had to carry a pack weighing at least 40 pounds.  Made the "machine gunners" act more like gunners.

Armour rules also makes games more interesting. If you had plates weighing at least 5 pounds each you got 3 lives before having to respawn first two anyone could apply a "bandage" 3rd you had to drink a water bottle from a medic where as those that did not only had one "bandage" revive. This then also opens the medic roll humping water around all day and lots of doctors and nurses RP.

Another aspect that makes games more interesting is objective based play where pew pew is of a secondary nature. I spent most of my first day at a 24hr in a bush trying to make out what the other team had written on boards around their HQ turns out it was their command radio frequency we could then listen in on.

Sorry I am rambling.

TLDR Yes limiting ammo makes for more of a tactical game but not necessary any less fun.

I like the idea of limited ammo games, but I'm also not a massive fan of milsim. Then again, I do snipery things, so limited ammo is just a normal day for me. VSR mags can only hold so many BBs...

If you really want some fun try limiting your ammo in a normal skirmish. You really have to think about what you're doing when you've got 3 40 round mags in a GBBR and everyone else has multiple high caps 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Cannonfodder said:

If you really want some fun try limiting your ammo in a normal skirmish. You really have to think about what you're doing when you've got 3 40 round mags in a GBBR and everyone else has multiple high caps 

i like to call that "airsoft hardmode"

it is pretty fun, having to be careful to pick your fights and rely on the rest of your team keeping their team occupied.

Definitely a case of pick your shots and don't stay in the same spot. It helps if you're a sneaky little bugger who can pop out from unexpected places. 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Definitely a case of pick your shots and don't stay in the same spot. It helps if you're a sneaky little bugger who can pop out from unexpected places. 

true, although the site and game does need to allow sneaky flanking maneuvers

the big issue i find is you can spend ages getting into position then one shot and the whole site knows where you are :P

28 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

true, although the site and game does need to allow sneaky flanking maneuvers

the big issue i find is you can spend ages getting into position then one shot and the whole site knows where you are :P

Or at the very least that one guy you just hit goes back to respawn and brings like half a dozen people just to flush you out.

The number of times this has happened to me and my ghillie shenanigans

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Impulse said:

Or at the very least that one guy you just hit goes back to respawn and brings like half a dozen people just to flush you out.

The number of times this has happened to me and my ghillie shenanigans

absolutely, i've ran with some pretty damn quiet gats in the past and it doesn't matter how little noise it makes when the guy you just hit knows where you are.

Did a private game at strikeforce few years back. Rules where you could carry any gun with 50bbs or less per mag and no tac gear bar holsters. Was one of the best days out I've had.

49 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Did a private game at strikeforce few years back. Rules where you could carry any gun with 50bbs or less per mag and no tac gear bar holsters. Was one of the best days out I've had.

I think that would actually get me to dig out my old dropleg holster, because it has a mag pouch on the front! Sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.

One of the games we play at my local is a strict semi only game. There’s no restriction on the amount of ammo you can use but it sure as hell changes the dynamics and it makes you think more about tactics etc. 

Gunman Airsoft Filmsim games are ammo limited.  Not MilSim but FilmSim, slight difference but a good ruleset I have enjoyed for years.  Makes support guns actually worth having.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.