Cyma Ak47 Stock

JME

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, JME said:

all the information has been really helpful. I’ve taken everything apart and cleaned and relubed it and I feel comfortable doing it again. I have one issue and it’s when I do put the pistol grip. If I do it up so the screw is secured the motor locks up. This might not be the motor but the gun does seize up. 

Do you mean the adjuster in the motor cage or the external grip screw?

The adjuster normally you set for lowest noise, start tight (locked up) and work your way looser, better a lockup than chewed gears.

If its the external grip screw it could be too long, it can happen with ak's that tightening up the grip will hit the motor adjuster and overtighten it, i'd suggest some washers rather than cutting the screw just in case that's not the problem.

1 hour ago, JME said:

So to get a better seal I put some molly grease in the cylinder and around the piston o ring. I’m getting a consistent 290fps. I’d like it to be a bit higher. The compression felt good when I applied the grease. I wasn’t comfortable skirmishing with 215fps but maybe I might give this gun a game Sunday. 

does anyone have any ideas what to do next? Maybe a new hop up bucking?

thank you guys. I wouldn’t be at this stage without you. I’ve learnt a lot about my gun now and I feel a lot more confident 

290 could be what the spring is capable of, i'm guessing you checked compression with the nozzle in place too?

The other area where there could be a leak is between the bucking and nozzle, you can try feeling for air (or using a bit of paper) on the feed tube to see if there's any air escaping from there.

If there is a leak, assuming its a correct length nozzle with no damage then the culprit is the hop rubber, might be worn, torn, or poorly installed. However seeing as a good next upgrade to consider is a hop rubber then maybe not too big a problem.

Personally i'd give the macaron/omega nub combo @Speedbird_666 linked a go, should get her lifting some hefty ammo no problem.

if you're absolutely sure that the air seal is good then you can look at a spring change, although 290 should be fieldable unless you play a range heavy game.

18 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Do you mean the adjuster in the motor cage or the external grip screw?

The adjuster normally you set for lowest noise, start tight (locked up) and work your way looser, better a lockup than chewed gears.

If its the external grip screw it could be too long, it can happen with ak's that tightening up the grip will hit the motor adjuster and overtighten it, i'd suggest some washers rather than cutting the screw just in case that's not the problem.

290 could be what the spring is capable of, i'm guessing you checked compression with the nozzle in place too?

The other area where there could be a leak is between the bucking and nozzle, you can try feeling for air (or using a bit of paper) on the feed tube to see if there's any air escaping from there.

If there is a leak, assuming its a correct length nozzle with no damage then the culprit is the hop rubber, might be worn, torn, or poorly installed. However seeing as a good next upgrade to consider is a hop rubber then maybe not too big a problem.

Personally i'd give the macaron/omega nub combo @Speedbird_666 linked a go, should get her lifting some hefty ammo no problem.

if you're absolutely sure that the air seal is good then you can look at a spring change, although 290 should be fieldable unless you play a range heavy game.

It turns out the hop up was on full. When off it runs 335 so that was one of the issues. Thank you 

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, JME said:

It turns out the hop up was on full. When off it runs 335 so that was one of the issues. Thank you 

Ahh yes, the sneaky bugger.

Changing rubber to a macaron should up the energy a little by not needing the same pressure to get the spin, add some .32's and a good clean barrel you're laughing.

19 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Ahh yes, the sneaky bugger.

Changing rubber to a macaron should up the energy a little by not needing the same pressure to get the spin, add some .32's and a good clean barrel you're laughing.

I will try this. The AK was intended to be a back up gun to my VFC M27 (416). But today I couldn’t use the HK M27 so I used the cyma ak. the M27 hop up is far too tight. Even when the hop is on the lowest setting the gun over hops and misfires and two bbs come out on the next shot, and when the hop up is on full it just jams and won’t feed. Do you recommend a hop up for this gun also?

• Supporters

As a general rule i tend to use the macaron+omega nub combo in all my guns. Tan for general use (which for me is in the .3 range) or green if i wanna shift the heavies.

Some guns however might not like the longer feed lips on the maple leaf stuff so i'd use the pdi w-hop with standard nub, but that's pretty much based on trying and seeing.

Of course those are just my personal go-to's and as the yanks would say your milage may vary.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.