Barrel Length to Power in Joule

MrFleak

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I installed wolverine bolt in my new TM vsr 10. Quite happy since it is the first time I've done something like this.

The max power with .4 I get (120PSI) is 1.9Joule. My field limit is 3Joule for bolt-action snipers :D I do not wish to use more than 120PSI since it is the max recommended PSI. I have a 6.01 inner barrel so the only thing that I know of that can make my rifle shoot stronger is the barrel length. I have the TM vsr 10 Gspec so the inner barrel is 303mm if I'm not mistaking.

The question is, what length do I need to make it shoot 3-3.5Joule? I really, really, really like silencers so, that kind of adds up to the length a bunch and if I go straight for 550mm + silencer, that is some scimitar right there and I don't really know if it is as long as I think since I unfortunately have no comparison or way to check it. I would like to have approximately 3.5Joule power at around 110PSI(Preferably with 90-100PSI) with as short barrel as possible.

Was hoping that 430mm would be enough but, I'm guessing it wont? Will maybe 500 do the trick then or do I have to go 550? Also how long is really 550? And can I take any VSR 10 compatible outerbarrel?

Might have forgot to add some information, tell me if I did. Totally new to HPA.

Thanks in advance! :)

First and foremost, where on earth is using those limits?

On to the question. General reports on the usual Facebook groups seems to be that a barrel in the region of 430mm, with a good air seal is achieving 2.2-2.3 joules anywhere between 80-110 PSI. I’m assuming this variance is down to a combination of air seal, hop up components and barrel bore.

Based on that you’ll want it longer than 430, how much longer? Not a clue. Probably worth jumping into that group and asking, most folks on this forum would be aiming for 2.3 joules given our limits.

38 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

First and foremost, where on earth is using those limits?

On to the question. General reports on the usual Facebook groups seems to be that a barrel in the region of 430mm, with a good air seal is achieving 2.2-2.3 joules anywhere between 80-110 PSI. I’m assuming this variance is down to a combination of air seal, hop up components and barrel bore.

Based on that you’ll want it longer than 430, how much longer? Not a clue. Probably worth jumping into that group and asking, most folks on this forum would be aiming for 2.3 joules given our limits.

The cold up north is making people a bit nuts :D We need some heat from the bbs o.O

I will try the facebook group you linked and thanks for that. I did actually get so many o-rings with the kit but, since I am new to this, didn't really understand what to do with them. I haven't tested the air seal yet, I will do this very soon. Just wish i had a long barrel to try holding it to see how it feels :D

27 minutes ago, DerDer said:

Glad I don't play airsoft in Norway. 

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

isn't 3 joules a bit spicy for an english site?

You guys are welcome to join any time :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.