Afuk Meet up 3.0

Robert James

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Pick a date  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Month

2. 2. Day

So here is an odd one, anyone traveling down from Coventry/birmingham that wants to share fuel costs? 

I would be able to bail on family commitments but the train prices are a tough justification.

@MiK i'll be near Binley /se cov visiting family. 

I had planned on going solo to Warzone on the Sunday as a consolation prize for missing out on the z-mart fun

@Jaylordofwaargh weeeellllllll ……….. instead it going M1 > A43 > M40 > A34 I could come M69 > A46 > M40 > A34 and it only adds 11 minutes to the journey but the major issue is I can’t do the night game - I did fancy a bit of CQB tho, BUT I would be interested in doing something more local  have you ever been to that Hells CQB site in Derby ? Looks interesting but I am still leaning towards going Newbury for the 1200-1800 game on the 31st.

I will PM you tho to keep the thread clear for Zmart evening event

Edited by MiK

You know in the movies when someone’s hiding a zombie bite and their condition gradually worsens to the point of no longer being able to hide it?

When this was first arranged, I had normal(ish) kit. Lockdowns happened and the decline set in. Now I’m going to be Ghostbusting with at least one Hi-Capa on my person, probably two.

This needs to happen before I have to shoot myself before the final stages of speedsoftism set in

Edit: I don’t think it’s fatal yet. Zombies go “aauurrghh”, Speedsofters go “Bro, I hit you dude!”. At least I’m not there yet

Edited by Alimcd

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - bit of bad news - I have to work on this date now and cannot get out of it. 

Since i've had to move dates around already and I know a few people changed things around to get this sorted - I need to hand this over to someone else OR it will be cancelled. 

I'm happy to refund anyone now, or you can wait until a replacement is found to carry on the booking. Its pretty much all done you just need to nail the numbers down and chase people for money. 

I'll give it a couple days, if nobody taking over ill cancel - i have informed Luke already.  DM me if you want a refund, you'll have to give me some sort of idea of whom im looking out for in the account though. 

Thanks and love. Sorry. 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Robert James said:

Ok - bit of bad news - I have to work on this date now and cannot get out of it. 

Since i've had to move dates around already and I know a few people changed things around to get this sorted - I need to hand this over to someone else OR it will be cancelled. 

I'm happy to refund anyone now, or you can wait until a replacement is found to carry on the booking. Its pretty much all done you just need to nail the numbers down and chase people for money. 

I'll give it a couple days, if nobody taking over ill cancel - i have informed Luke already.  DM me if you want a refund, you'll have to give me some sort of idea of whom im looking out for in the account though. 

Thanks and love. Sorry. 

Organising these things is always a bit of a bastard, feel for you.

1 hour ago, heroshark said:

Well we could always get a few together booked in for the sat or Sunday game. If anyone fancies it . Think I will regardless.

Yeah. Could easily make this an ad-hoc thing, rather than a private game. It's still a laugh. I'll do the same :) (If we don't continue going private)

Thanks for trying to get it organised @Robert James - fully understand the work situation, it happens.

Edited by DrAlexanderTobacco

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got any news on wether the meet is still going ahead?

Need to know ASAP, as if not i may be able to book in at another site

@heroshark @Barny  @Asomodai  @GAMBLE @Tackle @leadly @MiK  @L3wisD @Seany.exe @Alimcd @Sneaky @Keldon 

On 04/07/2021 at 16:58, Robert James said:

OR it will be cancelled. 

Anyone know if the meet is going ahead? Or has it been cancelled?

Dont want to travel and find im the only one that turned up.

Apologies for the tag spam, but i didnt get a reply to my post from last week

Edited by Spartan09

• Supporters

Not sure, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to attend anyway ☹️

@Spartan09 I also don’t have a scooby, I wasn’t going as the times are later than I thought it was and even if I would have gone my Airsoft time is on semi-permanent hold, my shoulders is still foobarred so I’m gonna actually do what I’m told by the physio and not do anything stupid like Airsoft for at least another 4-6 weeks ;/ 

The moral of the story is “This is not what to do to a shoulder when it’s already classed as a adhesive/frozen” ie go tits up and a slope and land on it 🤡

6 minutes ago, MiK said:

@Spartan09 I also don’t have a scooby, I wasn’t going as the times are later than I thought it was and even if I would have gone my Airsoft time is on semi-permanent hold, my shoulders is still foobarred so I’m gonna actually do what I’m told by the physio and not do anything stupid like Airsoft for at least another 4-6 weeks ;/ 

The moral of the story is “This is not what to do to a shoulder when it’s already classed as a adhesive/frozen” ie go tits up and a slope and land on it 🤡

Sorry to hear that.   Hope you recover soon

8 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

@heroshark @Barny  @Asomodai  @GAMBLE @Tackle @leadly @MiK  @L3wisD @Seany.exe @Alimcd @Sneaky @Keldon 

Anyone know if the meet is going ahead? Or has it been cancelled?

Dont want to travel and find im the only one that turned up.

Apologies for the tag spam, but i didnt get a reply to my post from last week

It's cancelled. Nobody replied to take over. Sorry for not replying, been extremely busy.

13 hours ago, Robert James said:

It's cancelled. Nobody replied to take over. Sorry for not replying, been extremely busy.

No worries.  Thanks for letting me know.  

Will the meet be rescheduled to another date again?

42 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

No worries.  Thanks for letting me know.  

Will the meet be rescheduled to another date again?

At this point, no. I've messed luke around enough with dates etc and it's almost impossible to get an answer from some. 

On 31/07/2021 at 13:41, Robert James said:

At this point, no. I've messed luke around enough with dates etc and it's almost impossible to get an answer from some. 

Fair enough.

• Supporters
On 30/07/2021 at 23:44, Robert James said:

On 31/07/2021 at 13:41, Robert James said:

It is always the way everybody says they want it then when it comes time to actually commit they fanny around.

You did your best and it is a shame no one could step up and take over but not surprising that no one had the fibre to make the effort themselves.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.