Afuk Meet up 3.0

Robert James

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Pick a date  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Month

2. 2. Day

I'm easy with either date. No strong preference

Thinking about getting a T Shirt printed with my avatar on it so you'll who who I am/who to avoid!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Alimcd said:

Thinking about getting a T Shirt printed with my avatar on it so you'll who who I am/who to avoid!

Or who to shoot 😜

2 hours ago, Alimcd said:

I was toying with getting my Avatar made as shoulder patches for the same reason. 

Just now, Speedbird_666 said:

I was toying with getting my Avatar made as shoulder patches for the same reason. 

I think that's a good idea. Would help to identify forum members at different sites. 

If you find someone to do it give a heads up.👍

I would have a go but my embroidery is crap!

Regards 

It’s one thing I can’t actually craft (yet) but I look like my avatar and I’ll be rocking my reverse bandoleer with my AFUK patch on it so I’ll be easy enough to spot (and the fact I swear like a trooper when I get tagged 😜 )

30 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I think that's a good idea. Would help to identify forum members at different sites. 

Regards 

I was planning to use Stitch me up:

https://www.stitchmeup.biz/

Just gotta work out how to use Adobe Illustrator again (to create the Vector file) - It's been a good few years since I last touched it.

6 minutes ago, MiK said:

It’s one thing I can’t actually craft (yet) but I look like my avatar and I’ll be rocking my reverse bandoleer with my AFUK patch on it so I’ll be easy enough to spot (and the fact I swear like a trooper when I get tagged 😜 )

Fuck yeah me to. Lol

6 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Just gotta work out how to use Adobe Illustrator again (to create the Vector file) - It's been a good few years since I last touched it.

Can't you just ping them a photo?

7 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

they will take .PNG or .JPG files buddeh - so just draw/edit/rob that image

I was thinking a polymer one > https://www.stitchmeup.biz/emb-kawaii

3 hours ago, Shamal said:

Regards 

3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I got my avatar made into patches from stitchmeup.  Very happy with the quality, and was a quick turnaround too.

20210511_165348.jpg

20210511_165338.jpg

@Spartan09 They did a great job on those patches.

@MiK I know they accept .Jpg etc, but I want a 'cartoonised' version of the avatar with blocked-out colours (think The Simpsons rather than a photo) to simplify it for patch making. I'm using Photoshop at the moment as I suck at Illustrator.

10 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

…….  I want a 'cartoonised' version of the avatar with blocked-out colours (think The Simpsons rather than a photo) to simplify it for patch making. I'm using Photoshop at the moment as I suck at Illustrator.

there ya go bud 1 x simpson’ed version of kim jong il 

F0D15D4E-3A07-480F-8CE7-3F52456CE621.jpeg

Edited by MiK

For all those involved, I've emailed and asked for the 31st as this was most requested. 

For all of those that have NOT paid, please start to think about paying as it needs to be paid before we get there, need 26 total players minimum otherwise its more expensive. 

Pm me with numbers you'll have with you and I'll reply with bank details. Thanks. Any questions post below.

Damn, well 31st and i am out. Will have to be around town or when i i visit other parts if the country.

Sadly I can't make the 31st, so will have to sit this one out.

Everyone who has previously shown interest has been PM'd as have people that have said theyre coming.

to confirm

1830 - 2300 on the 31st July

£25.00 per player, if we can get 25 players minimum

Places still available - we are on around 19/20 players at the moment but most havent paid. 

Edited by Robert James

Sadly I will be in the South West at that point. Have a good time all! 

I was sooo ‘up’ for the AFUK meet up thinking it’s was 1200-1800, but as I have just informed Robert I am unable to do a late night session to family commitments but since I have a “Airsoft’ing Pass” from the wife for the afternoon I am tempted to still head to Z-Mart for their afternoon time slot but just book in as a “walk-on” for the 31st or find a ‘skirmish’ elsewhere.

51 minutes ago, MiK said:

I was sooo ‘up’ for the AFUK meet up thinking it’s was 1200-1800, but as I have just informed Robert I am unable to do a late night session to family commitments but since I have a “Airsoft’ing Pass” from the wife for the afternoon I am tempted to still head to Z-Mart for their afternoon time slot but just book in as a “walk-on” for the 31st or find a ‘skirmish’ elsewhere.

I'm in the same boat. I assumed that I would be home by ~7:30-8pm for another commitment and I have to be up at 5am the next morning as well.

Trying to rearrange some stuff at the moment, but it's looking 50/50 as to whether I can go.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.