Afuk Meet up 3.0

Robert James

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Pick a date  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Month

2. 2. Day

I cant really see us being able to play, it might be wiser to move it to March but happy whatever. 

It might rule me out though as if we end up back in tiers I will likely have to travel through tiers which may be an issue and I know the mrs would probably not want me to play as her mum is in our bubble and vulnerable.

I am never going to play at Zmart it seems ffs :(   

2 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Yeah no dramas from me, happy for you to keep the cash as a deposit until say, April. Then I might get in touch.

5 hours ago, heroshark said:

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. If it's pushed on 13th or 27th of March would be doable for me

16 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

im happy to wait until mid february to see what happens.  who knows, we might get a break...

(i know, i know...   but it doesnt hurt to be optimistic  =P )

58 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

I cant really see us being able to play, it might be wiser to move it to March but happy whatever. 

It might rule me out though as if we end up back in tiers I will likely have to travel through tiers which may be an issue and I know the mrs would probably not want me to play as her mum is in our bubble and vulnerable.

I am never going to play at Zmart it seems ffs :(   

Lets see what they say mid feb. If we climb out of Lockdown and hopefully go into low tiers, ill push it back to March or April. If not, then i'll refund everyone.

I didn't want to add my pessimistic view of when tiers were going to relax but I think you're on the right trak aiming for April.

At least then the weather may be better so an outdoor event may be more viable? More people, less internal covid policies etc?

9 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Yeah no dramas from me, happy for you to keep the cash as a deposit until say, April. Then I might get in touch.

Agreed.

Hi @Robert James! 👋

Due to the chaos, delays and payments on my end!!!! 😤

You still have room for 2!?.... 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

@Robert James👋

Ok, thanks for the info, will sort it out when I get the chance. 🤞👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Whenever it ends up being, I’m still very much looking forwards to meeting you all, and shooting at you

Is there going to be a mandatory 2m minimum engagement or do melee kills count, but potentially do damage over time ;)

On 11/01/2021 at 21:53, Alimcd said:

Whenever it ends up being, I’m still very much looking forwards to meeting you all, and shooting at you

Is there going to be a mandatory 2m minimum engagement or do melee kills count, but potentially do damage over time ;)

Did you pay for 1 or 2?

@Robert James has there been any news yet on wether the event will go ahead in february as planned, or is it still too early to know for certain at the moment?

1 hour ago, Spartan09 said:

@Robert James has there been any news yet on wether the event will go ahead in february as planned, or is it still too early to know for certain at the moment?

I dont think we will find out until the end of this lockdown. I would imagine, tiers will come back into action again and Newbury could go into tier 2, whereas everywhere else could be tier 4 who knows. 

Further to above, I have emailed Luke, twice with no response so far. Trying to move it until the end of March minimum. If nothing comes back within the next week or so, ill cancel and refund anybody who has paid.

I wouldn't mind if it was bumped further tbh. I see like post up and sorting games is the least of his worries atm.

On 06/02/2021 at 22:32, Robert James said:

Further to above, I have emailed Luke, twice with no response so far. Trying to move it until the end of March minimum. If nothing comes back within the next week or so, ill cancel and refund anybody who has paid.

I saw a post he made a while back about being rough as fuck with Covid so hes probably not ghosting you just unable to answer.

I think end of March is a massive punt time wise on the notice of easing of lockdown that Bojo will give next week, and as I am a pessimistic-realist and I would hate to rush easing lockdown just to hit another in 3-4 months time and as much as I want to go pew-pew.

I think most outdoor large grouped sports inc Airsoft will be up and running (pending on Tier rulings) will be up by mid-end April and indoor grouped sports by active by end of May at he latest.

I am fully aware of the vacation rollout but we can’t just rely on the jab and it’s not the golden bullet some think it is, as you can still get covid after being jabbed as my brother-in-law has just found out, he is in hospital recovering well from a brain injury/coma/paralysis and after getting his jab last month back he called my last week and told me he has now got covid! - if he didn’t have bad luck he wouldn’t get any luck at all ;)

Saying all this tho I would now deffo be up for coming along now - I just hope I’m back working long before as funds are starting to dwindle 

2 hours ago, MiK said:

I think end of March is a massive punt time wise on the notice of easing of lockdown that Bojo will give next week, and as I am a pessimistic-realist and I would hate to rush easing lockdown just to hit another in 3-4 months time and as much as I want to go pew-pew.

I think most outdoor large grouped sports inc Airsoft will be up and running (pending on Tier rulings) will be up by mid-end April and indoor grouped sports by active by end of May at he latest.

I am fully aware of the vacation rollout but we can’t just rely on the jab and it’s not the golden bullet some think it is, as you can still get covid after being jabbed as my brother-in-law has just found out, he is in hospital recovering well from a brain injury/coma/paralysis and after getting his jab last month back he called my last week and told me he has now got covid! - if he didn’t have bad luck he wouldn’t get any luck at all ;)

Saying all this tho I would now deffo be up for coming along now - I just hope I’m back working long before as funds are starting to dwindle 

I am sure myself, Luke and the rest of the players wont go if it is not sensible. Ive been to Zmart during restrictions and they really do try their best. If we can play, we can play, hopefully we can. If we cant, ill push it back further. 

**FOLLOWING LAST NIGHTS ANNOUNCEMENT**

Is everyone happy to change to July? I know we can technically play from May 17, but I think, if we allow for any mess ups, if all distancing rules are gone there is more chance of us playing and potentially more people to come

Discuss.

Again, if anyone wants their money back, I'm here

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.