Working Soviet Era Night Vision Scope

Sniper780

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Having a clear out of bit and bobs I don't use and that need to go to a new home.

This a fully working Soviet era night vision scope it is a polish built PPN-3, which I belive is classed as a gen 1.

It comes with:

• The steel heavy duty transit case. 
  • Canvas carrying case
  • Canvas scope case for when the optic is mounted to a rifle.
  •  Spare daylight filter. 
  • Spare rubber eye cup. 
  • 3 spare power switches 
  • Other parts I am not sure what they do.

Everything is in excellent condition, still has some storage grease on the metal locking parts. 

It mainly for the PKM but, it fit on to my RS SVD (see pics) no problem, and the locking clamps can be altered so I am assuming that it can be used on the AK with the side mounting rail.  

I do have a video of it working but the file won't fit on here. 

Looking for a idea of what I should put this up for. 

Any advice would be appreciated.    

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

• Supporters

almost certainly more than i can afford :(

there was a fella on here was selling a similar russian built one: edit: see @airsoftshooter123's post about this ad being a polish build

the hard sell for me is justifying that kind of cash on a gen 1 unit, no matter how much steampunk awesomeness is involved.

10 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

almost certainly more than i can afford :(

there was a fella on here was selling a similar russian built one:

the hard sell for me is justifying that kind of cash on a gen 1 unit, no matter how much steampunk awesomeness is involved.

The PPN-3 that @Sniper780 is selling is significantly less desirable then the Russian one linked here. The Polish ones are worth quite a bit less from what I understand. How much? Not a clue! :D

That other advert appears to be a polish built one too, the markings on the scope look to be from polish factories and manuals look to be in polish not russian. 

They are hard to put a price on really. Russian ones get more of a premium though. I've got the russian made 1pn34 scope which is the slightly later model but still gen 1. You can get polish made ppn-3 scopes from polish marketplaces in good working condition for around £200-300 depending on postage to UK. But thats from a country where they aren't as rare so bare that in mind.

Thank you all for the input, greatly appreciated.

So would a price of £460 which include PayPal fees and postage to the UK be reasonable?    

50 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

So would a price of £460 which include PayPal fees and postage to the UK be reasonable?    

Personally I don't think it will sell at that price. 

8 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Personally I don't think it will sell at that price. 

12 hours ago, Asomodai said:

The PPN-3 that @Sniper780 is selling is significantly less desirable then the Russian one linked here. The Polish ones are worth quite a bit less from what I understand. How much? Not a clue! :D

I know you mentioned  that you not to clear on a price but as a pall park figure what would you say? 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
On 26/11/2020 at 12:50, Sniper780 said:

IMO you'd be looking more like ~200-250. I've seen NSP3s go for around that, buy-it-now, in their original crates on Ebay. I'll try to dig up some examples for you

1 hour ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

IMO you'd be looking more like ~200-250. I've seen NSP3s go for around that, buy-it-now, in their original crates on Ebay. I'll try to dig up some examples for you

If you could that would be greatly appreciated .

I have seen some npp-3 on sale for £360, but are sold as possibly not working.  Also the scope dose fit the side optic rail mount of E&L AKs see pic. 

IMG_20201126_175015.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.