St M4 - Finding and Installing an Ambidextrous Fire Selector

Landbanking

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently bought a S&T M4 SLANT CUT KEYMOD 13" GAS BLOWBACK, like the attached. I'm left handed so am looking at making the safety ambidextrous, but I am having trouble actually finding a replacement. It has a horizontal spring/detent in the lower receiver itself, rather than one going up vertically through the grip, and I am really struggling to find something that will actually fit. I will confess I have very little knowledge, this it the first airsoft gun I've owned. I tried searching the forum and elsewhere, but didnt come up with anything, no doubt because this is not a very popular model. 

If I can't find one, I am considering just buying a selector and finding some super-strong metal glue and putting it on the blank side, but that would obviously be sub-par. 

Does anyone have any thoughts? 

image.png.3fbe401a4d0bf138466e6d364b51c3ee.png

Glueing a selector on the other side will also make it impossible to take it out. Can you post a pic of the selector ( out of the gun) so we can see the shape of the 'inners' 

If all else fails, you could get a real ambi selector and get your existing one drilled , tapped and slotted to fit it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.