Help With Gas Mag / O-rings Help

Flinch_

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm very new to airsoft and I bought a gas pistol about a year ago and I've come back to use it and when i try to fill it up with gas, theres this constant leaky sound/blowing. As if air is constrantly being thrown out, alos the air being thwon out and the air from my can isn't cold at all. From my research i thought that the problems are my can is empty, and it looks like i dont have any O-rings where i re-fill the mag. Could someone look at the picture and help me?

20201124_214243000_iOS.png

I presume the gas is leaking out of the bottom. (Fill valve)

The seal may need replacing but you can try to rejuvenate it with silicone oil first.

Make sure there is no gas left by pressing the knocker button at the top rear of the magazine. (Where the hammer strikes)

Slide off the base plate and then unscrew the valve.  Once out you'll see the rubber seal which you can apply some silicone oil to.  Then screw it back in.

If that doesn't work you can either get an o-ring kit or measure what you need and order the same size.

Loads of videos on you tube on fixing the seals on mags. Normally a good  silicon grease will sort them.  A

Always leave gas in mags, Good gas  has silicon lube in it to stop the  O rings drying out

For base plate leaking you want to check the o-ring on the long screw, and the large one than seals the bottom of the magazine. Lubricating them should fix your problem as others had said, but if they're damaged or brittle you will need to replace them. For that I suggest a set of thin o-rings, you can buy them cheaply from plenty of places. They don't have to be an exact match but don't go thinner, as long as you can close it up and it holds gas.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.