Guns That Aren't as Popular as They Should Be....

Adolf Hamster

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

How often do you see them used by non rentals? The g36, at many price points and by many brands, works inspite of the regular abuse renters give it. This I think was what @Adolf Hamster was aiming for, sure we see them but in the hands of skirmishers? For some reason I keep thinking of the k or e editions for a dmr build.

It was indeed what i was aiming at.

Very rarely see a g36 thats not a poorly kept rental gun.

Its weird, because the other big candidate is the cyma ak but it hasnt been tarred like the g36 has

A friend of mine picked up a TM next gen G36. It’s totally ‘plastic’ and he just likes the look and feel of it. Nostalgic is the word he used.  It has an old school vibe to it according to him. I don’t think they are popular to buy to use anymore. That time has passed. However even at my place we use G36’s as rentals.  They are just robust I guess. 

I thought I was special with my AUG, but first day fielding it last year, a whole group of guys turned up with AUGs, lol. 

I think bullpups in general aren't used much. Though their trigger response is probably why. I'd love to see the ICS SA80 type trigger in more bullpups, perhaps without the glaring design flaw, but that's for another thread. 

On 25/11/2020 at 11:17, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

Damn for a minute I thought you meant a WW2 Bren 😭

Sorry to disappoint. Always found it a bit strange that there are readily available ZB26/30s in airsoft but no classic Bren LMG. 

L85 and other bulpups in general.  Never seen an Aug or Famas as far as I remember.  Even Milsims are a sea of MTP and M4s.  

The other is the SLR/FAL.  Someone should make a decent budget version.   It's dead right for a whole load of roles/games.  

On 24/11/2020 at 18:31, John_W said:

I always wonder why there aren't many UMPs around. Nice big mag if you like HI Caps, its HK, plenty of rail space. 

Yes, it was a UMP9 that Bond used, but there has been a fair amount of movie and TV exposure.

My first aeg was the classic army ump. Was a good piece of kit but there was one problem with it; the mags are so long you cant go prone very well! 

Something I've personally not seen is the Cheytac Intervention and some of the other "made famous by video game" snipers.

Also Fn2000 and Uzi.

On 25/11/2020 at 09:28, MadMole said:

I run two G36's as lend to my mates rif's, dependable, easy to use, easy(ish) to fix, can take drum mags easily to field as a semi LMG

So the person with G36's uses them as loaners/stand by/rental guns😉

• Supporters
6 hours ago, THE FNG said:

My first aeg was the classic army ump. Was a good piece of kit but there was one problem with it; the mags are so long you cant go prone very well! 

Something I've personally not seen is the Cheytac Intervention and some of the other "made famous by video game" snipers.

Also Fn2000 and Uzi.

the f2000 i've found is surprisingly common, i've seen quite a few around, probably the most regular bullpup i'd see.

granted when i got mine originally they were rare, to the point i was known at my regular site simply as "f2000 guy".

i've seen one intervention get fielded, i suspect the size/weight of it is probably why it plays second fiddle to lighter and handier guns like the vsr given you don't get the equivalent range advantage the real one has to pay for its weight.

On 27/11/2020 at 00:22, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

L85 and other bulpups in general.  Never seen an Aug or Famas as far as I remember.  Even Milsims are a sea of MTP and M4s.  

The other is the SLR/FAL.  Someone should make a decent budget version.   It's dead right for a whole load of roles/games.  

Yeah the FAL is very badly served compared to the G3. The latter you can get a cheap JG, while if you want a pricier option there is CA and LCT. Also VFC's GBB option. In comparison if you want a "classic" FAL/SLR about the only option readily in stock is a very expensive Ares L1A1. 

Not a specific gun but guns that come with deans connectors. We're pretty much the only hobby that still widely uses tamiya connectors, everyone else has moved on. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

Not a specific gun but guns that come with deans connectors. We're pretty much the only hobby that still widely uses tamiya connectors, everyone else has moved on. 

Also nimh

I swear thats just a way of getting out of warranty claims "oh you used a lipo/modified the gun, thats not fair use"

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

thought occurrs, not a gun per-say but how come there's very few clones of russian optics on the market?

i mean there's the pso, like 2 versions of the pk-a and that's kind of it.

I recently acquired this, beats trying to find an original

sight.jpg

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, strykerles said:

I recently acquired this, beats trying to find an original

i was thinking more stuff like the rakurs/obzor etc

nobody does a steampunk optic like the russians.

19 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

thought occurrs, not a gun per-say but how come there's very few clones of russian optics on the market?

i mean there's the pso, like 2 versions of the pk-a and that's kind of it.

This. I wanted to put a kobra rds on my AK, but unfortunately all the clones appear to be shite and a real one would set me back more than the gun

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

This. I wanted to put a kobra rds on my AK, but unfortunately all the clones appear to be shite and a real one would set me back more than the gun

Yep, i think imma have to just thin out my optics collection and just get a real obzor.

At least a decent amount of the russian stuff is still in production and not insanely priced (compared to western optics at least)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.