Tm Mk23 Help

AirsoftRegan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys so I’ve been playing airsoft for a few months now and I’ve started to become interested in taking apart internal and upgrading. I have bought an MK23 and am looking to run it in a DMR Kit so as a result I’m looking to increase accuracy and range if possible but because of my lack of experience with upgrading I’m unsure on where to start or what to look for to turn this beast pistol into a decent dmr platform. Can anyone point me in the right direction

The MK23 is very simple to upgrade. Internally you need just four components. 

1. Hadron Designs TDC

2. Hadron H-Arm

3. Bucking - 50 degrees flamingo bucking (yes it’s pink in colour)

4. inner barrel. For those not wanting a DMR then a 150mm crazy jet barrel will do it. 

For a DMR you will need a longer barrel.  

There are so many videos on YT just go and have a look. 

Oh This post should belong to the gas guns section of the forum. 

https://www.onmymk.com/

tis the Holy Bible of the MK23 Offensive Handgun system.

As a general rule of thumb, TDC plate, Maple Leaf rubber, that's it. Hadron Designs is where you buy the TDC parts

For carbine kits there are a few available options, most of them are 3d printed kits (most notably the Foundry Airsoft one).

A longer barrel will just ramp up the energy output, the gun is already a sniper rifle as it is @1J with retarded range on heavy BBs.

I totally agree, apart from the Crazy Jet (unpopular opinion, I know). Hadron TDC and H arm are fantastic purchases for a mk23, and for hop rubber you can also look at the Maple Leaf Autobots (the new, 2021 versions) or MR hop rubbers as well.

I dislike Crazy Jets as both of mine don't fit properly into the hop units as the outer diameter isn't large enough, meaning I would need to wrap PTFE tape around the outside to make it fit. This leads to the alignment being ever so wrong (literally < 1mm off) and so the BBs clip the suppressor. I imagine this would be amplified in a DMR kit. They're more expensive, but I'm a big fan of Edgi and PDI barrels. Nineball (Laylax) are also good if you're on a budget, but with pistol barrels the difference is usually tiny so I'd say just go big or go home. Stock TM barrels are pretty good.

5 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I totally agree, apart from the Crazy Jet (unpopular opinion, I know). Hadron TDC and H arm are fantastic purchases for a mk23, and for hop rubber you can also look at the Maple Leaf Autobots (the new, 2021 versions) or MR hop rubbers as well.

I dislike Crazy Jets as both of mine don't fit properly into the hop units as the outer diameter isn't large enough, meaning I would need to wrap PTFE tape around the outside to make it fit. This leads to the alignment being ever so wrong (literally < 1mm off) and so the BBs clip the suppressor. I imagine this would be amplified in a DMR kit. They're more expensive, but I'm a big fan of Edgi and PDI barrels. Nineball (Laylax) are also good if you're on a budget, but with pistol barrels the difference is usually tiny so I'd say just go big or go home. Stock TM barrels are pretty good.

I've always wondered why PTFE tape was needed for a Crazy Jet barrel as it's bonkers... I've never found an explanation for it until now....!

Also, having to apply teflon tape is just bollocks! You shouldn't have to do that! Imagine what Luke would say :D:D

So would a EDGI/Laylax/Nine ball barrel not need this doing to?

MK23 Teflon Tape.jpg

13 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

So would a EDGI/Laylax/Nine ball barrel not need this doing to?

No, because I'm not doing it for airseal. I'm doing it part of the way down the barrel where it exits the hop unit to make it fit snug. Otherwise it doesn't quite fit and rattles around and doesn't line up properly. This has only happened to me on Crazy Jets and has happened with both I have (both on the mk23 and VSR).

I wish Crazy Jets were made of steel rather than brass.

Also if you want to stay in a budget, the AA steel barrels are great. The one I have in my striker is really good and it was just €25!

2 minutes ago, Impulse said:

No, because I'm not doing it for airseal. I'm doing it part of the way down the barrel where it exits the hop unit to make it fit snug. Otherwise it doesn't quite fit and rattles around and doesn't line up properly. This has only happened to me on Crazy Jets and has happened with both I have (both on the mk23 and VSR).

Have you tried shoving an 0 ring over the barrel to help centre it? Also which version of the CJ barrel do you have? There's a newer version according to Skirmshop which doesn't need a modification of the inner hop to accommodate the barrel...

4 minutes ago, Skara said:

I wish Crazy Jets were made of steel rather than brass.

That would probably double their price too! The flare design of the muzzle end of the CJ barrel is something which Systema have been doing with their PTWS for years... That's why PTW groupings are mental ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.