'The Yard' Ammanford

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So turns out for near a yr I’ve had a CQB site not 35mins from where I live and didn’t even know it !

‘the yard’ Was the home of a haulage firm (hence the name) once the owner retired and sold the business assets off he wanted  the yard to still have a use as he owned the site Outright plus he ‘wanted something to do’ in his retirement ! So fortuitously for the Airsoft community he crossed paths with a player and the rest is history ! On site you’ve got a port a cabin As the office/shop one safe area , then you’ve got original site office as another safe area and the you’ve also got two containers that have had doorways And windows cut in to them With benches for your kit . 
the site is quite ‘apocalyptic’ looking as you’ve piles of timber/metal/abandoned outbuilding/smashed up cars and a couple of bunkers in and around the yard , at the back there’s a very steep hill which is also in play via a network of trails , in front of the yard there’s a 6ft berm running the length of the site So you can move very well under cover . 
the CQB is in what was the main lorry garage. Dennis the owner estimated he’s put about 25 grands worth of timber in it , and I believe him ! He’s also working on (and hopes to have it up and running by Jan) a pop up target system so he can run timed and themed events in it . He’s also got a bunk house on site so players can stay over if there travelling any distance.

heres the important bit the photos ! 

8CCEA5E5-F14F-4D1B-B571-451EC5436271.jpeg

597CA21B-6B75-4A90-A200-9AB4ED556FA5.jpeg

152EF967-555D-4E82-A653-BB20510D9E8C.jpeg

466B8C91-A4F9-4553-B583-9A16BABFCE5B.jpeg

3F8D99A0-A634-41B0-BC45-E994754AABBD.jpeg

387DF534-F3D6-46BF-A04E-FD40D544EB19.jpeg

10F69B43-7E02-49FF-A22A-FF6E169600AA.jpeg

56C9DC86-8E3C-4007-B43D-11008F098736.jpeg

5BB0E98B-4AAB-4399-8E80-844471648FB8.jpeg

Where is this place and is there a website? 
I would be interested in popping along in the new year depending on where it is.

A quick search of the interwebs came up with 

https://www.facebook.com/TheYardAirsoft/

seems to be in Wales near Llandeilo shame it’s 3 1/2 hours across the road from me cuss it looks mint.

but from a health & safety point of view those stairs and balconies need some more rails to protect a falling/tripping player from something untoward 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, MiK said:

A quick search of the interwebs came up with 

https://www.facebook.com/TheYardAirsoft/

seems to be in Wales near Llandeilo shame it’s 3 1/2 hours across the road from me cuss it looks mint.

but from a health & safety point of view those stairs and balconies need some more rails to protect a falling/tripping player from something untoward 

It’s in Ammanford Carmarthenshire, you go to the very end of the M4 then cut north about 4miles up country .

It’s got its H&S certificate So no problems there .
Also has a bunkhouse on site so players can stay over night if travelling a distance .

i was there on a private day and as long as you have 20 or more players it costs , get this £15 a head ! 

Hmm I’m in London so it’s a fair old trek. That being said I can combine a padding trip in the wye valley and a trip there 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, MiK said:

@Druid799 a H&S cert or not some of those barriers look sketchy at best all it takes is a slip and your through those stairs

Not a personal attack mate but you’ve decided that from the couple of photos I posted that you know better than a health and safety inspector as to if it’s safe or not . Ok so what’s to be done ? completely enclosed stairwells with hand rails up both sides ? No gaps of any sort above ground level ? Or Just to be safe then no play allowed above ground level ? Where does it stop , no guns above 100fps ? your only allowed to shoot center mass ? How do you decide when legitimate safety precautions have reach there maximum level and personal responsibility begins . 
I think it’s safe to say most sites in this country have never seen any kind of safety officer let alone a full inspection of them and near all the sites I’ve visited in 20yrs+ of playing where more dangerous than this one and some by a very big margin . If the H&S inspector certified it safe then obviously they’ve decided with some modicum of personal responsibility it’s is , which means is it so unreasonable to expect people to take responsibility for there own safety as well as expecting the site to do it for them ?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.