Specna Arms Sa-v38 Handguard Removal

RAM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi can anyone help me with solving how to remove the handguard from the Specna Arms SA-V38 (Sailent Arms GRY).

I have looked for screws around the outside but can't find any and I have also pulled the pin at the bottom and lifted the catch in the hope that is how you get it off like on the real version but it doesn't want to budge and I don't want to break it.

The reason I want to remove the handguard is so I can clean the outter barrel before having a go at painting the rifle.

If anyone knows how to remove the handguard I would very much appreciate the info on how to do it.

20201121_123127.jpg

20201121_123108.jpg

Both of these videos (albeit different airsoft manufacturers) indicate that it should just slide off:

Personally, I would use a flat/drift punch and gently tap the rail forward from the receiver end. And I mean gently (but frequently) tap on both sides of the rail - then see if there is any movement.

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Personally, I would use a flat/drift punch and gently tap the rail forward from the receiver end. And I mean gently (but frequently) tap on both sides of the rail - then see if there is any movement.

Thanks for the idea I did itand it created a small gap to let me see that there was a plate around the back and figure out how to do it which it use a flat head screwdriver and gently lever it forward from the receiver. It was binding on the mock gas tube.

Added a photo for reference just incase anyone else has this issue.

20201121_145901.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.